News & Events Missing Titanic tourist submarine

Remove this Banner Ad

A Hahahahaha.
There are so many millennial sofkoks on the Ukraine war page that know nothing of the history of Russian politics.
I think they get thier knowledge from movies and tic toc sites.
Im not even going there, I know nothing about politics nor care for it. I do hate it when my kids say something dumb that they heard off tik tok though.

The Russians seem to be overly fond of a good internal dust up.
Im expecting a few people to be pushed out of windows this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. He's talking about the window itself. My bet is still on the carbon fibre hull.

I don't think I've seen somebody bragging about constant failures and shitty materials this much about their own product, it was almost like a cry for help...like he was trying to put off investors. And yet he was completely serious. Bizarre.

Yeah I was thinking along those lines. If it's brittle, stressing it during testing would just weaken it with micro fractures.

</notanengineeratall>

Doing some reading the other day and one of the submersibles being looked at by Richard Branson to do Challenger Deep was cancelled once they realised it was only rated for a one-off dive down there and figured unless it was designed to be reusable there wasn't much point.

I imagine despite surviving dives previously, the carbon-fibre hull simply wasn't capable of handing long-term repeated exposure to that kind of pressure. The genuine deep (deep) exploration submersibles that can handle pressure down to 11km deep for repeated dives are pretty impressive to read about just how much goes in to creating and maintaining them.

Reeks so much of rich entitlement, i'm rich i can do what i want as no rules apply to me. It's such a shame that that this superiority complex has cost other people their lives.

You've just been bolted into a sardine can from the outside. You ask "what are you using to control the submarine?" Without speaking or even looking back, the CEO of the company holds up a $30 Logitech game controller. At that point I would be pretty happy that we were heading back to the surface.

View attachment 1722491

When it's your time it's your time

Reeks so much of rich entitlement, i'm rich i can do what i want as no rules apply to me. It's such a shame that that this superiority complex has cost other people their lives.
To be fair it doesn't look like he hid anything from passengers and also he went down with it as well so he must have been comfortable with the risk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back