MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Neale didnt hit high which is why it was a fine, but I agree and I think Hewitt was a joke. Yes, the punch was deflected high so you could pretend it was careless, but he intentionally threw a punch and it did go high so he should be responsible for it.

Just like bumps. You may not aim high, but if you hit and it goes hhigh you get pinged for it.

Look at the treatment of Sicily over the last 5 or 6 years. Routinely gets harsher penalties than other players. While others routinely get away with it.

In one of Fyfe's Browlow years (2015 I think) he was pinged over and over for offences which should have got a week but instead got fines, and back then when you got a number of fines it would be upgraded to a week, so the AFL just stopped penalising Fyfe. Including a gut punch which led to the player needing to leave the field being ignored by the MRP.
you just sound salty

Tex Walker was attempting to run through Sam Mitchell. He simply lifted his leg to proctect himself.

Just like the time that a former Crows ruckman thought he saw an opportunity to flatten a Port midfielder. That didn't work out too well either.
In isolation you might have an angle.
In the same season:

He also did it to Jeremy Cameron in the same season I’m sure.

There's no way you kick someone and don't get a week for it. The threshold for impact is lower significantly for things like punching and kicking someone.

Doesn't matter how soft it is, it was always getting a week.
It literally does matter how soft it is because impact is part of the grading.

God, a bit of discretion here - a real kick can destroy someone, what Sicily did was literally not even felt by the person he did it to.

You want people to be suspended for things the receiver literally doesn't feel?

Robo is so clueless.

He is arguing that the AFL should ignore the rules and simply go for optics. Complaining that the tribunal adjudged the action based on the AFL guidelines, that the guidelines should be thrown out because of the optics. Clown.

The irony in that its only the Hawks fans who think it was right that he got off is not lost on me.

Kicking, regardless of how hard or light it was, has no part in our game whatsoever !!

You cannot defend that sort of behaviour, it's disgraceful & plainly wrong.

Spare me.

Chinning someone who ain't even looking at you has a lot more cause for damage but that didn't seem to stop Hewett getting zilch.

The irony in that its only the Hawks fans who think it was right that he got off is not lost on me.

Kicking, regardless of how hard or light it was, has no part in our game whatsoever !!

There were Essendon fans earlier in the thread who were opposed to the suspension too.

Legit under the current rues, how hard or light does matter.

Change the rules and i am okay with him getting a week, most Hawk fans think what Sicily did was stupid especially from a leader. But you can't just not use the current system because you don't like the outcome.

Okay. Justify “medium impact” in this context, use crayon in needed

Thats up for the AFL to decide. Their rules clearly state that low impact kick to the body = fine.

If they want all kicks to any part of another player to be a suspension then they need to change the rules.

You can't argue that he should get a week even though the rules state it should be a fine.

I have no problem changing the rules to make all kicks a minimum of 1 week suspension. But those are not the current rules and you cannot suspend a player because of what the rules should be, only what the rules are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In terms of Sicily, it is likely the correct outcome when applying the guidelines.

But i would prefer generally that the rules are changed (like they were at the start of this year for striking) so that any intentional kick is a minimum week, regardless of impact severity or location.
Just such a grubby look.

In terms of Sicily, it is likely the correct outcome when applying the guidelines.

But i would prefer generally that the rules are changed (like they were at the start of this year for striking) so that any intentional kick is a minimum week, regardless of impact severity or location.
Just such a grubby look.
Im surprised kick and low = a fine and not a week.
what action exactly did the afl think they'd be ok with being a fine and why wasnt this it.....
Amateurs.

Kick and medium should be 3 in my opinion.

Im surprised kick and low = a fine and not a week.
what action exactly did the afl think they'd be ok with being a fine and why wasnt this it.....
Amateurs.

Kick and medium should be 3 in my opinion.
What should Lloyd plaster cast arm and Thurgoods head deserve?

I mean please, nobody at the ground even knew it had happened, including McGrath yet “what about the children!!!!”

What should Lloyd plaster cast arm and Thurgoods head deserve?

I mean please, nobody at the ground even knew it had happened, including McGrath yet “what about the children!!!!”
Ok you added more.

Im referencing the afl not liking the look of a kick and want a week, but ticked off a guideline that allows a low impact kick to be a fine.
If they dont like kicks, why not start the table at a week instead of manufacturing a medium impact charge.

What lloyd/thurgood have to do with any of this is beyond me

When is the AFL going to stop pandering to the bogans and just get rid of unnecessary violence.

I don't care whether it was a tap, get rid of it.

Kicking has no place in the game and to allow that to happen even in mild form is just siding with cowards.

James Sicily in that moment was an absolute coward and its time people started calling people for what they are in those moments.

Disgusting and archaic.

Ok you added more.

Im referencing the afl not liking the look of a kick and want a week, but ticked off a guideline that allows a low impact kick to be a fine.
If they dont like kicks, why not start the table at a week instead of manufacturing a medium impact charge.

What lloyd/thurgood have to do with any of this is beyond me
They don’t like the look of the kick, and he is fined appropriately for the severity of the kick. Even a fines pretty harsh considering the victim didn’t even notice it.

Probably a little bit of a square up from the tribunal for the holding the ball free kick that cost him 3 games last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back