NBN FTTP - Recommended BYO modem, and AP'S / Mesh

Remove this Banner Ad

Just rang up Aussie Broadband And now getting NBN FTTP installed next week.

I will have a switch and patch panel, and have ran cat 6 all over the joint for potential access points.

They asked if they will include modem/,router or I BYO.

Can anyone recommend a suitable modem /router that I will also run 3 access points, or mesh off for wifi.

Or do I just get their modem for $130 and then just install a retail mesh system.

Thanks

Aussie Broadband are actually ok. But their modems are really expensive. They need to bring down their price and actually add a modem to the actual plan that you're on otherwise it just doesn't work well

What speed plan on FTTP are you planning to go with ?

Aussie are offering the Netcomm NF20MESH router with 2 sats for $429, which isnt too bad

These Sats will work with WIFI or Ethernet as the backhaul

I found WIFI performance on the previous model NF18MESH to be pretty ordinary even when setup with a Mesh Sat, not sure if the NF20MESH is any better (has WIFI6 apparently)

They also sell the Google Nest WIFI in a bundle with 2 sats for $469 these also support ethernet backhaul

I'm with Aussie FTTP on the 1000/50 plan and replaced the Netcomm NF18MESH with an Asus RT-AX86U ($469 from Amazon AU) and its chalk and cheese compared to the Netcomm, no mesh sat required and WIFI coverage throughout my house is much better

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back