New UK member

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray61

Draftee
Feb 17, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi all, just signed up to Big Footy, never knew it was here until I saw it while searching for latest news on AFL Record 2021. still no news on that it seems.
Been a Geelong follower since my first visit to Australia in 1989, spent a year working in Melbourne in 1991 and been back for footy trips and the odd work conference ever since, although I reckon Covid has stuffed any future visits for some time. Most recent trips were in 2013, 2015 and 2017. Happy to get involved in discussions about AFL and AFLW with any fans from any club, but Cats fans specially welcome!

Hi all, just signed up to Big Footy, never knew it was here until I saw it while searching for latest news on AFL Record 2021. still no news on that it seems.
Been a Geelong follower since my first visit to Australia in 1989, spent a year working in Melbourne in 1991 and been back for footy trips and the odd work conference ever since, although I reckon Covid has stuffed any future visits for some time. Most recent trips were in 2013, 2015 and 2017. Happy to get involved in discussions about AFL and AFLW with any fans from any club, but Cats fans specially welcome!

Das it mate.

Always knew the Brits were intelligent ppl.

Welcome fellow catter, enjoy it & hopefully we’ll see ya over on the Geelong board.

Great stuff, another couple of Brits.

It's a lovely place for some distractions from whatever's happening over here. Plus, morning sport is fantastic!

Great stuff, another couple of Brits.

It's a lovely place for some distractions from whatever's happening over here. Plus, morning sport is fantastic!
Agreed. I like some sports reporting first thing in the morning. I haven’t been on the site for a while as I have had so many work commitments and also caring responsibilities but I shall be more active this autumn (Northern Hemisphere).

Agreed. I like some sports reporting first thing in the morning. I haven’t been on the site for a while as I have had so many work commitments and also caring responsibilities but I shall be more active this autumn (Northern Hemisphere).

Great stuff - finals day is fun on the site albeit very early our time! Enjoy :)

Hello to you, what area are you from and what teams do you follow in the UK?

Apologies for late reply. I live on the SW edge of London. I grew up in Southampton and support Southampton FC (the Saints), as well as Southampton Rugby Club (Rugby Union) and the local Rugby League, the Solent Spitfires. I also follow the England Football team (watched the Euros religiously!) and the England Rugby team as well. I take an interest in the Scottish National Football and Rugger teams as well because I have Scottish roots.
I got into these sports less as a spectator but by playing them at school and college.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back