Mega Thread Celebrating Kora the Companion Dog-the Casual Chat Thread: Part Deux

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do have this for the coming year.
TkVhTVs.jpg

Might not need to.
So there are two Freo fans on the St Kilda membership card? As well as what looks like a fan sucking up to Josh Bruce? :s :s

I'm a bit upset today. That was my first plane crash since starting work here. I'm surprised how much it's affected me considering I don't know the pilot personally, but I do know a few of his mates.
Hopefully then you have the support around you if you need it.

For AFL membership its level. Being silver puts you on the waitlist for gold.

Im out on my walk and have just passed a purple and pink dog.
I hope you picked up after you.

I have no idea what the answer to this one is, I would like to hear others views suggestions.

It seems that Woolies has taken to employing a few people with disabilities at my local store. I have absolutely no problem with that and cudos to woolies, although I bet there is some financial advantage for doing so, but I digress.

The problem is that on a first encounter it is not clear that the checkout operator does in fact have a disability, and often they just appear to be a bit odd or slow, or not well trained and not every customer is the most patient. I have witnessed quite a few customers getting quite angry / short with them and this is not fair on the checkout operator as that job is probably crappy enough a lot of the time anyway so getting abused more than any other checkout operator would suck.

They should have the right to have a job that they are essentially capable of doing, they shouldn't have to wear a badge asking people to be patient or highlight their disability, but they shouldn't have to put up with the crap either.

Is there a solution to this?

I have no idea what the answer to this one is, I would like to hear others views suggestions.

It seems that Woolies has taken to employing a few people with disabilities at my local store. I have absolutely no problem with that and cudos to woolies, although I bet there is some financial advantage for doing so, but I digress.

The problem is that on a first encounter it is not clear that the checkout operator does in fact have a disability, and often they just appear to be a bit odd or slow, or not well trained and not every customer is the most patient. I have witnessed quite a few customers getting quite angry / short with them and this is not fair on the checkout operator as that job is probably crappy enough a lot of the time anyway so getting abused more than any other checkout operator would suck.

They should have the right to have a job that they are essentially capable of doing, they shouldn't have to wear a badge asking people to be patient or highlight their disability, but they shouldn't have to put up with the crap either.

Is there a solution to this?
The solution would be to have who ever the manager is, around keeping an eye on things to step in and defuse any problems. Short of the the alerting signage sort of thing you don't want to see.

The solution would be to have who ever the manager is, around keeping an eye on things to step in and defuse any problems. Short of the the alerting signage sort of thing you don't want to see.
Is that really practical? I agree they should definitely step in if they see something but you can't really have a manager hanging around a checkout chick all day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that really practical? I agree they should definitely step in if they see something but you can't really have a manager hanging around a checkout chick all day.
Maybe not, but having other staff around in general to support

Solution is to tell campaigners that they are being campaigners even if they are customers instead of acting like they aren't.

The customer isn't always right and standing in a line to get someone else to pack your groceries doesn't entitle you to act like an arsehole

If a customer is getting "angry/short" then there is generally a reason. If the operator is is training, it's quite acceptable for them to wear a badge that says that and everybody usually cuts them some slack. If they have been trained and are simply not competent enough to deliver acceptable service, for whatever reason, they should be redeployed to a position commensurate with their skills.

In my experience, most failed checkout operator end up in the deli.

Doss here are the cupcakes I told you about last week, I made everything from scratch including the kittens and flowers. The cupcakes, buttercream, flowers etc are all vegan..everyone said they tasted amazing.

P1100787.jpg

Doss here are the cupcakes I told you about last week, I made everything from scratch including the kittens and flowers. The cupcakes, buttercream, flowers etc are all vegan..everyone said they tasted amazing.

View attachment 339693
Too pretty to actually eat!

View attachment 339693
That's fricken gorgeous woosh!

Wooshette should have a crack at this show if it hasn't already been axed.

sm_Zumbo-show.jpg
I've watched that show, I don't get a lot of the stuff they do..a bit too exotic. I like more simple home cooking but beautifully presented, presentation is everything when you put something on the table.
Cakes are a hobby for family though I'm thinking of starting maybe selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back