List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2024 - From 7PM Wed 29th May Live on afl.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Most highlight packages look good but this is exactly the type of player I’d love to see in our forward line.

It’s a surprise he isn’t playing afl so perhaps something hasn’t worked out thus far - maybe injuries ?

I can't really find a write-up on him as to what has held him back.

What will prevent us taking one like him is that it becomes an admission that a couple of recent selections were suboptimal

Geez, I hope not. I feel like we have stuck to certain players or game plans stubbornly in the past. Surely, we can recognise that we have a weakness in this area, but having said that, the weakness comes just as much from having a kick it long to a tall mentality, which is so predictable, our forward line is nearly always crowded, which makes it near impossible for our small forwards to be able to work.

Toby Murray is amongst the list of players getting medicals ahead of MSD.
200cm forward ruck 20yo

Watched Murray in his draft year.

Young giraffe with some decent highlights, but years off maturity. Though he would be a great rookie type if there was room.

His brother at Adelaide was also slow maturing. Toby spent pre season at Adelaide with his brother and has been solidly linked with the Crows. He is a genuine swingman/pinch hitting ruck. I don’t see him as a genuine ruck. Two years of body development on from his draft year, would be a decent investment if he reached our pick.

Most highlight packages look good but this is exactly the type of player I’d love to see in our forward line.

It’s a surprise he isn’t playing afl so perhaps something hasn’t worked out thus far - maybe injuries ?
Played a year beside Bryce Gibbs, so would have an avenue to relevant information on the player.

Watched Murray in his draft year.

Young giraffe with some decent highlights, but years off maturity. Though he would be a great rookie type if there was room.

His brother at Adelaide was also slow maturing. Toby spent pre season at Adelaide with his brother and has been solidly linked with the Crows. He is a genuine swingman/pinch hitting ruck. I don’t see him as a genuine ruck. Two years of body development on from his draft year, would be a decent investment if he reached our pick.

Stay away plz

Was looking into his palmares on the back of state selection and didn't find much either nor is he mentioned on SA team boards as a candidate. But he seems to have attributes we could use.
Here's another highlight

He ran towards the drop of the ball and where the pack formed and in the direction of the goals - so he clearly understands the role and importance of positioning himself as a small forward - which is a big tick.

Was looking into his palmares on the back of state selection and didn't find much either nor is he mentioned on SA team boards as a candidate. But he seems to have attributes we could use.
Here's another highlight

I saw a mention of him on the drafts board in the MSD thread. That's what made me go looking in the first place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McMahon mentioned on Gettable video along with Riley Collier-Dawkins as being of interest to us.
Just watched it, seems a little odd that we're potentially targeting another big bodied inside mid when we're screaming for forwards - although he does have pace to go along with his inside game, so gives a point of difference. Just turned 24yo, so does fit our list profile - although I'm still hoping we're targeting a forward with our 1st pick.

Anyway, from the 2019 VFL grand final as a 19yo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back