Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

He is definitly more consistent than last season. However he only had 7 disposals. He needs to provide more offense, if he can average around 20 disposals while continuing to negate his player.
The one thing Fagan has done well is to get those yr 3-5 players developing more. Mayes, Taylor, Robbo, Gardiner. Just there is 4 players that are playing much better than last season and only 5 rounds in.

He is definitly more consistent than last season. However he only had 7 disposals. He needs to provide more offense, if he can average around 20 disposals while continuing to negate his player.
The one thing Fagan has done well is to get those yr 3-5 players developing more. Mayes, Taylor, Robbo, Gardiner. Just there is 4 players that are playing much better than last season and only 5 rounds in.

Agreed. He's done it a few times this season (having more disposals than his direct opponent while negating). Consistency is key and he has a long way to go, but the signs are there and are brighter than ever.

The best part is he has superb work ethic and you know he will get the very best out of himself no matter what.

Nick's work whilst manning the mark when an opponent is having a shot on goal is exemplary.

Put Stringer off a couple of times and most guys should follow Nick's lead as opposed to just standing the mark with arms up in the air.

Nick charges in full pelt as his opponent is taking a shot and clearly unnerves his opponent.

Nick's work whilst manning the mark when an opponent is having a shot on goal is exemplary.

Put Stringer off a couple of times and most guys should follow Nick's lead as opposed to just standing the mark with arms up in the air.

Nick charges in full pelt as his opponent is taking a shot and clearly unnerves his opponent.
Am a real fan of the effort he puts in. Better coaching seems to have him on the right track.

We seem to be loaded up with defenders this week with Andrews, McStay, Gardiner, Rich, Mayes, Cutler, Harwood, C Beams and N Robbo.

Will be interesting to see if he plays on Young, Gray, Wingard or further up the field.

We seem to be loaded up with defenders this week with Andrews, McStay, Gardiner, Rich, Mayes, Cutler, Harwood, C Beams and N Robbo.

Will be interesting to see if he plays on Young, Gray, Wingard or further up the field.

I reckon he matches up on Young well. Dizzy will mark one of Gray or Wingard and Harwood will mark the other. Reckon Cutler may do the kick ins but have a license to drift up the ground.

Our Nick has hit the headlines!

In DailyMail Online is an article showing the Franklin incident and basically saying Franklin was a wuss...but saying both players will probably face MRP.

Nick is just the type we need in the team....has that bit of mongrel, toughness about him, and isn't overawed by "star" opposition players.

Good one Nick:thumbsu:

What he did wasn't tough. Jumper punching someone off the ball isn't tough. It was good that he stood up for himself but he took it too far. In the end Buddy got a goal and maybe the next forward in that position will do the same and it could cost us the match.

It'll look extra dumb if he gets suspended.

What he did wasn't tough. Jumper punching someone off the ball isn't tough. It was good that he stood up for himself but he took it too far. In the end Buddy got a goal and maybe the next forward in that position will do the same and it could cost us the match.

It'll look extra dumb if he gets suspended.
So Nick gets jumper punched first and in your eyes should've just stood there allowing Franklin to dictate and bully him around?

Good on Nick for not taking crap from someone a lot bigger and he still overpowered the whinging Franklin who only got a free because the umpire got sucked in.

In a young side, you need guys to fly the flag like what Nick and Rocky did otherwise every side will try pushing us around.

So Nick gets jumper punched first and in your eyes should've just stood there allowing Franklin to dictate and bully him around?

Good on Nick for not taking crap from someone a lot bigger and he still overpowered the whinging Franklin who only got a free because the umpire got sucked in.

In a young side, you need guys to fly the flag like what Nick and Rocky did otherwise every side will try pushing us around.

He can push him off. Just not get sucked in and give away a free. That's what Buddy wanted and what's going to stop the next person from doing the same? He's going to be labeled as someone who'll give away cheap frees. Rocky knew the limit from past experience.

It wasn't tough or smart.

If Robertson made any contact - push or jumper punch - Buddy was going to flop and try and draw the free kick anyway, and the ump would've been sucked in just the same.

He can push him off. Just not get sucked in and give away a free. That's what Buddy wanted and what's going to stop the next person from doing the same? He's going to be labeled as someone who'll give away cheap frees. Rocky knew the limit from past experience.

It wasn't tough or smart.

Partially disagree, sure some flying the flag can be borderline but he does not/should not have to ever do this again.

Nick just needs to verbally threaten/bluff/remind/plant a seed of doubt at the game start handshake should keep many opponents thinking throughout the game. ;)

Our Nick has hit the headlines!

In DailyMail Online is an article showing the Franklin incident and basically saying Franklin was a wuss...but saying both players will probably face MRP.

Nick is just the type we need in the team....has that bit of mongrel, toughness about him, and isn't overawed by "star" opposition players.

Good one Nick:thumbsu:
Franklin looked like our Labradoodle when a bigger dog goes over to her - well done Robbo!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partially disagree, sure some flying the flag can be borderline but he does not/should not have to ever do this again.

Nick just needs to verbally threaten/bluff/remind/plant a seed of doubt at the game start handshake should keep many opponents thinking throughout the game. ;)

Next game against Sydney we lead by a point with a minute to go and Buddy and Robbo are in the same situation. What would buddy do?

He's shown himself to be mentally weak. I think even more will try and bait Robbo as a result.

Nothing resulting from MRP so I would say that Nick sent two important little messages to the rest of the comp:

1. When you play Brisbane, know that Nick Robertson won't take a backward step and he isn't afraid of anyone.
2. Buddy deserves to have his bluff called. Rough him up a bit because he is pretty quick to start sooking.

Nice work by N Robbo to make a statement on behalf of the team that we won't be a pushover now. Time to get unsociable.

Next game against Sydney we lead by a point with a minute to go and Buddy and Robbo are in the same situation. What would buddy do?

He's shown himself to be mentally weak. I think even more will try and bait Robbo as a result.
I hope they do, shows their mind not totally on the game and Nick can then show the world how much he has matured since said misdemeanor.

We had two of them back in our heyday....their names were Chris and Brad.

Plus Marty Pike, Mal Michael, Jono Brown, Michael Voss and even a Darryl White at times. That was a hard side back in the day that never took a backwards step and it is good to see we're finally seeing a few that aren't about to either.

We had two of them back in our heyday....their names were Chris and Brad.

....now we have NRobbo who is a genuine hardnut....but who else is there? (Mitch Robbo is all bluff and bluster, bless his heart)

I reckon Matho might fit the bill. Bring him in! Lets toughen this damn team up a bit.

The game was a lot different and again there's nothing hard about jumper punching someone who can't do it back without a risk of punishment.

I hope they do, shows their mind not totally on the game and Nick can then show the world how much he has matured since said misdemeanor.

Exactly. It was a mistake. Hopefully he learns from it and doesn't become one of those guys who gets targeted to get cheap frees from.

Plus Marty Pike, Mal Michael, Jono Brown, Michael Voss and even a Darryl White at times. That was a hard side back in the day that never took a backwards step and it is good to see we're finally seeing a few that aren't about to either.

:D Good god, how could I forget about all of them....you're right, we need some more!

I would be very surprised if Nick found himself in that situation or if he would have reacted that way if it was a 1 point ball game. It was a 60 point game. With zero hope of revival.

Cut the kid some slack, and give him the benefit of the doubt to know when's the right and wrong time to stand up for himself, and the jumper, until he actually does something to prove otherwise.

Right now I wish a few more in the side would show the same passion.

I back him in all the way in that situation.
Atm, the Lions are somewhat intimidated by teams due to a lack of experience.
This is a mans game and you either draw a line in the sand or you don't.
He will never back down and i would never suggest he should.

Ps
Not just a mans game!!
Must be PC now days!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back