Natanui? Really?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing surprising about Nic Naitanui's inclusion.

Check these stats.

13 disposals a game
10 contested a game
24 hitouts a game
2.9 clearances a game
1.1 goals a game
3.4 tackles a game

That's probably the best all-round performed ruckman in the competition. If you want taps and not much else, then go with Jacobs, but you only get 6 more hitouts a game and less of everything else.

Except Jacobs average 14 touches a game. Ie more touches, nearly 200 more hit outs, 70 more to advantage. Nick Nat is an awesome athlete but there is no way he deserves to be in at First Ruck

jesus ******* christ, I knew the moment I clicked on here I would see some post bagging out nic nat's choice. He's an amazing player, and within the next few years he will truly come into his own. He has the best leap in the game. there is over 800 players in the game and only 22 spots, don't take this s**t so seriously.

Using biggest leap as justification for his inclusion is the most impeccable flawless logic I have ever heard.

Love Nic Nat, his stuff around the ground for a big man is second to none but with that midfield I want them getting their hands on the ball first time and Jacobs is clearly the man.

jesus ******* christ, I knew the moment I clicked on here I would see some post bagging out nic nat's choice. He's an amazing player, and within the next few years he will truly come into his own. He has the best leap in the game. there is over 800 players in the game and only 22 spots, don't take this s**t so seriously.
He's an amazing athlete. That doesn't mean he deserved a spot. Good luck to him but it really does undermine any credibility this process had.

All Australian captain who plays on the 3rd best forward , what a joke , sometimes when I'm feeling down I like to watch the replay of the 2 minutes buddy played on glass in the final round .. There's something about glassy just choking on buddy's dust while he strolls into open goal that soothes me.. I'd love to see the devastation that buddy would cause if he played a full game on darren ... Buddy would be licking his lips .... Come to think of it I'd kinda feel bad watching glass getting out through that punishment

Check these stats.

13 disposals a game
10 contested a game
24 hitouts a game
2.9 clearances a game
1.1 goals a game
3.4 tackles a game

That's probably the best all-round performed ruckman in the competition. If you want taps and not much else, then go with Jacobs, but you only get 6 more hitouts a game and less of everything else.

Exactly...Hype is a double edge sword. NicNats performances are under valued because he is over hyped. The reverse for Jacobs.
Great year...people calling it a joke are deluded

Using biggest leap as justification for his inclusion is the most impeccable flawless logic I have ever heard.

Love Nic Nat, his stuff around the ground for a big man is second to none but with that midfield I want them getting their hands on the ball first time and Jacobs is clearly the man.

Yet your logic is much better? he's second to none as a big man around the field, so he's the number 1 big man in the game according to your statement, yet doesn't warrant a AA selection?

Check these stats.

13 disposals a game
10 contested a game
24 hitouts a game
2.9 clearances a game
1.1 goals a game
3.4 tackles a game

Exactly! As a ruck combo, there is none better than Cox and Nik Nat - hence their choice as AA ruckmen - in tandem there is no better. Some people on here - no idea!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched every eagle game and i did not see a more influential ruckmen this season. he played a half dozen games no other ruckmen could match. he was consistent and this holds up by the champion data where he is number 1. he rarely lost against an opponent all year and the only 2 options were cox and nic nat. not surprised and glad the panel did not fall into the sterotyping of some here and some of the vic media. if he had been playing for a top 4 victorian team, there would be no questioning of it. all year i heard the media questioning how do we stop nic nat. he was not clearly beaten once in terms of actual ruckwork. take this week for eg, cox/nic nat doubled jolly in terms of hit outs, possessions and goals and yet jolly was applauded. like rioli he is a victim of extraordinay expectations. perhaps you should look at what he actually does

Except Jacobs average 14 touches a game. Ie more touches, nearly 200 more hit outs, 70 more to advantage. Nick Nat is an awesome athlete but there is no way he deserves to be in at First Ruck

I like how you ignore all the other stats. Naitanui's selection is definitely debatable, but not as outrageous as people are putting on.

What i find most amusing is that despite the constant criticism that Naitanui doesn't get enough disposals he averaged only 1 disposal less than Jacobs who rucks basically the whole game and is rarely criticised for his disposal count.

The but hurt is incredible. Nic Nat is a machine and is not an undeserving pick, Jacobs was not clearly better than him by any stretch and when you add in Nic Nats all round game it's not even close

Why do you think Watson was a shoe-in for captain? He led his team to a solid 3-8 in the second half of the season.

Hardly Watson's fault that half his team is a bunch of plodders and the other half can't walk the dog without doing a hamstring, though.

I guess team form has to come into it, but he's a gun captain and circumstances beyond his control shouldn't be a question mark over his ability to lead a team.

I guess Glass is an alright choice, I just would've preferred Watson. :)

It is a joke.

His best games were amongst the most damaging as a ruckman but Cox and Jacobs should have got the gong ahead of him.

Dean "All Australian Forward Pocket" Cox just doesn't sound right.. It was a bit of a copout to stick Coxy in the forward pocket by the selectors. Pavlich would have been filthy over that decision..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back