Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
*Billionaire Watch

Hamish Harding British Billionaire ( dont ask me) and 4 others have lost contact with the surface vessel while touring the Titanic site in a submersible

They have had no contact for 24 hours and have life support for a total of 96 hours

(my worst nightmare)

*Billionaire Watch

Hamish Harding British Billionaire ( dont ask me) and 4 others have lost contact with the surface vessel while touring the Titanic site in a submersible

They have had no contact for 24 hours and have life support for a total of 96 hours

(my worst nightmare)
He became a billionaire by brokering the buying and selling of private jets. I would have thought it was a nice little earner but billionaire? Wow

I'd be absolutely staggered if they found them alive.

Unless they've just become entangled in the ship somewhere, I'm not even convinced they'll find them.
just saw pics of what it's like inside, would be bloody claustrophobic especially with 5 people freaking out in it

going to be a difficult rescue if the sub is at the bottom of the ocean, that sub is the only one in the world capable of reaching that depth with people on board. any rescue attempt will have to be with a remote controlled machine, and they have less than 4 days air and time to get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

going to be a difficult rescue if the sub is at the bottom of the ocean, that sub is the only one in the world capable of reaching that depth with people on board. any rescue attempt will have to be with a remote controlled machine, and they have less than 4 days air and time to get it done.
There's already experts saying that if it hasn't surfaced by now, it won't.

I'm curious to discover what's caused this. I have a suspicion they won't even find it.

There's already experts saying that if it hasn't surfaced by now, it won't.

I'm curious to discover what's caused this. I have a suspicion they won't even find it.
i'm sure they'll locate it, it would have to have a tracking device on it, but yes curious as to what has gone wrong, catastrophicfailure of some sort maybe ? interesting that it took ten hours for the mothership to ask for help?

i'm sure they'll locate it, it would have to have a tracking device on it, but yes curious as to what has gone wrong, catastrophicfailure of some sort maybe ? interesting that it took ten hours for the mothership to ask for help?
Granted I know nothing about sea travel but you think there'd be some kind of travel plan for these kinds of incidents?

Not only does the Titan not have GPS underwater, the hatch is bolted shut from the outside.

And according to Pogue there is no other way out.

He explained to BBC on Tuesday, there was no escape pod and the sub needed to get to the surface.

“It’s get to the surface or die,” he said.

Oh god... * that to all hell. I'd rather have no money and my life, than spend $367,000 looking for the Titanic, and die.

Not only does the Titan not have GPS underwater, the hatch is bolted shut from the outside.

And according to Pogue there is no other way out.

He explained to BBC on Tuesday, there was no escape pod and the sub needed to get to the surface.

“It’s get to the surface or die,” he said.

Oh god... * that to all hell. I'd rather have no money and my life, than spend $367,000 looking for the Titanic, and die.

And they probably don't even see it with their own eyes anyway. The one window they have is about 1ft wide so they'd just be watching on the on-board cameras mostly. Could basically get the same result by searching on youtube.

Here's a theory from left field - whale attack? Orcas have been going after boats recently. If one of those slammed into the hatch window..

This seriously looks like something made in some man cave - not one of the only manned submarine capable of travelling to the depths of the Titanic

And they probably don't even see it with their own eyes anyway. The one window they have is about 1ft wide so they'd just be watching on the on-board cameras mostly. Could basically get the same result by searching on youtube.

Here's a theory from left field - whale attack? Orcas have been going after boats recently. If one of those slammed into the hatch window..
I’ve already floated the megalodon attack. Like others I think the hull lost integrity and imploded.

Yikes, the tweet under that one about the 16 year old girl?
twitter is an absolute cesspool of base humanity.

I skipped most of the comments and it's the same thing on way too many tweets - main reason for posting that one was the image as I haven't really seen a clean image of the vessel, and with the shelving behind that it starts to put into perspective how small it is

And then there's this article I've started reading - no seats, only a carpet floor to sit on, and only 1 person can stretch out at a time. Don't not sound a comfortable experience at all regardless of what ones trying to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Back