Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 30 Team Thread | B&F 17/12 19:30 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches Award - Best Clubman
3. Coach Award Header.png

This was a tricky season for a whole number of reasons, related to both real life and the Sweet F.A.

Of course, COVID placed a significant amount of pressure on our real lives, and made us consider our priorities and try to find a pattern of life that fitted us best. And the washup of Season 29 I know made some of us a little jaded with the Sweet F.A. and how it’s run.

Regardless of this, I think we should be proud of ourselves in the way we turned up in match threads, looked out for one another and flew the flag for the club.

This next award seeks to recognise the best clubman for the season, and is awarded by our lovely, but very old and weird coach (paging Richard_Cranium).

He managed to actually attend last year’s count, but I heard he’s actually contracted COVID through the year and has come out the other side with the unusual superhero skill of chatting up old ladies in the RSL Buffet queue. That’s probably where he’ll be tonight, but I asked him to prepare some words for us and he’s set himself up to post them shortly.

So let’s flinch in anticipation of what the old guy has to say…

Hello.

If you’re reading this, I’m probably down the local RSL honing my newfound skills.

You see, while COVID-19 gets a bad rap, I’ve managed to shake it off and have found myself the beneficiary of some previously unknown benefits. I’m now a walking, talking love machine, and the only thing holding me back at this point is my hip.

It’s fair to say that these twilight years of my life have been kind to me, excluding the constant progression of my hair loss and the fits of aggravation I feel at the slightest of incidents. Like that time someone didn’t move out of the line quickly enough at the TAB and I went into a full body cramp.

But anyway, that idiot captain of yours asked me to tell you who has won an award.

The bloke I’ve chosen is very generous of spirit and I hear he doesn’t mind coming second. He apparently helps the club with stats or some s**t, but I just like the how his name sounds when I say it out loud.

Demon Jim. Deee-mon JIIM. Jum. DemonJim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger off
Excellent stuff there Rich, thanks for that sterling contribution and good luck with the syphilis.

And my sincere congratulations and thanks to DemonJim for all the work he does and his commitment to the club.

3. COACHAWARD.png

Eth Award
4. Eth Award Header.png
The Eth Award is named after one of the greatest captains, player and teammate of this great club. Introduced a number of seasons ago, the Eth Award is voted on by players and is an accolade to be incredibly proud of.

I’ve loved seeing the great man himself pop up in the occasional match thread this season, and would love to have him back more often.

Past winners of this award include Tarks, Van_Dyke, Callums_Guns, myself, Oddhawk and Yakker.

Once again, voting for this year’s award was done individually by PM. This season we had a really strong spread of votes across a number of posters, which again highlights just how many great contributors we have in our squad. Some of you even voted for me, which will be noted the next time I have to make a decision that directly affects your enjoyment of this board.

It was super-close in the end, but the winner of this esteemed award is none other than Headless .

I can’t believe he hasn’t won this award before if I’m honest (which I think I can be). He’s a loveable character and someone we all enjoy having around the place.

What’s probably seen less is the extent to which he supports me in my role as Captain – he’s always one of the first to offer help where he senses I may benefit from it, and is a dear friend of mine.

He also just so happens to be our all-time games record-holder and just a bloody good bloke.

Congratulations on this well-deserved recognition from your teammates, ‘Less.

4. ETHAWARD.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back