NBA's top 15.. vertical leaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by coxon

hmmm.. some info i found on him..

he was a second round, 49th overall, draft pick of the chicago bulls in 1994.... ended up playing in the cba...

he's now 31... so i think that 51" vertical may have decreased..

No. Apparently that's now. The globetrotters were going to sign him up because his leap was a little out of the ordinary.

Originally posted by jod23
Forgot about Spud Webb....that guy could jump!

Spud has got to have the biggest vertical leap ever. To be able to dunk at 5'7 is unreal. I've read that he was able to dunk at 4'11 - talk about leap.

Also special mentions should be given to Dominique Wilkins and Clyde Drexler. Both guys had awesome leap, if the ring was as high as the top of the square aiming box - they still would be able to dunk.

Originally posted by Iverson

Spud has got to have the biggest vertical leap ever. To be able to dunk at 5'7 is unreal. I've read that he was able to dunk at 4'11 - talk about leap.

Also special mentions should be given to Dominique Wilkins and Clyde Drexler. Both guys had awesome leap, if the ring was as high as the top of the square aiming box - they still would be able to dunk.

Spud was a freak...no doubt about it.

found on another message board..
what do yas think?

(in inches)

1. Steve Francis- 45
1. Paul McPherson- 45
3. DeShawn Stevenson- 44
4. Baron Davis- 43
5. Vince Carter- 42
5. Allen Iverson- 42
5. Kobe Bryant- 42
5. Antonio McDyess- 42
9. Tracy McGrady- 40
9. Corey Maggette- 40
9. Darius Miles- 40
9. Stromile Swift- 40
9. Keon Clark- 40
9. Eddie Robinson- 40
15. Jonathan Bender- 39
15. Rex Chapman- 39
15. Bob Sura- 39

rex chapman and bobby sura on there.. :p

apparently jason richardson would now top the list with a 46"

david thompson aka skywalker had something around 48. before he got on the coke and ruined his septum.
Darrel Griffith of Utah was about 48
Calvin Talford of Hobart got drafted somewhere, he was about 48.

Zion is positively pedestrian at 44. But his foul line transport is shiver worthy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back