MICK JEFFREY to COACH BULLDOGS in 2008-CONFIRMED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JEFFREY TO BE KENNEL MASTER
By Matthew Janson
26/09/2007
11:36 AM

The Western Bulldogs have sprung a major shock to the system by replacing incumbent coach Rodney Eade with rookie coach Mick Jeffrey effective immediately. The decision was made in accordance to the revolution that has swept the Whitten Oval in recent weeks.

In making the appointment, CEO Campbell Rose paid tribute to Eade's efforts but felt that a fresh approach to the cause was required. "Rodney has done a great job at the club but we feel at the club that the time is right to have a coach to build the team at the same time as building his own reputation."

Jeffrey, 23, was thrilled to be appointed as one of the youngest coaches ever to take charge of a senior football team. "I am aware of the challenge that lies ahead of this club and myself. Results are what the club really needs at this stage and as coach it is up to me to get the best out of the playing group in order to meet expectations."

When quizzed on what he expects from the Bulldogs for season 2008, Jeffrey was very blunt in his assessment. "Anything less than making the last 4 will be seen as failure. There is no excuse any more regarding players needing time and injuries cutting our chances. That's taking the easy way out of saying that we didn't cut the mustard. If our players are good enough to make it at senior level, regardless of their stage of developement, then they will get games. No player is assured of a place in the 22 for Round 1."

Jeffrey also gave an insight into the so-called "Drugs Controversy", stating that the AFL isn't being proactive to catch the cheats. He also reminded the players involved, none of whom are on his playing list, to come clean and show leadership before the image of the game is tarnished to an irrepairable state.

Rodney Eade was unavailable for comment today, although a press conference is scheduled for tomorrow where he will make his statement on the decision to release him.

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, THIS IS ALL BS. This is just to show how ridiculous it is for people to come up with ridiculous statements over how things are a done deal several weeks out from Trade Week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back