Discussion NAFL - Tier 2 Bidding

Remove this Banner Ad

InCase

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
headertier2.png

With the unexpected amount of bids for the initial season of NAFL, there has been a second tier of competition opened up for another 11 owners.

Restrictions:
Nicknames:
Flying Foxes, Bushrangers, Black Hawks, City, Breakers, Torque, Griffens, Cyclones, Tigers, Rocks, Whales.

Locations:
Melbourne, Murray River, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Geraldton, Rottnest, Canberra, Yulura, Wellington.

This is a club competition; state and town names only, countries will not be accepted (i.e. Wellington, acceptable; New Zealand, unacceptable) - this is a new rule from tier 2 onwards.

Canberra and ACT will not be accepted as NSW bids in tier 2.

As with the first tier, a primary and secondary location and nickname must be submitted.

State Eligibility:
Victoria - 2
South Australia - 2
Western Australia - 2
New South Wales - 2
Queensland - 1
England - 1
South Africa - 1

So, just to make it clear, if we were to do a England or South Africa bid we would have to use a town/city such as London or Cape Town as the bid name?

Just double checking here

England
Nickname: White Lions

Victoria
Nickname: Olympians

Sorry should have clarified, same as with the first tier, just a primary and secondary location and nickname. I will assume you want SA and Queensland unless you change your post to just two. Cheers.

So, just to make it clear, if we were to do a England or South Africa bid we would have to use a town/city such as London or Cape Town as the bid name?

Just double checking here

Yep, but at the same time Hampshire would be acceptable (being a county). Only unacceptable options are South Africa or England.

Primary Option: Mount Gambier Generals (SA)
Secondary Option: Portland Smelters (VIC)
Tertiary Option: Toowoomba Thunder (QLD)

Yep, but at the same time Hampshire would be acceptable (being a county). Only unacceptable options are South Africa or England.

Yeh presumed that would be right, but just wanted to double check, because I get confused easy of course ;)

Okay then. My two bids are as follows:

England
Nickname: Monarchs

New South Wales
Nickname: Eagles

name: western wallabies
(if not acceptable as a name, call them western australia wallabies)

It's fine, nicknames for regions are okay. It's country associations I want to stay away from. I feel that using a country as a branding starting point is a bit of an unfair advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English team? South African Team?
:thumbsdown:

Yep, adds a bit of spark - a bit of differentiation then say 4 Victorian teams, 4 Western Australia teams, etc.

They have different cultures, different animals, different styles. All of which make for a more interesting concept than another local team.

Can I make a minor change. I want my team from London to be the London Red Lions instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back