New AC/DC 2020 !!!

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo , Coney Island Warriors.
they should really be called Angus and Friends at this stage.
it will be interesting to see if there is any difference to the standard AC/DC fodder without Malcolms influence. i doubt it but you never know.

From what i hear they are using Malcolm cuts and mixing it into the album...View attachment 974371

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Just saw the tweet:eek: I wasn't expecting to ever see Cliff & Brian with the band again so with that line-up & with all songs written by Angus & Malcom, I'm down with having a new Accadacca album to listen to soon!

& with the current state of 'new music*', give me a few new tunes from these old *ers any day!...

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Just saw the tweet:eek: I wasn't expecting to ever see Cliff & Brian with the band again so with that line-up & with all songs written by Angus & Malcom, I'm down with having a new Accadacca album to listen to soon!

& with the current state of 'new music*', give me a few new tunes from these old f***ers any day!...

Yep, no autotune with these old farts .

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s OK. Brian sounds good, and I like that it’s focused and compact (3 minutes). The band were never great harmony singers - not sure the chorus works as well as it could.

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
It’s OK. Brian sounds good, and I like that it’s focused and compact (3 minutes). The band were never great harmony singers - not sure the chorus works as well as it could.

Not sure if serious. :huh:

lol , but yeh...Its AC/DC being AC/DC. Wouldnt want them any other way.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure if serious. :huh:

Mutt Lange got them sounding half-decent on HTH, but apart from Bon/Brian they never had good singing voices. The chorus on this is sort of in the middle of Bon- and Brian-era and doesn't really fit the song. IMO. It's otherwise quite a commercial song by AC/DC standards, in the vein of Who Made Who.

Might be the most melodic Brian has sounded since BIB.

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mutt Lange got them sounding half-decent on HTH, but apart from Bon/Brian they never had good singing voices. The chorus on this is sort of in the middle of Bon- and Brian-era and doesn't really fit the song. IMO. It's otherwise quite a commercial song by AC/DC standards, in the vein of Who Made Who.

Might be the most melodic Brian has sounded since BIB.

I hear ya, yep. It's typical radio friendly stuff. To me it sounds like a mash up of RNR Train and Stiff Upper Lip. I do like it but lets hope the album has some good stuff for the faithful.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I hear ya, yep. It's typical radio friendly stuff. To me it sounds like a mash up of RNR Train and Stiff Upper Lip. I do like it but lets hope the album has some good stuff for the faithful.

Going to be interesting to see as Malcom is credited with the writing along with Angus so I guess that means some unreleased songs from back in the day have been reworked. Fingers crossed there's a couple of good ones in there.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
When I was a teenager I went and saw them once, knowing it would be last time I would see them and they were on the way out.
I viewed them like some brilliant band that had their peak from mid 70's and late 70's, which was before my time and took the opportunity to see them at Flinders Park in 1985. I think I had bought the album Fly on the Wall. I went to the concert knowing I could never get to experience them in their heyday but least I still got to see them whilst they had last bit of fuel in their tank. Quite liked a few songs on the album but was really jealous I was born too late to see them when they were at their peak with Bon Scott and then the Back in Black album after he died. Never had any desire to listen to anything after 1985 of theirs. My WTF moment, is my 1985 self, brought forward 35 years later and trying to get my head around finding a thread where people are talking about AC/DC having a new album. Just does my 1985 head in. If I could re-visit that 1985 self and say to him, you know this concert you going to tonight, they will have a new album out in 35 years too...

Also with one of the Young brothers gone, I do not even get the desire to pretend they still are AC/DC.
It feels so weird in same week one of my favourite rock bands Van Halen have lost the majestic Eddie Van Halen to see this happening.

Mar 30, 2008
The Phase Realm
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
When I was a teenager I went and saw them once, knowing it would be last time I would see them and they were on the way out.
I viewed them like some brilliant band that had their peak from mid 70's and late 70's, which was before my time and took the opportunity to see them at Flinders Park in 1985. I think I had bought the album Fly on the Wall. I went to the concert knowing I could never get to experience them in their heyday but least I still got to see them whilst they had last bit of fuel in their tank. Quite liked a few songs on the album but was really jealous I was born too late to see them when they were at their peak with Bon Scott and then the Back in Black album after he died. Never had any desire to listen to anything after 1985 of theirs. My WTF moment, is my 1985 self, brought forward 35 years later and trying to get my head around finding a thread where people are talking about AC/DC having a new album. Just does my 1985 head in. If I could re-visit that 1985 self and say to him, you know this concert you going to tonight, they will have a new album out in 35 years too...

Also with one of the Young brothers gone, I do not even get the desire to pretend they still are AC/DC.
It feels so weird in same week one of my favourite rock bands Van Halen have lost the majestic Eddie Van Halen to see this happening.

Hahaha !! Its unbelievable isnt it. I can relate totally to what you just said. The first time i saw them was 1988. I had the chance to go on a trip to Europe but passed it up because i thought it would be my first and last chance to see them...

Back