Remove this Banner Ad

Bark Maguley

All Australian
Jun 2, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Counter Logic Gaming
Hi i'm not sure if this is the right place to put this but....

I want to get my body right for next season and actually give it a decent crack.

(Currently 19 year old male, 80Kg's, about 5'8-5'9) (Run 3ks in about 14:00 peak fitness during season)

I'm genetically very broad/sizey especially around the chest but i'm carrying a tiny bit of weight i shouldn't.

I could start as early as October and would want to have achieved the feats below by early March (Practice Games/Uni Starting). Also i'd be training 3 Times a week.

1. Run 3ks in 11 and a half minutes
2. Lose roughly 5Kg's of fat convert into 2-3Kg's of muscle (not sure if that makes sense?) (Toneup?)
3. Add a bit onto my Kick, currently kicking 42-45 Metres max (what would be realistic and how?)
4. And lastly fix my ball drop on non preferred so it feels more natural - currently accurate but feels awkward

Looking for the best way to do all of the above (fitness, Strength (not size), kicking strength, non preferred)

Is this realistic? i'd love to get some advice and would be very thankful for it.

Thanks,

Here's a reply of mine to a similar question about a month ago:

http://aussierulestraining.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/havent-played-in-years-wanna-prepare.html

Kicking distance will come with more kicking practice more than anything but above that I'd rather you kick 40m accurately then 50m sideways

For your opposite foot can you kick on the run and hit a target? If so then I'd keep it where it is and make your dominant foot perfect. I'm all for kicking both feet and do so myself (even as a left footer) but if you can kick on it and get it the area you need to on your opposite then that's probably enough at local level. Again that being said kicking on your opposite at training when you're on that side is the way to go here as you'll practice doing it from different running angles which will assist in your ball drop

Here's a reply of mine to a similar question about a month ago:

http://aussierulestraining.blogspot.com.au/2016/05/havent-played-in-years-wanna-prepare.html

Kicking distance will come with more kicking practice more than anything but above that I'd rather you kick 40m accurately then 50m sideways

For your opposite foot can you kick on the run and hit a target? If so then I'd keep it where it is and make your dominant foot perfect. I'm all for kicking both feet and do so myself (even as a left footer) but if you can kick on it and get it the area you need to on your opposite then that's probably enough at local level. Again that being said kicking on your opposite at training when you're on that side is the way to go here as you'll practice doing it from different running angles which will assist in your ball drop

Appreciate the response, i've done a quick skim and its mainly about Weights. I Don't want to put on any weight i'm thinking i need to just do some
core exercises (Pushups, Squats, bridges etc etc) exercises + 3 times a week and running 2-3 times a week.

I've played all my life and can definitely kick max range with accuracy i just don't have the depth to get to 50 metres. Does this just come with practice? surely there would be exercises maybe stretches to help.

Appreciate the response, i've done a quick skim and its mainly about Weights. I Don't want to put on any weight i'm thinking i need to just do some
core exercises (Pushups, Squats, bridges etc etc) exercises + 3 times a week and running 2-3 times a week.

I've played all my life and can definitely kick max range with accuracy i just don't have the depth to get to 50 metres. Does this just come with practice? surely there would be exercises maybe stretches to help.

Doing weights doesn't put on the weight, too much food does. Doing weights with a controlled diet will increase your lean muscle and will burn more calories. Don't worry you won't get too big.

Also you don't convert fat to muscle, you burn fat and build muscle.

Strength is the base of ALL other fitness/strength qualities and preps the body for high velocity contractions such as sprinting, jumping and kicking so it needs a decent amount of attention - not just a bit here and there

If flexibility is an issue through the hips and only you'd know that then work on glute strength (hip thrusts) not hip stretching which died pretty much FA long term

Ahh so I'm just an idiot. Thanks for this guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back