Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't watch the game this week, I was out of my head. First thing my Dad says to me when I woke up on the lounge room floor this morning, "that bloody blonde kid was in the pantry eating everything last night, built like a brick s**t house, kept asking for a lighter or a match! He's not my favorite I'll tell ya, him and the little red headed guy you brought home last night ate all me nutri-grain. Mum absolutely loves ya son, but not the way ya mates go about it as after a few of those herbal water pipes ya mate Abdul got you into. She hasn't spoken about a kid so much since you brought that fella around who broke her Moulie! By the way Mum was a lot more interested in footy than I was last night. She had a few of those special biscuits you made, the ones you told us not to eat and she stared at the match without saying a thing. Totally absorbed she was. At the end of the game she came to bed and mumbled something about being real excited about the future." Just thought I would pass that on.

Edited for accuracy.

Billy Puller's mum's Moulie before it was wrecked.
600x600-1_1020895.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't watch the game this week I was out. First thing my Dad says to me when I wake up this morning, "that bloody blonde kid was everywhere last night, built like a brick s**t house and the temperament to match! He is my favorite player, him and the little red headed guy" Mum absolutely loves the way he goes about it as well. She hasn't spoken about a kid so much since Rich made his debut! By the way Mum is a lot more interested in footy than Dad is and your son has got em both real excited about the future. Just thought I would pass that on.
Thanks mate
Great to hear
We are really proud of Nick
Working hard to adjust to the professional expectations that goes with playing at this level.
We chat every day and I keep telling him to listen and learn and work hard, the growth and development will come bit by bit.

He's a cracker and fast becoming a favourite where we sit. I got asked by a couple of people what his name is.

Thanks mate
Great to hear
We are really proud of Nick
Working hard to adjust to the professional expectations that goes with playing at this level.
We chat every day and I keep telling him to listen and learn and work hard, the growth and development will come bit by bit.

Half my mates down here in Melbourne have him in their Dream Team because I wont shut up about him, or his potential. You must be a proud dad, just like I will be when (I should probably say if) my son plays footy with a lion on him.

Half my mates down here in Melbourne have him in their Dream Team because I wont shut up about him, or his potential. You must be a proud dad, just like I will be when (I should probably say if) my son plays footy with a lion on him.
Thanks mate
We are very proud of him.
Is your boy looking good for the draft at dome stage?

Thanks mate
We are very proud of him.
Is your boy looking good for the draft at dome stage?

Hmm late reply...

About 14 years until we know. But he has my height and strength with my wife's fitness and endurance.. So anyone want a 196 cm 100 ko guy who can run? Lol its just a little dream for now..

Hmm late reply...

About 14 years until we know. But he has my height and strength with my wife's fitness and endurance.. So anyone want a 196 cm 100 ko guy who can run? Lol its just a little dream for now..
Ha ha ha
Cool
Not long to wait then hey!
Probably be touch afl by then!!

Ha ha ha
Cool
Not long to wait then hey!
Probably be touch afl by then!!

Hi Robbo44. Just wanted to wish you, Nick and the family all the best. I live in Bendigo and I hear you spent time hear. I also hear that you are a Christian family and as a fellow Christian and Lions fanatic that Nick and you guys will continue to be in my prayers.

Hi Robbo44. Just wanted to wish you, Nick and the family all the best. I live in Bendigo and I hear you spent time hear. I also hear that you are a Christian family and as a fellow Christian and Lions fanatic that Nick and you guys will continue to be in my prayers.
Thanks mate
Greatly appreciated!!

hey robbo 44,

how does nick feel being on the 'cusp' of the senior side & not really able to consolidate a spot as some of his draft mates have done.
is he disappointed, frustrated or just happy to have had an opportunity to see it happen next year ... at least he knows what he has to do.

hey robbo 44,

how does nick feel being on the 'cusp' of the senior side & not really able to consolidate a spot as some of his draft mates have done.
is he disappointed, frustrated or just happy to have had an opportunity to see it happen next year ... at least he knows what he has to do.
He's totally fine mate.
His role as an inside mid is already taken by Redden and Hanley Rock and Lester ATM so he's got to earn his spot past those fellows.
His attitude is great as he's working on the defensive side of his game in the twos.
I remind him of the fact he's played 15 games this year so far and 7 of those in the AFL and that's more than he's played the past two years at wafl colts and state level!
What he has achieved this year in my opinion is fantastic.
It all bodes very well for him for next year after another pre season.
He's going to be a very strong, tough mid for the Lions I reckon.

Robbo44: seems a level headed kid who works hard on his deficiencies. Would be a joy to coach no doubt.

Just hope the club has boosted their development resources well and that Nick is getting the attention and information he needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's totally fine mate.
His role as an inside mid is already taken by Redden and Hanley Rock and Lester ATM so he's got to earn his spot past those fellows.
His attitude is great as he's working on the defensive side of his game in the twos.
I remind him of the fact he's played 15 games this year so far and 7 of those in the AFL and that's more than he's played the past two years at wafl colts and state level!
He's going to be a very strong, tough mid for the Lions I reckon.

Sounds like you know how to raise a boy with his head screwed on right. Good job mate.

Didn't he have a pretty restricted pre-season too? I'm pretty confident he'll be in the seniors again by the end of the season and after a full pre-season will be ready to go from round 1 next year.

Wise fatherly advice. What Nick has achieved this year is fantastic in any sensible Lions supporters opinion.

Robbo44: seems a level headed kid who works hard on his deficiencies. Would be a joy to coach no doubt.

Just hope the club has boosted their development resources well and that Nick is getting the attention and information he needs.
I'm not really sure in that area mate as I'm not privy.
From a supporters or Dads point of view, what's enough?
From the position the club is in now and moving forward I think more is better.
Hopefully that will all come ASAP as part of this building process.

Sounds like you know how to raise a boy with his head screwed on right. Good job mate.

Didn't he have a pretty restricted pre-season too? I'm pretty confident he'll be in the seniors again by the end of the season and after a full pre-season will be ready to go from round 1 next year.
Not really,
Bit of a quad but only really slowed him up for a couple of weeks.
Pretty solid pr season.
He's just a little shy on touch I reckon and match sense.
We are just really happy to see him enjoying his footy and settling well over there.

Great advice and I also think that we place too much expectations on first and second year players anyway. He reminds of a Brad Sewell type inside mid and personally love those type of players and always enjoyed playing with those types as well. Always happy to hear when he goes back to reserves he still puts in and puts in a performance that warrents selection or there abouts. Hope he's loving the Brissie lifestyle as it is quite relaxed like Perth is, possibly better winters though!

You can tell when reading the ressie reports that he has made a bit of a name for himself eith his attack on the ball. The coaches all seem to reference it, it's his trade mark just about, and something they are happy with.

Defensive side or aspects are often mentioned as what they are working on, and at AFL level he seems to end up with run with roles. I dont believe it is because he is so bad at it, but just that the rest of his game is pretty strong, so they can focus on that one main point. Big step up being Inside mid at AFL level, that is where all the star mids play, so I guess they use that as a learning opportunity for him as well, learn where the good players run to, and how to cover them in those intense contested situations.

I think the fact they are putting so much work into this part of his game is because they do see a bright future for him, and a place in our midfield set up. He has had a terrific season to date, and will set him up well going into his 2nd year.

the kid is doing just fine ! done enough in his first year to show what will come with experience and patience

well done lad keep at it. dont forget people hes only on his L plates just yet, he will be a real star in time to come

Have heard a few times, especially at draft time, "if he doesn't remind you of anybody he isn't going to be anybody." I've always thought that was a tad harsh however using this statement who does Nick remind you of in regards to an AFL player, I said Sewell but the more I think of it I think a Scott Thompson type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back