New AFL Career Game

Remove this Banner Ad

nonchalance said:
I was suggesting that there are injuries that would prevent you from playing that would not prevent you from umpiring juniors.
Might not be a bug.
i would say it is a bug, who could umpire with a broken hand not like you can bounce the ball at balls up etc

There are of course injuries that would prevent you from playing footy but not from umpiring, and there are some cases in junior footy where the umpiring is so casual that you could almost go out there with a broken leg (Auskick for example :))
However I will be changing that so you cant be a field umpire when injured, but I may add in a few different things such as being a goal umpire or something similar.

This discussions has given me the idea of different types of injuries though, to specific parts of the body. Will look into it and see if it can be included in the update in a couple of days or if it will have to wait till the bigger one.

Looks like specific injuries will indeed have to wait for the later update.

For now though, Update 1.24 is now available. It's nothing major, adds more events, fixes a few bugs as well as the problem where disposal and goal averages included games that you didnt play.

http://footystargame.tripod.com/index.html

As I mentioned before, this will be the last update for a month or so. During that time I'll be adding a few popular suggestions to the game, such as team play, more realistic stat counts, and a few other big things. I wont release the complete new feature list until its almost ready.

So until then, enjoy! :)

Mahama said:
Looks like specific injuries will indeed have to wait for the later update.

For now though, Update 1.24 is now available. It's nothing major, adds more events, fixes a few bugs as well as the problem where disposal and goal averages included games that you didnt play.

http://footystargame.tripod.com/index.html

As I mentioned before, this will be the last update for a month or so. During that time I'll be adding a few popular suggestions to the game, such as team play, more realistic stat counts, and a few other big things. I wont release the complete new feature list until its almost ready.

So until then, enjoy! :)
I just found this thread this morning and have already downloaded the game.
Just one thing though, do I now also need to download the Update 1.24?

Once you've signed your first contract, carry on past the newspaper, click OK to exit the contracts screen and you'll find yourself at the main page. From there you can see the navigation buttons on the right side, including training and play a match.
Have a read through of the tips and hints section on the game's website for some suggestions on becoming a good player ;)

does every 1 make afl
i didnt read the tips but so far my player has kicked 368 goals in 68 games at full forward how can i get 10 bogs in a season and not win a bronlow?

is 368 goals in 68 games good in this game?

Everyone will likely make it to the AFL at some point in their career, unless they put their talent at the absolute minimum, in which case it will be much harder.

Also you should keep in mind that the BOGs are awarded by the media, and not by the umpires. If you do get a BOG its probably a good indication of your chances of polling votes from that game, but don't assume you'll get 3 from it.

And yes, 368 from 68 is very nice ;)

A player I had won a brownlow..

I think it was a midfielder

I had a HF flanker who averaged 30 touches and kicked 144 goals in a year didnt win one LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently caveman I have updated the match engine which will now generate very realistic results. Awards, match ratings and other related items have been updated with this.
The team side of things is just about done, I wont go into too much detail on that though.
Finally, I've begun implementing at AFL draft and draft camp, which I think will be a very exciting addition.

Still to come are the addition of various local leagues and a few other features, one in particular which is very large and very exciting also ;)
So having said all that, it is probably still another few weeks away, but it is progressing nicely. If anyone has any more suggestions now would be a good time :)

Mahama said:
Currently caveman I have updated the match engine which will now generate very realistic results. Awards, match ratings and other related items have been updated with this.
The team side of things is just about done, I wont go into too much detail on that though.
Finally, I've begun implementing at AFL draft and draft camp, which I think will be a very exciting addition.

Still to come are the addition of various local leagues and a few other features, one in particular which is very large and very exciting also ;)
So having said all that, it is probably still another few weeks away, but it is progressing nicely. If anyone has any more suggestions now would be a good time :)

Sounds great Mahama! I look forward to it. I dont have anymore suggetsions at the moment except to ask if you include local leagues. Will you have the promotion/relegation?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back