August 86: Gilbert
June 88: Armitage, Geary
December 88: Brown
October 89: Holmes
March 90: Steven
September 90: Shenton
January 91: Lee, Savage

(Assuming Fisher goes.)

Good for bolstering that middle group: Armo, Geary, Steven, Brown, Savage, Roberton, Weller, Carlisle, Newnes, Hickey, maybe Bruce.

Main concern is that in 10 seasons he's only played 20 games three times. But if we can keep him roughly fit then that he'll be pretty handy.

Main concern is that in 10 seasons he's only played 20 games three times. But if we can keep him roughly fit then that he'll be pretty handy.
I don't expect him to play 20 games with us next year. If there is no gorilla fwd in the team we're playing we will likely bring in either pace, agility or another mid.
FWIW I'm thinking Brown plays 10 - 14 games through the season.

I don't expect him to play 20 games with us next year. If there is no gorilla fwd in the team we're playing we will likely bring in either pace, agility or another mid.

You might be right, but I can't imagine we'll chop and change that much. Defenders talk about the benefit of having a steady back six who know each other really well - frequent changes would undermine that.

You might be right, but I can't imagine we'll chop and change that much. Defenders talk about the benefit of having a steady back six who know each other really well - frequent changes would undermine that.
Yeah. He might play more because of that but I still remember a bloke by the name of Darren Jarman taught us different.

I reckon you're right.

When Carlisle goes into the ruck brown will take the best fwd and Dempster 2nd best.

When we play teams like richmond, wb, pies ect who basically only have 1 key fwd im sure Dempster and Carlisle can handle them.

Can't see it already posted, does anyone have an idea of the $$$ he'd be on? I can't imagine it's heaps but it just seems bizarre to me that Collingwood didn't match his offer, give they need key backs and got nothing for it other than (presumably minimal) cap relief. Especially if they're going to be bringing over 1 of MacKenzie or his brother Mitch as the rumours have it? Seriously confused as to Collingwood's motives here.

Anyway great pick up for us, hopefully the days of big KPFs dominating us are over. Going from no genuine AFL standard KPDs to 2 could potentially make a huge difference for us next year.

Can't see it already posted, does anyone have an idea of the $$$ he'd be on? I can't imagine it's heaps but it just seems bizarre to me that Collingwood didn't match his offer, give they need key backs and got nothing for it other than (presumably minimal) cap relief. Especially if they're going to be bringing over 1 of MacKenzie or his brother Mitch as the rumours have it? Seriously confused as to Collingwood's motives here.

Anyway great pick up for us, hopefully the days of big KPFs dominating us are over. Going from no genuine AFL standard KPDs to 2 could potentially make a huge difference for us next year.

There was a post made on the pies board before the announcement was made saying that the 'relationship between brown and Collingwood was irreparable'. Buckley also thanked brown for his time along with frost at their b&f. I'm guessing there was something more to it and they've known for a while.

With the signing of Brown that gives us 7 top 10 draft picks on our books, then with the impending signing of Stevens it will give us 18 of top 25 draft picks over the years. Now if we can get them all to play to their expected ability, we will give next seasons premiership a big shake. ;)

hqdefault.jpg

“So come on Eddie, send ‘im on down, Bend over Bucks and gimme your Brown”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

400 large a year. Not much more than the average AFL salary.

.... I for one really hope that we recruit one of the Brown twins to fill in as the gorilla minder until Goddard is ready so we don't have to see Dempster or Fisher punching above their weight any more.
It's actually a fantastic signing. This is a full back for atleast 2 years for no cost. A pure lockdown gorilla.
And i really do still think a lock down gorilla is necessary in this era. Blokes like Hogan, Kennedy and Jenkins were able to kick bags on us last year, and with one gorilla in Brown and then Carlisle .... then we're looking bloody good for next year
.... Brown is there to take a gorilla and get a fist into a contest
The end
Very happy with this pick-up and somewhat surprised Collingwood let him go. Get him working with Spud ASAP to sharpen him up and we can finally shut down those ****ing gorilla forwards
195cm 101kg 10 years in the AFL and a premiership player. For nothing. Thanks again Pies.
Gorilla handler TICK
.... I would also whack a gorilla on the Saints for the flag next year....Carlisle, Brown, Steele, Stevens & Rocky onto our list....yiiiiiis!
image.jpeg

Give this guy a contract.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back