Solved New evidence regards to Badali Debs double homicide of 2 police - *Jason Roberts found NOT GUILTY

Remove this Banner Ad

My whole point is, how did Silk come to be shot with two bullets? Debs also stated that Roberts shot Silk. I mean, come on, Roberts was weighing up whether to admit to it or wait and go to jury and try his luck.

If you’re that innocent and know it then stand by your beliefs. Did the tampered evidence actually have anything to do directly with the fact he may have been there? And if there was a second perp, who was it? Debs stated, ‘Roberts shot Silk’ - is Debs just considered a liar now permanently?
Problem with the last paragraph is the defence called a witness who on the night said he saw Debs alone in the area. (Didn't come forward at the time as was known to police)
So we are meant to dismiss that witness but believe Debs?

Problem with the last paragraph is the defence called a witness who on the night said he saw Debs alone in the area. (Didn't come forward at the time as was known to police)
So we are meant to dismiss that witness but believe Debs?
Looking at the logistics of the crime along with fact Roberts would’ve pleaded guilty if he got a lesser sentence is phenomenally damning.

Debs statement just makes a lot more sense. Roberts statement doesn’t and doesn’t corroborate many aspects of the crime and details etc.

Looking at the logistics of the crime along with fact Roberts would’ve pleaded guilty if he got a lesser sentence is phenomenally damning.

Debs statement just makes a lot more sense. Roberts statement doesn’t and doesn’t corroborate many aspects of the crime and details etc.
Roberts statement is recollections of what Debs told him. He's story is he was at home. It's not up to him to solve the crime or fit together the inconcistencies.
Look my position has been the same all thread that there was enough grey and murkiness in this that this was definitely worth a re trial even when the Vic AG and police were pushing against it.
Now the re trial has happened I'm far from convinced Roberts is innocent but I do think there is way too much doubt and conflicting stories for a conviction prosecution changing strategy as well (calling Debs not playing the I kill ds tape due to doubt if he said I or I'd just ads to it. And benefit of the doubt goes to the accused.
Would've been interesting if this was a judge only trial. Usually you can read into what the judge reckons by comments but this judge gave up nothing

Can't believe he's getting out.

I was gona say away with it... but he did 20 years.

Do people really believe he wasn't there?

There’s a big difference between “did he do it” and “can it be proven beyond reasonable doubt that he did it”.

Think about Walsh Street - everyone knows they were guilty yet there is also an acceptance the jury got the verdict right. Not because they were innocent but because the case couldn’t be proven to the requisite standard.

I don’t think the jury can be criticised in this case either. As soon as the backdated statements were identified the conviction was looking shaky.

There’s a big difference between “did he do it” and “can it be proven beyond reasonable doubt that he did it”.

Think about Walsh Street - everyone knows they were guilty yet there is also an acceptance the jury got the verdict right. Not because they were innocent but because the case couldn’t be proven to the requisite standard.

I don’t think the jury can be criticised in this case either. As soon as the backdated statements were identified the conviction was looking shaky.
Was it Pierce that did Walsh Street? Along with someone else?

The great thing about this country is you can be found guilty 3 or 4 times and have no appeals left but still get a shot at freedom. Yet the prosecution has no comeback.
Reminds me of an argument I had with a neighbor when his Dingo stole my pet golliwog.
Also fits very closely with a certain case in USA.
The only reason he's out is, as stated previously, the jury were freeing a 17 year old. Old mates the serial killer, the young fella's served 20, yeah we'll sleep tight with our decision and all our fellow dogooders will be happy.

He was there, they rob a heap of places together then all of a sudden debs does one alone? No chance, also 2 different guns used? Unlikely debs fires from 2 different guns, should have taken a plea and ratted out that scum debs, would be a free man now

👍 ok dude

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to Roberts on the podcast talking about that night. The part I get hazy at, when he said he got up in the early hours of the morning to take a leak, but someone was in the upstairs toilet already, so he had to use the downstairs toilet and that’s when he saw Debs on the couch. (With a gun on the table Roberts said, imagine if Debs wife came downstairs, would he be stupid enough to have a gun on the table for her to see??)

Chances of someone else in the house being in the toilet at the exact same time as when Roberts gets up in the middle of the night? Of course it’s possible, but decent odds I would of thought.

New podcast, very good so far.

Excellent podcast. Helped me understand the whole case. I feel very sorry for Ron Iddles who is a champion. Also very interesting that BD's says that he killed Sarah McDirmond and his confessions to the other murders at Tynong North. That also made a lot of sense and it is a wonder that VicPol don't relook at all of that with that info in mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back