Player Watch Nathan Kreuger

Remove this Banner Ad

Krueger was placed on the inactive list allowing us to recruit Carmichael in the MSD. To put a player on the inactive list they can't play for the rest of the year.
Did we put him on the inactive list. We had 2 spots open, not that he's going to play seniors this year

Did we put him on the inactive list. We had 2 spots open, not that he's going to play seniors this year
Yes we put him on the inactive list. Krueger and Roughead were the two list spots.

You’d assume that the AFL would be happy to give permission for us to let Kreuger play, given that we only used 1 MSD pick and had 2 inactive players in him and Roughy.

Bringing Freddy back in doesn’t make our list any bigger than it should be, which is what I’m pretty sure the issue would be, if he was the only inactive player we had.

Notwithstanding whether he plays, or is even eligible to play, how impressive is it that finally, we have a strength and conditioning / medical department that is delivering what they say! For too long Collingwood's strength & conditioning has been like lotto - we never really knew what numbers were going to be coming up in terms of weeks out of the game for any particular player. It is refreshing that we have a professional team that is managing things so well. Long may it continue!

This AFL article says players "can be recalled to the main list later in the season with AFL permission as long as they are replaced on the inactive list by another player who is injured or unavailable at the time."

This AFL article says players "can be recalled to the main list later in the season with AFL permission as long as they are replaced on the inactive list by another player who is injured or unavailable at the time."

So we can add Grundy then I’d assume with permission

just a point on this....

There is no such thing as "inactive" list in AFL.
In AFLW there is.

But mens is governed by LTI.

Which according the CBA up 2022, a player can be pulled back from the LTI to primary list up until a certain point in the season.
But can always ask the AFL for an exception...

So don't think this is an issue.

That's the answer! Roughead would be the "other player who is... unavailable". It looks like we might see Kreuger back after all. That's awesome news!

That's the answer! Roughead would be the "other player who is... unavailable". It looks like we might see Kreuger back after all. That's awesome news!

Is it awesome? I can't see a 4 game player coming back for the finals, after an absence of 4 months.

Is it awesome? I can't see a 4 game player coming back for the finals, after an absence of 4 months.
With Johnson playing I can’t find a spot for him atm, he hasn’t played defence for us at all. That said, at worst it’s handy depth in case someone goes down

So we can add Grundy then I’d assume with permission
We don’t even need to do that. Roughead is already occupying a second inactive spot.

Well done, that’s pretty much all we need for an answer. The article is from this year, so there won’t be any rule changes since then either.

I don’t think he’ll be relevant for AFL games, but it’s a significant boost for the VFL team heading in to finals, and in the worst case scenario of one of Cox or Cameron going down it means we have a tall replacement option available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think it is. It's good to see him back and good to have another tall key position option potentially. The cupboards kinda bare.

It's awesome because it pushes Madgen one step further down the depth chart
Let’s be real here, Madge is already at the bottom of the depth chart. If he can’t break in to the seniors or even be listed as an emergency with a 5 goal, 24 disposal, head and shoulders above best on ground game, he’s never getting a game again. He’ll be delisted at the end of the year, nothing surer.

Let’s be real here, Madge is already at the bottom of the depth chart. If he can’t break in to the seniors or even be listed as an emergency with a 5 goal, 24 disposal, head and shoulders above best on ground game, he’s never getting a game again. He’ll be delisted at the end of the year, nothing surer.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I do agree - he had a brilliant two-game run in the VFL and did not sniff senior selection.

Thanks for the memories, Madge.

VFL team will be helped with Kreuger inclusion.

Not sure you upset AFL structure by replacinf say A.Johnson with Kreuger up froward, or drop Cox for Kreuger.
Why would you drop one of the clear success stories from the team and deplete what has been a good ruck combination when the bloke coming is not a ruckman?

As crazy as it might seem he could replace Ginnivan. He is probably quicker and loves to tackle but can also split a pack and take a good grab.

Why would you drop one of the clear success stories from the team and deplete what has been a good ruck combination when the bloke coming is not a ruckman?

As crazy as it might seem he could replace Ginnivan. He is probably quicker and loves to tackle but can also split a pack and take a good grab.
That was my point...

Even if deemed match fit, IMHO not enough time for him to force his way into a team that has been playing well.

Dropping Ginny for a KPF upsets team balance.

That was my point...

Even if deemed match fit, IMHO not enough time for him to force his way into a team that has been playing well.

Dropping Ginny for a KPF upsets team balance.
Kreuger plays more like a very quick third tall who can run and jump like a true athlete. He's no lumberer.

He's licking his lips in anticipation.

freddy krueger horror GIF by absurdnoise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back