Toast New Years AA Observations 2024....

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Just wanted to raise a symbolic toast to the AA selectors.

would like you all to charge your middle fingers...

giphy.gif

I have just realised this august body known as the AA selection panel has pulled off the impossible.

Allow me to explain something I have only just realised. I must have almost realised this so many times before, but, better late than never.

I am going to split the AFL playing community into 2 cohorts here.

Cohort 1 - has played AFL football for the Geelong Football Club in the 21st century. Due to some swapping of players between clubs I am going to guess this cohort forms roughly 7% of the total AFL football population this century. It may not be exactly 7% but it will be pretty close to that.

Cohort 2 - has not played for the Geelong FC this century. This cohort forms roughly 93% of the AFL football playing population in any given period.

We need a bit of background here. We live in an environment of equalisation here, salary caps, progressively preferential drafting order for new recruits. So we sort of expect about 7% of the best players in the competition to have played for each club. Some clubs for different reasons have done better than others, so let's say if a club shot the lights out they may double their quota and end up with 15% of the very best players over a whole generation.

Why I really wanted to salute the AA selection panel is for pulling off the following with absolutely zero scrutiny from anybody bar me.

Best 4 midfielders this century according to AA selectors:

cohort 1(have played for Geelong FC) - 3

cohort 2(have not played for Geelong FC) - 1

Best 3 defenders:

cohort 1 - 3

cohort 2 - nil :tearsofjoy:

That's right, exactly zero of the best 3 defenders this century played for 17 other clubs that were not Geelong FC.

Best 2 forwards:

cohort 1 - 1

cohort 2 - 1

So these 9 footballers that go to make up the best 4 mids, best 3 defenders, and best 2 forwards are basically made up from:

Geelong FC 7(from 7% of the playing community)

Every other FC 2(Judd and Franklin, from 93% of the playing community)

Just ******* LOL

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Just wanted to raise a symbolic toast to the AA selectors.

would like you all to charge your middle fingers...

*.gif

I have just realised this august body known as the AA selection panel has pulled off the impossible.

Allow me to explain something I have only just realised. I must have almost realised this so many times before, but, better late than never.

I am going to split the AFL playing community into 2 cohorts here.

Cohort 1 - has played AFL football for the Geelong Football Club in the 21st century. Due to some swapping of players between clubs I am going to guess this cohort forms roughly 7% of the total AFL football population this century. It may not be exactly 7% but it will be pretty close to that.

Cohort 2 - has not played for the Geelong FC this century. This cohort forms roughly 93% of the AFL football playing population in any given period.

We need a bit of background here. We live in an environment of equalisation here, salary caps, progressively preferential drafting order for new recruits. So we sort of expect about 7% of the best players n the competition to have played for each club. Some clubs for different reasons have done better than others, so let's say if a club shot the lights out they may double their quota and end up with 15% of the very best players over a whole generation.

Why I really wanted to salute the AA selection panel is for pulling off the following with absolutely zero scrutiny from anybody bar me.

Best 4 midfielders this century according to AA selectors:

cohort 1(have played for Geelong FC) - 3

cohort 2(have not played for Geelong FC) - 1

Best 3 defenders:

cohort 1 - 3

cohort 2 - nil :tearsofjoy:

That's right, exactly zero of the best 3 defenders this century played for 17 other clubs that were not Geelong FC.

Best 2 forwards:

cohort 1 - 1

cohort 2 - 1

So these 9 footballers that go to make up the best 4 mids, best 3 defenders, and best 2 forwards are basically made up from:

Geelong FC 7(from 7% of the playing community)

Every other FC 2(Pendlebury and Franklin, from 93% of the playing community)

Just ******* LOL

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You should send this to CFL house, errrrr I mean AFL house. 😂😂

cfl house and the umpiring rooms are full of scats, pies and blooze supporters

thats why those clubs get sucked off every week

there has never been a Richmond supporter umpire in history and if there was he would do a richo style reverse bias and gift the oppo when he umpires us

Last edited:
dillon is apparently a Richmond supporter

watch dillon do everything he can do to appear non biased . thats what the yellow and black mind does when in a position of power whereas other club campaigners just look to benefit their former club (hello shocking )

cfl house and the umpiring rooms are full of scats, pies and blooze supporters

thats why those clubs get sucked off every week

there has never been a Richmond supporter umpire in history and if there was he would do a richo style reverse bias and gift the oppo when he umpires us

It goes all the way back to 1904 and beyond Gru. Umpire Allen dead set fellated Lolnorf to cost us a fair chance to collect what was rightfully ours, the 1904 flag. Allowed Norf players to wear stops with 9 inch nails sticking out of them. campaigner.

It goes all the way back to 1904 and beyond Gru. Umpire Allen dead set fellated Lolnorf to cost us a fair chance to collect what was rightfully ours, the 1904 flag. Allowed Norf players to wear stops with 9 inch nails sticking out of them. campaigner.
ball hasnt even been bounced yet and I'm already severely melting

Main board telling me of course Geelong got more AA selections, they have won the most home and away games...

Geelong 2007-11 v Hawks 2011-15, Cats won 1 extra home and away game per season. 30 AA Cats v 13 AA Hawks.

Cats fans and main board shills say of course Cats would get so many more selections, they won the most games.

Wind the clock forward to 2017-20.

Tigers win 1.25 more home and away games per season than Cats. So had a greater level of home and away dominance over Geelong in this period than Geelong did over Hawthorn in the other periods.

AA result for 2017-20?

Cats 11 v Tigers 9.

Like, wtaf. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

dillon is apparently a Richmond supporter

watch dillon do everything he can do to appear non biased . thats what the yellow and black mind does when in a position of power whereas other club campaigners just look to benefit their former club (hello shocking )
U say "fellow Club", yet 1st chance he gets after ruining the game he runs back to the Club he came from. I challenge anyone to check out his CV & tell me it's just a coincidence.

Selection panels change 1 or 2 members each year. AFL execs. & the media..ex players . Farc knows how the weightings of 11 people go. vis a vis extended squad & final squad.

KB has been on it for ever, Matthew Richardson in 21. Ling & SHocking/E Betts. Jakovich the WA rep? Bolton NSW? Tredrea SA?

I don't think you can bet on AFLAA. So its probably clean in that regard, but no transparency is like the free agency Compo formula.

The official 2023 All-Australian selection panel comprises of: Gillon McLachlan (chairperson), Kevin Bartlett, Eddie Betts, Jude Bolton, Nathan Buckley, Kane Cornes, Andrew Dillon, Glen Jakovich, Laura Kane, Cameron Ling and Matthew Pavlich.

Pavlich and Kane have taken the places left vacant by Brad Scott, who was appointed coach of Essendon late last year, and Nick Riewoldt, who has relocated to the United States.

Gillon McLachlan (chairperson), Kevin Bartlett, Eddie Betts, Jude Bolton, Nathan Buckley, Nick Riewoldt, Andrew Dillon, Glen Jakovich, Laura Kane, Cameron Ling and Brad Scott.

2021 Gillon McLachlan (chair), Kevin Bartlett, Jude Bolton, Steve Hocking, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson, Nick Riewoldt, Warren Tredrea.

The All Australian selection panel is Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Steve Hocking, Glen Jakovich, Chris Johnson, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Warren Tredrea, while the All Australian selectors, along with Kevin Sheehan, also choose the winner of the NAB AFL Rising Star Award.
chairsperson roflmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d be embarrassed going for Geelong, everything about it reeks of illegitimacy.

The ground and token AA selections being the biggest culprits.

Not even moving clubs (Gary Ablett Jnr) stops them from handing AA selections like candy.

Danger 8 AA and Enright who’s a weak as piss seagull with 6!!! Couldn’t even defend Dew

I’d be embarrassed going for Geelong, everything about it reeks of illegitimacy.

The ground and token AA selections being the biggest culprits.

Not even moving clubs (Gary Ablett Jnr) stops them from handing AA selections like candy.

Danger 8 AA and Enright who’s a weak as piss seagull with 6!!! Couldn’t even defend Dew
cosmo-kramer-head-nod.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back