Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering how many Pies supporters like to come on here and tell us just how they really hope Freeman can get his body right but don't expect him to :rolleyes:, I was expecting more of them to come over and congratulate him.

Ah well.

Good on the ones who do :D

Considering how many Pies supporters like to come on here and tell us just how they really hope Freeman can get his body right but don't expect him to :rolleyes:, I was expecting more of them to come over and congratulate him.

Ah well.
I did.

But you can hardly blame us, we were waiting a long time for it.
We are all stoked.
But there was an extra colour on his jumper....

For those who saw him today did he look like he was running at full speed and has he lost any of his pace?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy heck 46 touches in three quarters. No matter the level that's impressively

I really shouldn't have read the Freeman thread on the Pies board. One Pie said "I hope he breaks down again." That's a special kind of evil for someone to hope that on a young kid. Then there's the hypocrisy that they poached Aish & Treloar amongst others...FMD. Saying that, there are some nice comments from some Pies supporters there.

Unfortunately there are fools in all supporter groups.
Most football loving Pie supporters I have seen wish him well
Definitely. It was still a shock to read it. You dont read that kindve evil too often.

At the end of the day it's only a game and people shouldn't have hatred towards other teams and players, it's 2016 and times are changing. Any normal person who just loves sports in general should wish any athlete good luck to succeed at being an athlete no matter what team they play for. Afl players are friends in different team's these days growing up playing junior club, Ais squad and tac cup footy together for years before being drafted by different team's. But it's always great seeing a athlete working hard like Nathan is to be a professional footballer to live the dream, so good luck to him and we all wish him the best.

Last edited:
I think most of the Collingwood supporter angst comes from Freeman's reasons for leaving and that he seemingly wasn't prepared to back himself or the club in to get on the park. He also never got going at Collingwood, so we got nothing from pick 10.

When you look at it from a business perspective Freeman had a guaranteed $ contract at St Kilda vs a performance based one at Collingwood, which could have been slightly higher or significantly lower depending on how he held up. I don't blame a young kid taking the guaranteed dollars and setting up his life. It's probably more players in general not just Freeman, but why not come out and say that. It would be better than potting the club on the way out, even though a lot of 'pies supporters have doubts about our medical department.

There's also the trade, we knew he'd lost none of his talent and it was only a risk/reward balance. A second round pick and slight upgrade from 68 to 63 was always favouring St Kilda especially in light of the contract on offer and we were dirty on that.

I never like seeing players not succeed because of injury, so I hope he gets a decent run at it.

I think most of the Collingwood supporter angst comes from Freeman's reasons for leaving and that he seemingly wasn't prepared to back himself or the club in to get on the park. He also never got going at Collingwood, so we got nothing from pick 10.

When you look at it from a business perspective Freeman had a guaranteed $ contract at St Kilda vs a performance based one at Collingwood, which could have been slightly higher or significantly lower depending on how he held up. I don't blame a young kid taking the guaranteed dollars and setting up his life. It's probably more players in general not just Freeman, but why not come out and say that. It would be better than potting the club on the way out, even though a lot of 'pies supporters have doubts about our medical department.

There's also the trade, we knew he'd lost none of his talent and it was only a risk/reward balance. A second round pick and slight upgrade from 68 to 63 was always favouring St Kilda especially in light of the contract on offer and we were dirty on that.

I never like seeing players not succeed because of injury, so I hope he gets a decent run at it.

I don't think the pick was unders. He hasn't played for over 2 years now. He still hasn't played a senior game or a seconds game for the Saints. And no player is going to come out and say they left for money. Its just the way it is. And did he really bag the pies? I cant remember that.

I don't think the pick was unders. He hasn't played for over 2 years now. He still hasn't played a senior game or a seconds game for the Saints. And no player is going to come out and say they left for money. Its just the way it is. And did he really bag the pies? I cant remember that.

No he didnt. Balne offered a shit contract. Saints offered more, Balme gets dirty and talks about Loyalty, while at the same time getting Aish and Treloar to be "disloyal".

All conviently forgotten by some it seems.

Considering you got a a former pick 7 with no injury concerns for the pick traded for Freeman as well another second rounder, Collingwood have nothing to be that upset about.

No he didnt. Balne offered a shit contract. Saints offered more, Balme gets dirty and talks about Loyalty, while at the same time getting Aish and Treloar to be "disloyal".

All conviently forgotten by some it seems.
Yeah, that was hypocritical of Balme for sure.
Future 2nd with the risk Freeman came with and still has was about right. Certainly not unders for someone who hadn't played for 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back