Metallica - 72 Seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

the thoughts of someone who doesn't follow them any more with any interest though once did.

had some listens of what was on yt. common theme with metallica - take an interesting idea and stretch it to within an inch of its life. be that song length or album length. i don't at all mind the the stripped back nature of the sound or riffage but it doesn't belong on a long-ass album like this. they are incapable of trimming the fat from their music.

not a fan of james' singing. his singing is one of the worst thing to happen to later period metallica. sure, he can massage his voice over the top of the music but i just don't think it fits at all.

otherwise they sound in good form, just uninteresting.

the thoughts of someone who doesn't follow them any more with any interest though once did.

had some listens of what was on yt. common theme with metallica - take an interesting idea and stretch it to within an inch of its life. be that song length or album length. i don't at all mind the the stripped back nature of the sound or riffage but it doesn't belong on a long-ass album like this. they are incapable of trimming the fat from their music.

not a fan of james' singing. his singing is one of the worst thing to happen to later period metallica. sure, he can massage his voice over the top of the music but i just don't think it fits at all.

otherwise they sound in good form, just uninteresting.
Agree, mostly. I think james sounds great. Much better than that early 2010's period.
The songs are awful.
Lyrics are major cringe.
Solo's are almost laughable, my first band stuff.
Album is a major miss.

Any word at all on an Australian tour?
I would guess probably not until 2025 at the earliest, it's actually kinda shitty after they cancelled the last tour so James could go to rehab nearly 4 years ago now. The Aussie dollars just don't add up to make it worthwhile for them I suppose, and for a band like Metallica that don't make much money and are fighting for survival, you can't blame them for being nervous about their profit margins.

I would guess probably not until 2025 at the earliest, it's actually kinda shitty after they cancelled the last tour so James could go to rehab nearly 4 years ago now. The Aussie dollars just don't add up to make it worthwhile for them I suppose, and for a band like Metallica that don't make much money and are fighting for survival, you can't blame them for being nervous about their profit margins.

And yet when they do tour, you know we'll be told that we're all part of "the Metallica family".

And yet when they do tour, you know we'll be told that we're all part of "the Metallica family".

It is ******* s**t form. Pretty certain they have played many places twice since they cancelled down here.

Newb… they sold out after kill ‘em all 😏
N0000000000000000b!!! They sold out when they caved in and agreed not to name their debut album 'Metal Up Your Ass' with this cover

8306.jpg

Kill ’Em All​

Would Metallica have had the same impact if their debut album was called Metal Up Your Ass and featured a dagger-wielding hand emerging from a toilet? That was the band’s plan, but title and cover were both vetoed by their label – although they still exist in the form of Metallica’s 1982 demo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah James can stick that schtick.
The times I saw them live he was drunk, angry and pissed off and in contempt of his audience.
And tha'ts exactly how we all liked him to be, and fueled the best possible live performance.
All this "Metallica family" crap and things like "Papa Het" name tagged on his jacket?
Jesus Christ give me a break.
Luckily I was old enough to see them live in the 80's/90's.

The times I saw them live he was drunk, angry and pissed off and in contempt of his audience.
And tha'ts exactly how we all liked him to be, and fueled the best possible live performance.
All this "Metallica family" crap and things like "Papa Het" name tagged on his jacket?

Justice tour at Festival Hall with Mortal Sin? I know a bloke who went to that show, very *in jealous (I was only 8 though ha ha)

One of the biggest influences on my formative years was that Cunning Stunts video, on the Loud tour. Now THAT is how a frontman should act.

One of the biggest influences on my formative years was that Cunning Stunts video, on the Loud tour. Now THAT is how a frontman should act.

Damage Inc, the Aussie Metallica tribute are doing a tour where they're going to do the Cunning Stunts video. I've seen them before, they're pretty good tbh particularly Clint the frontman, really has the Hetfield rhythm style down pat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back