Minson / Lobbe / Maric / Jacobs

Remove this Banner Ad

I asked because you seem to have your finger on the pulse and usually provide measured appraisal when it comes to the young guys.
Wanna be a smartarse then whatever float yer boat I guess.

I saw his firt two games and I thought he went alright. Very athletic and from some highlight package I saw looks to have the ability to take a big grab. For a B-ball convert he seems a lot more natural than say K.Tippetr.

So what are his knocks? Besides not being a household name after 5 or 6 games.

He's been on the GCS list for 5 years, played 45 games...

Are you aware how bad his PCL injury is??

This follows on from a history of knee problems all throughout his time on the GCS list.

With Ruck contingent of Tom Nicholl, Keegan Brooksby and Dan Currie what makes you think GCS will want to offload him? He's clearly the best of a very average trio unless you count rookie Loersch

He's been on the GCS list for 5 years, played 45 games...

Are you aware how bad his PCL injury is??

This follows on from a history of knee problems all throughout his time on the GCS list.

With Ruck contingent of Tom Nicholl, Keegan Brooksby and Dan Currie what makes you think GCS will want to offload him? He's clearly the best of a very average trio unless you count rookie Loersch

Great, thankyou for this info.
Very interesting and the the best thing about it is that Im not even thinking of the right team let alone player.
I was thinking of Archie Smith. Idiot.

Twas a big one last night.

Ruckman coming back from an injury has an average game.

NO WAIT, HES JUST s**t, HAS ALWAYS BEEN s**t AND WILL ALWAYS BE s**t. THOSE GOOD GAMES YOU THOUGHT HE HAD? NOPE! NEVER HAPPENED! THE GAMES CHANGED OVER NIGHT AND THIS IS IN NO WAY AN OVER REACTION TO A TERRIBLE GAME BY THE ENTIRE TEAM.

HES TERRIBLE.

NO WAIT, HES JUST s**t, HAS ALWAYS BEEN s**t AND WILL ALWAYS BE s**t. THOSE GOOD GAMES YOU THOUGHT HE HAD? NOPE! NEVER HAPPENED! THE GAMES CHANGED OVER NIGHT AND THIS IS IN NO WAY AN OVER REACTION TO A TERRIBLE GAME BY THE ENTIRE TEAM.

HES TERRIBLE.

A lot of people have been calling out sauce on struggling all year, don't pretend this is all suddenly retrospective.

HES TERRIBLE.
Check the game day thread round 1. This isn't a reaction from 1 bad game.

He used to have a significant impact around the ground but this has disappeared in many games this season

He started the year not jumping, just standing under the drop of the ball, blocking and trying to tap backwards and to his left. Had a run of good games, but has largely been poor throughout the year. But his last 2 games have been terrible, especially considering the opposition. JJ seemed to spend more time in the ruck last night, Sauce cannot be right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that annoys me re Jacobs is he has no physical presence…he's the anti-Mumford.

Even when your fitness/form is poo you should still be throwing your weight around as a big man. Unfortunately, Jacobs is almost meek.

Sorry for intruding but is jacobs carrying a significant injury? Giles no way should have beaten him, let alone neautralised the contest. Giles has been putrid at WAFL level and plays second fiddle to a 32 year old Paul Johnson. Hopefully for your sake its the wake up call he needed.

IMO expect big plays in the off season to get a ruckman through trading. Reckon we also try for a ruckman in the draft after Hunter and Lowden are delisted this year.

I'm concerned by his form, and if we play North he's coming up against a guy who has traditionally had the better of him.

Not sure ROB is an exact copy, he appears more athletic and he certainly looks to give more around the ground.

But LOL at this Majak talk.

Majak is a pretty darn good contested mark and every time he plucks one I think " gee, he'd go alright as a third tall/2nd ruck" and then he makes a decision about what to do with the ball. Bit unfortunate really but the decision making and skill execution is really poor.

Think Sauce is playing injured, has been really poor since he came back, towelled up by Lobbe and Giles should be sending alarm bells to our centre and ruck coaches...but it won't

Majak is a pretty darn good contested mark and every time he plucks one I think " gee, he'd go alright as a third tall/2nd ruck" and then he makes a decision about what to do with the ball. Bit unfortunate really but the decision making and skill execution is really poor.

Think Sauce is playing injured, has been really poor since he came back, towelled up by Lobbe and Giles should be sending alarm bells to our centre and ruck coaches...but it won't

We absolutely will not make that call. Sauce giving us an injured 2/10 performance is preferred to ROB giving us 5/10. It's not even an error they make at selection, it's a fully informed and conscious choice. Selection at our club has not been about form for a very long time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back