Power21

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2004
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Probably not so much if you're an Avs fan but the game where Mccarty beat the living crap out of Lemieux for hitting Draper was amazing.

The fact that he got the game winner in OT probably made it one of his best ever games, but sticking up fro Draper is what i love.

The Vernon-Roy fight aswell, Shanny intercepting Roy then punching on with Foote, Maltby as phsyical as he ever was, what a great game!

Re: Most inspiring moments.

AACF017~Ray-Bourque-With-the-Stanley-Cup-6-9-01-Photofile-Posters.jpg

VC, is almost there, the moment just before, Sakic saying "Where's Ray", or similar, is the gold bit for mine. But then again, when he hoists it up, thats pretty damn good too.

AADO006~Vladimir-Konstantinov-with-the-2002-Stanley-Cup-27-Photofile-Posters.jpg
98vladcup.JPG

Also, seeing Colby kick the poo out of Baumgartner after laying out Sami Kapanen in the first game of the season "he's old time hockey, boy":
[youtube]Gl61GtnHyrg[/youtube]

Another beauty from playoff hockey. Eastern Conference finals 1994. Devils are leading the Rangers 3-2 in the series from memory. Mark Messier announces to the press "We will win."

Messier does everything possible to ensure the Rangers win that game by scoring a hat trick. Rangers go on to win the series in 7 and then the Cup over Vancouver. I saw a special on that series and Martin Brodeur said, "When I saw that quote in the headlines I thought, 'that's not good.'" Messier is one of my most respected hockey players and this story is the epitome of his character (closely followed by leading the Oilers to the 1990 Cup in the post Gretzky era).

Game 6 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Scott Stevens makes roadkill out of Paul Kariya. Kariya comes back to score, in a win for Anaheim, forcing a game 7. They may not have won the cup, and I'm not a huge fan of Kariya's, but to get up from that hit, let alone score was a pretty gutsy effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8up-tkxZ4r8

Game 6 2003 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Scott Stevens makes roadkill out of Paul Kariya. Kariya comes back to score, in a win for Anaheim, forcing a game 7. They may not have won the cup, and I'm not a huge fan of Kariya's, but to get up from that hit, let alone score was a pretty gutsy effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8up-tkxZ4r8
Good nomination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back