raboyle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2001
X Convenience Oval, Elizabeth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC (SANFL), Port Melb (VFL)
Starting from this season, the tri-state rotational agreement between the South Australian, Victorian and Western Australian leagues in regards to the Interstate matches will be partially expanded. Since 2003, an agreement was reached where the three leagues have played each other over a three year period in which one league would either sit out representative football or make alternative arrangements once in those three years.

During my time in Gold Coast I picked up a copy of the NEAFL Record at the Southport Sharks vs. Gold Coast Suns reserves match at Fankhauser Reserve in Southport. It detailed the new program, in which the NEAFL and Tasmanian State Leagues -- categorised as Cat-2 leagues -- will fill the voids created by these 'byes' taken by the Cat-1 competitions.

The weekend of May 26 this year will kickstart this new era. You can class it as a "State League weekend" or "Residents weekend" depending on where you live. Tasmania will be the first to front up against major opposition when it takes on Victoria in the Apple Isle. The new program will continue in 2013 when the NEAFL's Northern Conference (QLD/NT) will face South Australia in Queensland.

Let the new era begin!

Starting from this season, the tri-state rotational agreement between the South Australian, Victorian and Western Australian leagues in regards to the Interstate matches will be partially expanded. Since 2003, an agreement was reached where the three leagues have played each other over a three year period in which one league would either sit out representative football or make alternative arrangements once in those three years.

During my time in Gold Coast I picked up a copy of the NEAFL Record at the Southport Sharks vs. Gold Coast Suns reserves match at Fankhauser Reserve in Southport. It detailed the new program, in which the NEAFL and Tasmanian State Leagues -- categorised as Cat-2 leagues -- will fill the voids created by these 'byes' taken by the Cat-1 competitions.

The weekend of May 26 this year will kickstart this new era. You can class it as a "State League weekend" or "Residents weekend" depending on where you live. Tasmania will be the first to front up against major opposition when it takes on Victoria in the Apple Isle. The new program will continue in 2013 when the NEAFL's Northern Conference (QLD/NT) will face South Australia in Queensland.

Let the new era begin!

The state game last year vs the WAFL saw a 1 goal result. Admittedly the sandgropers got to 6-7 goals up and took their foot off the gas, but Qld good enough to make a run at them.

The NEAFL North Conference gets stronger every year and I feel that they will be pretty competitive against SANFL next year.

Will be a real indication of where QLD footy is at. I think it is fantastic and look forward to seeing how we perform against the best!

Let the new era begin!
Tassie will get flogged

Remove this Banner Ad

Back