Mr. Bean

Remove this Banner Ad

Overrated. It's a shame that this third-rate Monsieur Hulot knockoff is considered the highlight of Rowan Atkinson's career. He actually did a lot of good stuff.

Annoying show if anything. I felt uncomfortable and frustrated almost to the point of slashing my wrists whenever I saw it.
Frank Spencer (Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em) was a much more enjoyable character in a similar mould...

Fave episode is the one at the aquatic centre.

That look in his eyes when he sees the 3-wheeler Reliant as he's trying to get out of the carpark kills me.

giphy.gif

TV series was great
Only saw the 1st movie and it sucked.Stupid Yanks had him talk all the time,which he barely does in the TV show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious the first time I watched it, but I struggle to laugh on repeated viewings. Perhaps its just an effect of getting older.
If I have to pick a favourite episode, it's the Xmas one.

I initially thought the same. I loved it when i was younger then hadnt watched it for years and caught 5 mins of it and was a bit like hmmm...this isnt that interesting. But 2 episodes in and i was hooked again - brilliant show

What's black adder got to do with it though? When watching a Leo film, do you compare it to every other Leo film?
If I was watching The Man In The Iron Mask I might point out that there are other movies that are better representations of his acting abilities.

People whose only exposure to Atkinson is Mr Bean would probably regard him as a rather unoriginal and unsophisticated comedian.

If I was watching The Man In The Iron Mask I might point out that there are other movies that are better representations of his acting abilities.

People whose only exposure to Atkinson is Mr Bean would probably regard him as a rather unoriginal and unsophisticated comedian.
But we aren't talking about his acting abilities. We are talking about the show.

The show is a vehicle for Atkinson's comic sensibilities. When talking about the show, it's worth pointing out that he's a better comedian than Mr Bean demonstrates.

Don't know what's so complicated about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back