NBA: Brooklyn Nets.

Remove this Banner Ad

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
OK... so I am about to jump right on board the Brooklyn bandwagon. I never had any interest in the New Jersey Nets, but last year they relocated to Brooklyn and changed over to their own "Back in Black" strip... and I love it. Not only that, but loving the "Brooklyn" chant (which is like the "Centrals" chant and other similar ones throughout the world)... but is just sounds badass in their home arena.

They're currently in the playoffs and their home venue and crowd is as intimidating as they come:

Some highlights from their recent game:

And their anthem song (inc chant):

OK... so I am about to jump right on board the Brooklyn bandwagon.
Interesting that you've posted this as I too have taken a bit of an interest in them since the move to Brooklyn and new logo, colours, etc.

I'm not a huge NBA fan. More into NFL and MLB. In particular, I've read a lot on the history of MLB and the loss of the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants to California in the late 1950s, so it's intriguing to see a big league team in Brooklyn again after more than half a century.

Another point of interest is that the Nets now play in a stadium quite close to the site where Brooklyn Dodgers owner Walter O'Malley wanted to build a ballpark but was unable to strike a deal with the city of New York to acquire the land, thus leading to the move to Los Angeles, which still inflames passions to this day.

I'm not a huge NBA fan. More into NFL and MLB. In particular, I've read a lot on the history of MLB and the loss of the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants to California in the late 1950s, so it's intriguing to see a big league team in Brooklyn again after more than half a century.
Following on to that, the New York Islanders NHL team is going to be relocated from Long Island to Brooklyn as of the 2015-16 season. Brooklyn is definitely having a bit of a resurgence.

I watch a program called Sportfolio on Bloomberg TV - it's usually on a Saturday and Sunday arvo after being shown in the USA on a Wednesday night. Its about the business side of sports.

In the 18 months its been on they have done a few stories on the rejuvenation of Brooklyn sports market which goes hand in hand with Brooklyn's rejuvenation. They have concentrated on the new Barclay Center which Brooklyn play in and the franchise owns 45% of it. But its more than a sports centre. In the video below Sportfolio talks to the CEO of both the Brooklyn Nets and the Barclay Center, Brett Yormark. There are some good ideas in the video that the new AO should consider. The one I like the most is bringing well known iconic Brooklyn food vendors into the centre and giving people decent food options from vendors they know. They have concentrated on the place being staffed by Brooklyn people and having a very Brooklyn feel to it.

Have a look at - oh PSL early on means Personal Seat License - they rejected it but at the new Meadowlands stadium that the Giants and Jets play in and is 1 or 2 years old, its a big way to finance the $1.6bill price tag.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/barclays-center-sportfolio-11-8-sAubC1kCSq~n3U6pN4t7fg.html

Have a look at - oh PSL early on means Personal Seat License - they rejected it but at the new Meadowlands stadium that the Giants and Jets play in and is 1 or 2 years old, its a big way to finance the $1.6bill price tag.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/barclays-center-sportfolio-11-8-sAubC1kCSq~n3U6pN4t7fg.html
My personal opinion is that the PSL is a price gouge that's only possible in markets where the demand completely outstrips supply.

Here in Toronto you're looking at paying $65k for 2 PSLs in the cheap seats for the Leafs. Season tickets are then between $5k and $45k per year. And that's with the team sucking more than something that sucks a lot the last 10 years.

changed over to their own "Back in Black" strip... and I love it.
cmon now

display_image.jpg

OKC Thunder for me ... #1 in west ...my namesake K-Mart plays for them !!

933998_636430136371791_1612447797_n.jpg

Port link ...Thunder knickname...:rolleyes:

On Facebook 'Kevin Martin (Thunder)' page https://www.facebook.com/KMartOKC?fref=ts (always posting lightning shots!)

... I'm trying to get their admins on board PAFC! :D

My personal opinion is that the PSL is a price gouge that's only possible in markets where the demand completely outstrips supply.

Here in Toronto you're looking at paying $65k for 2 PSLs in the cheap seats for the Leafs. Season tickets are then between $5k and $45k per year. And that's with the team sucking more than something that sucks a lot the last 10 years.

About 6 years ago I remember looking at the Toronto packages on there website and do remember $20k being the price for in line and behind home plate tickets. I initially thought, s**t that's expensive then realised with 81 games at about $225 a game it would make sense that businesses would buy a couple of tickets to use with clients and staff as incentives, rewards etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back