New style now available for preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circle avatars! FB and Twitter are using them, look much better.

Like an onion on your belt, it's the style of the time.

Maybe so but every other design element in this new theme is either square or the slightest of rounded rectangles. The square avatars just make sense. I like the green post buttons, reminds me of the footy oval

Maybe so but every other design element in this new theme is either square or the slightest of rounded rectangles. The square avatars just make sense. I like the green post buttons, reminds me of the footy oval

Facebook and Twitter aren't full of circles either. Neither are Apple, Google, LinkedIn, etc.

Every major social network uses circles because avatars are generally faces. Faces are round so a circle avatar makes sense because it removes wasted space around a face.

Circle avatars! FB and Twitter are using them, look much better.

Like an onion on your belt, it's the style of the time.
I liked the circles better.

In the end I think it obscures parts of avatars.

Facebook and Twitter aren't full of circles either. Neither are Apple, Google, LinkedIn, etc.

Every major social network uses circles because avatars are generally faces. Faces are round so a circle avatar makes sense because it removes wasted space around a face.
If every social media platform jumped off a cliff would you expect BF to as well?

Yes but how many avatars on BF are faces?

Yeah bit tiny but I guess it has to fit with the other images. I am just happy its back. Next step is 4 or 5 more buttons that can be customized for what forums I frequent. ;)
Best for now is to put them in Watched Forums - an extra click to open them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have switched the mobile style over to the new slick style.

A few tweaks still to come.

Is the new format mandatory? Ive tried switching to the others but it keeps reverting to slick

Is the new format mandatory? Ive tried switching to the others but it keeps reverting to slick
It is the default unless we find any major issues.

The old one was starting to break in the back end.

I have switched the mobile style over to the new slick style.

A few tweaks still to come.
Yay! Mine kept switching back to the old one on my phone no matter what I did (even requesting the desktop site would revert) so I was using old on phone and new on computer. Very annoying!

Oh wow the new mobile theme is horrible.That big green topic box up the top is disgusting. The new post button right in the middle of the screen, the alerts menu when scrolling up. Please allow option to revert back.

Oh wow the new mobile theme is horrible.That big green topic box up the top is disgusting. The new post button right in the middle of the screen, the alerts menu when scrolling up. Please allow option to revert back.
We are moving to it - but what we are doing now is fixing the issues.

Topic box can be killed easily.
New post button is back where it should be.
"Alerts menu when scrolling up" - the sticky nav? That's the best part - no need to scroll right to the top for the menus.

It's different, for mine it seems like the layout is a bit big for a smaller screen, but will adjust to it.

That's what she said!
It's different, for mine it seems like the layout is a bit big for a smaller screen, but will adjust to it.
Yeah it looked a bit too thick on /forum
Looked less plain though which is a bonus.

That's what she said!
Yeah my iPhone 5s has issues, but the trend is to larger screens. Our stats show this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back