Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2003
Earth, near Carlton.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
* me, it's not over yet! It's over. These guys were available for signing to a Category B rookie list:

2016 NEXT GENERATION ACADEMY NOMINATIONS LIST
AFL nominations:

TAC
Jai Rout - Gippsland Power
Thomas Jok - Dandenong Stingrays
Goy Lok - Sandringham Dragons
Mading Atem - Western Jets

VFL
Kenny Ong - Sandringham Zebras
James El Moussalli - Essendon VFL

East Gippsland FL
Darren Allen - Lindenow FC (via The Recruit)

WAFL
Francis Watson - Claremont

Other clubs:
Collingwood
Isiah Farrell-Nelson (Indigenous)

Essendon
Aaron Tatchell (Indigenous), Muhammad Saad (Multicultural), Ovie Magbegor (Multicultural), Hisham Kerbatieh (Multicultural), Ozgur Uysal (Multicultural)

Geelong
Temoa Brown (Multicultural), Cameron Gurrumulnga (Indigenous), Deshan Gindkindi (Indigenous), Kamal Bukulatjpi (Indigenous)

Hawthorn
Tristan Tweedie (Indigenous)

Melbourne
Daniel Allsop (Multicultural)

Port Adelaide
Emmanuel Irra (Multicultural), Ariek Lual (Multicultural)

Richmond
Billy Cooper (Indigenous), Derek Smith (Indigenous)

West Coast
Tarir Bayok (Multicultural)
I've underlined the guys I'm familiar with but I'm happy to hear more about all of them, as I'm sure the Eagles, the Dons and Melbourne aren't the only ones who have potentially secured draft steals here.

Last edited:
Whilst I like seeing the game promoted to multicultural communities I don't like seeing more and more talent being exclusively tied to one club. From memory we have just about the worst zone. I'm hoping there is a large Nigerian community in our zone.

Rout, Jok and Watson look promising. Alas, it seems the cutoff for this has been and gone.

Mods, you're welcome to merge this into the academy thread! :p

Whilst I like seeing the game promoted to multicultural communities I don't like seeing more and more talent being exclusively tied to one club. From memory we have just about the worst zone. I'm hoping there is a large Nigerian community in our zone.
This has been well covered, and you're wrong. Doubly wrong for targeting one particular nationality.

Rout, Jok and Watson look promising. Alas, it seems the cutoff for this has been and gone.

Mods, you're welcome to merge this into the academy thread! :p

This has been well covered, and you're wrong. Doubly wrong for targeting one particular nationality.
Fair enough on targeting one nationality, but I just don't like more and more players being effectively excluded from the draft.

Fair enough on targeting one nationality, but I just don't like more and more players being effectively excluded from the draft.
This year's free hit is not reflective of the long term program, which is to find kids from cultural backgrounds that place them at a disadvantage in terms of making it into the AFL talent pathway, and giving them a shot.

Kids who otherwise wouldn't be at a junior club, who wouldn't be in the system. That's the goal, so it's not taking anything away, it's adding to it. In the long run, it winds itself down because there's no more kids falling through the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back