Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 30 Team Thread | B&F 17/12 19:30 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Leaderboard - Round 4
Let’s take quick look at the leaderboard after four rounds of voting…

R4 Leaderboard.png

Now we’re taking a little break from the vote count to present some important club awards…

cats2rise Medal
1. C2RMedal Header.png

So this season, we thought we’d try something a little bit different and play Tarkyn_24 at Full Forward. It can never be said that I’m not a forward-thinking and change-averse captain, nosiree.

I recall Hate doing some excellent media piece about whether or not Tarks could reach his 1,000th Sweet F.A. goal in Season 30, and of course held out hopes that he would notch up that momentous milestone. However, it became very clear about 8 rounds in that there would be no joy on this front.

Regardless, the great man kept pulling on his boots and putting his brave face on as we got routinely smashed in the latter half of the season, and still managed to kick the most goals of any of us this season, although Thetrader15 did challenge him. I mean, Tarks’ goal tally was actually lower than my much laughed-at tally from Season 28 or whenever it was.

But we won’t judge him because he’s gone and won the cats2rise medal again!

Congratulations Tarks!

1. C2RMEDAL.png

Defender Of The Year
2. Defender Header.png

Our defence wasn’t quite as solid as it has been in the past few seasons, and I can’t quite put my finger on why.

Was it the consistent naming of very solid, experienced posters such as Oddhawk , Quivorir and boncer34 ? No, that wouldn’t be it.

Was it the move of our dashing midfielder Yakker and a new recruit Toump Ass as rebound defenders? No, they seemed to play well.

Could it instead have been the move of myself to the super-important full back position (which probably meant that our opposing full forwards kicked lots of shitty goals)? Yeah, that sounds about right. Sorry for that.

But when I looked at the ~ s t a t s ~ and the All-SFA team I did seem to be the only one of our defenders that managed to dominate their position, so in that vein (perhaps 'vain' is more fitting) I’m giving myself the stuffing award. I deserve it.

Congratulations Manang.

Yeah, thanks mate.

No worries.

Bit weird giving yourself an award isn't it?

Yep.

2. DEFENDERAWARD.png

So this season, we thought we’d try something a little bit different and play Tarkyn_24 at Full Forward. It can never be said that I’m not a forward-thinking and change-averse captain, nosiree.

I recall Hate doing some excellent media piece about whether or not Tarks could reach his 1,000th Sweet F.A. goal in Season 30, and of course held out hopes that he would notch up that momentous milestone. However, it became very clear about 8 rounds in that there would be no joy on this front.

Regardless, the great man kept pulling on his boots and putting his brave face on as we got routinely smashed in the latter half of the season, and still managed to kick the most goals of any of us this season, although Thetrader15 did challenge him. I mean, Tarks’ goal tally was actually lower than my much laughed-at tally from Season 28 or whenever it was.

Congratulations Tarks!

Congratulations Tarks :goat:

Our defence wasn’t quite as solid as it has been in the past few seasons, and I can’t quite put my finger on why.

Was it the consistent naming of very solid, experienced posters such as Oddhawk , Quivorir and boncer34 ? No, that wouldn’t be it.

Was it the move of our dashing midfielder Yakker and a new recruit Toump Ass as rebound defenders? No, they seemed to play well.

Could it instead have been the move of myself to the super-important full back position (which probably meant that our opposing full forwards kicked lots of shitty goals)? Yeah, that sounds about right. Sorry for that.

But when I looked at the ~ s t a t s ~ and the All-SFA team I did seem to be the only one of our defenders that managed to dominate their position, so in that vein (perhaps 'vain' is more fitting) I’m giving myself the stuffing award. I deserve it.

Congratulations Manang.

Yeah, thanks mate.

No worries.

Yep.

Congratulations mang, seen plenty of footy in the backline this season

Round 5
Round05.gif

We finished off our first block of four games with an equal win-loss ratio, so we headed back to the Snow Dome to take on the Hawks keen to move into the top 8 and establish ourselves there.

We were fortunate enough to spend a lovely week with the likes of Agent93 , PMBangers , Loonerty (still shattered he’s stepping away) Chipmunk and eth-dog. They’ve built themselves a solid little list and are a good side to post against.

Between chats about Level 8 Aerodactyls, Toump Ass was getting acquainted with his opponents…

ROUND 5.png

So what could we expect from the fickle old SIM this week? It was the ‘slow and awfully inaccurate start followed by a third quarter blitz’ form of the SIM, so that cheered us up no end. Trailing by 16 points at half-time, we smacked in 7 third quarter goals which set us up for our 12 point victory. Callums_Guns and Deaneus! were in sharp form, while Proper Gander and Toump Ass each enjoyed a solid game.

Round 5 Votes

3 - Callums_Guns [28 touches, 4 marks, 2 goals]
2 - Deaneus! [21 touches, 6 marks, 2 goals]
1 - Proper Gander [20 touches, 6 marks]

Poster Of The Week:

POTW Callums_Guns.png

View attachment 1029645

We finished off our first block of four games with an equal win-loss ratio, so we headed back to the Snow Dome to take on the Hawks keen to move into the top 8 and establish ourselves there.

We were fortunate enough to spend a lovely week with the likes of Agent93 , PMBangers , Loonerty (still shattered he’s stepping away) Chipmunk and eth-dog. They’ve built themselves a solid little list and are a good side to post against.

Between chats about Level 8 Aerodactyls, Toump Ass was getting acquainted with his opponents…

View attachment 1029646

So what could we expect from the fickle old SIM this week? It was the ‘slow and awfully inaccurate start followed by a third quarter blitz’ form of the SIM, so that cheered us up no end. Trailing by 16 points at half-time, we smacked in 7 third quarter goals which set us up for our 12 point victory. Callums_Guns and Deaneus! were in sharp form, while Proper Gander and Toump Ass each enjoyed a solid game.

Round 5 Votes

3 - Callums_Guns [28 touches, 4 marks, 2 goals]
2 - Deaneus! [21 touches, 6 marks, 2 goals]
1 - Proper Gander [20 touches, 6 marks]

Poster Of The Week:

View attachment 1029647
I don’t think you can get Level 8 Aerodactyl’s mang.

Hey guys!

1ZKodMP1idP2QOA_RjEdxhiemCI=.gif

Round 6
Round06.gif

Our start to the year was feeling pretty solid, so we met the Dragons in Round 6 with some confidence and hope that the SIM would continue to provide for us insatiable mountain-dwellers.

Dero got up and about early and set up a fun week for Tarks…

ROUND 6.png

I like how the Dragons have evolved over the course of the last two seasons, and it was nice to see contributions from A Swallow , T2B_ and Matt_352 , along with their leaders and stalwarts. For us, Tarks seemed to respond to every tag he was given, while Callums_Guns was up and about again.

The match was a bit of a shemozzle if I’m being honest. We’d kicked 4.13 to three quarter time, which is very similar to a scoreline from a Richmond Sunday afternoon game at Waverly from 1993. Anyway, needless to say the Dragons got on top early and held us off for the remainder of the game, eventually running over us by around 5 goals.

It was a fairly low stats game for most of us too, although Dero played reasonably well and cooney got his hands on the ball at Centre Half Forward.

Round 6 Votes

3 - Dero [18 touches, 1 goal]
2 - cooney [16 touches, 6 marks]
1 - DemonJim [15 touches, 1 tackle, 1 goal]

Poster Of The Week:

POTW Tarks.png

Congratulations Manang.

Yeah, thanks mate.

No worries.

Yep.

One of my favourite ever posts on the anonymous online text-based football discussion forum bigfooty.com.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our start to the year was feeling pretty solid, so we met the Dragons in Round 6 with some confidence and hope that the SIM would continue to provide for us insatiable mountain-dwellers.

Dero got up and about early and set up a fun week for Tarks…

I like how the Dragons have evolved over the course of the last two seasons, and it was nice to see contributions from A Swallow , T2B_ and Matt_352 , along with their leaders and stalwarts. For us, Tarks seemed to respond to every tag he was given, while Callums_Guns was up and about again.

The match was a bit of a shemozzle if I’m being honest. We’d kicked 4.13 to three quarter time, which is very similar to a scoreline from a Richmond Sunday afternoon game at Waverly from 1993. Anyway, needless to say the Dragons got on top early and held us off for the remainder of the game, eventually running over us by around 5 goals.

It was a fairly low stats game for most of us too, although Dero played reasonably well and cooney got his hands on the ball at Centre Half Forward.

Round 6 Votes

3 - Dero [18 touches, 1 goal]
2 - cooney [16 touches, 6 marks]
1 - DemonJim [15 touches, 1 tackle, 1 goal]

Poster Of The Week:

View attachment 1029648
coondog if you kicked A goal you would've had 3 votes, nice work though mate

Round 7
Round07.gif

We took the team bus up to Van Cortlandt Park to take on the Warriors. Until now, I’ve never truly reconciled the number of ‘ts’ in the word ‘Cortlandt’ and now I’m left wondering why someone did this.

The OP gave us a chess theme, and Callums_Guns set the scene of not only how I play chess, but of how our season was starting to turn out…

ROUND 7.png

Anyway, the Warriors are probably shared some similarities with us in Season 30, in that match threads were a little less active than previously. However, they’re always fun to hang out with and have some real quality. Tonga Bob , TheInjuryFactory and Doctor Colossus chipped in through the week to keep things ticking over.

Unlike the previous round, we had our kicking boots adjusted correctly for this one, kicking 11.3 to Half Time. However, the Warriors fought back and kept us honest through the third and final quarters, and in the end we were relieved to hold onto a 19-point lead at the final siren.

Lots of our gun players stood up - Proper Gander was awesome in the ruck, while Callums_Guns , DemonJim and Tarkyn_24 all won their positions on the day.

Round 7 Votes

3 - Proper Gander [20 hitouts, 17 touches, 5 tackles]
2 - Callums_Guns [28 touches, 2 goals]
1 - DemonJim [22 touches, 11 tackles]

Poster Of The Week:

POTW Callums_Guns.png

Congratulations Tarks!

There was no need to recapitulate his season and upset him. :(

Congratulations Tarkyn_24 and all other winners that have been and are to come!

View attachment 1029654

We took the team bus up to Van Cortlandt Park to take on the Warriors. Until now, I’ve never truly reconciled the number of ‘ts’ in the word ‘Cortlandt’ and now I’m left wondering why someone did this.

The OP gave us a chess theme, and Callums_Guns set the scene of not only how I play chess, but of how our season was starting to turn out…

View attachment 1029653

Anyway, the Warriors are probably shared some similarities with us in Season 30, in that match threads were a little less active than previously. However, they’re always fun to hang out with and have some real quality. Tonga Bob , TheInjuryFactory and Doctor Colossus chipped in through the week to keep things ticking over.

Unlike the previous round, we had our kicking boots adjusted correctly for this one, kicking 11.3 to Half Time. However, the Warriors fought back and kept us honest through the third and final quarters, and in the end we were relieved to hold onto a 19-point lead at the final siren.

Lots of our gun players stood up - Proper Gander was awesome in the ruck, while Callums_Guns , DemonJim and Tarkyn_24 all won their positions on the day.

Round 7 Votes

3 - Proper Gander [20 hitouts, 17 touches, 5 tackles]
2 - Callums_Guns [28 touches, 2 goals]
1 - DemonJim [22 touches, 11 tackles]

Poster Of The Week:

View attachment 1029652
I’m on fire!

I’m also already pissed off Im not all SFA

Round 8
Round08.gif

We met the halfway point of the season in reasonably good shape, sitting squarely inside the top 8 and feeling pretty good about ourselves. We welcomed the Bombers, whose match threads had also really evolved in a positive way, to the Snow Dome.

Fresh Bomber faces, including Kilroy , Cadsky and kickthething brought a new look and format to the opposition posting through the week, and I was a fan of the quiz and music themed nights through the week. Resultantly it was our most active match thread of the season, as moginie summed up…

ROUND 8.png

Now, as for the match, let’s start with the good news. We had EXACTLY the same number of scoring shots as our opposition. That’s gotta be a good sign, right? OK, now I’ve set it up, time for some less good news – with our 19 scoring shots we managed 6.13, while the Bombers kicked 11.8. That means we lost.

Anyway, Dero continued his imperious form and boncer34 had a cracking game as well. As we entered the mid-season break, it was time to bring Richard_Cranium in to deliver some of his renowned goal-kicking tuition.

Round 8 Votes

3 - Dero [24 touches, 6 tackles]
2 - Proper Gander [10 hitouts, 20 touches, 7 tackles]
1 - boncer34 [25 touches, 12 marks]

Poster Of The Week:

POTW Moginie.png

Leaderboard - Round 8
Let’s take quick look at the leaderboard after eight rounds of voting (or exactly halfway through the season).

And we have a LITERAL JAM of logs.

R8 Leaderboard.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back