List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Jen, thanks for all your great work here. I've been reading through the draft board and it seems like most of the rankings threads were adopting a wait-and-see position on Nick at the start of the year, but all seem to have now slotted him into second just behind Horne. Obviously he's getting really nice numbers, but what is it about his play that's seen him jump above big names like Sonsie, Sinn, etc so quickly in these rankings? Can you give us a sense of his style, strengths, player comparisons etc.? Thanks again! 👍

Hey Jen, thanks for all your great work here. I've been reading through the draft board and it seems like most of the rankings threads were adopting a wait-and-see position on Nick at the start of the year, but all seem to have now slotted him into second just behind Horne. Obviously he's getting really nice numbers, but what is it about his play that's seen him jump above big names like Sonsie, Sinn, etc so quickly in these rankings? Can you give us a sense of his style, strengths, player comparisons etc.? Thanks again! 👍
Well his stats do speak for themselves. but its not just that. Its the way he uses the ball, how he brings his teammates into the game. The class. The composure. He is damaging with the ball in hand, will use his strengths to his advantage.

Can take the game on from half back and open it up from there, can always pinch down forward as he knows the goals quite well, but you'll mostly find him around the middle and throughout stoppages. Likes to pressure the opposition to cause turnovers in the front half and even within the middle of the ground.

I can't really compare him to another player as he can do a bit of almost everything. Apart from the ruck lol

Well his stats do speak for themselves. but its not just that. Its the way he uses the ball, how he brings his teammates into the game. The class. The composure. He is damaging with the ball in hand, will use his strengths to his advantage.

Can take the game on from half back and open it up from there, can always pinch down forward as he knows the goals quite well, but you'll mostly find him around the middle and throughout stoppages. Likes to pressure the opposition to cause turnovers in the front half and even within the middle of the ground.

I can't really compare him to another player as he can do a bit of almost everything. Apart from the ruck lol
Thanks for that Jen, much appreciated. What's his kicking like? Much penetration to it or is it more Pendles-like (and Josh-like too I guess) modest but creative?

Cheers

Thanks for that Jen, much appreciated. What's his kicking like? Much penetration to it or is it more Pendles-like (and Josh-like too I guess) modest but creative?

Cheers
All of the above. He can be penetrating, but also creative, depending on the moment in play.

Look we can still win on the trade but we took a huge gamble and part of that gamble was that we were going to contend

That was a Epic Fail but the Club thinking that

Was told today that Nick is rated off the charts and is the clear number one. I was quite surprised as often hype is just that but this was via people with very good sources.

They where right about Darcy Moore Too

Was told today that Nick is rated off the charts and is the clear number one. I was quite surprised as often hype is just that but this was via people with very good sources.
I would have thought just looking at the stats from his games would be evidence enough that the hype is justified rather than talking to "very good sources."

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought just looking at the stats from his games would be evidence enough that the hype is justified rather than talking to "very good sources."

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have some excellent sauces in my fridge. They all tell me Nick is the bomb.

NICK DAICOS (Likely No. 1 pick as a father-son in 2021)

“I saw him play with (Matthew) Rowell and (Noah) Anderson and he was as good as them on the day – and he was three years younger. He’s got some tricks in the bag, he kicks goals, he’s a natural drawer of the ball, he’s always in the right spot at the right time, he uses it really well, he’s got good composure and he kicks goals no matter where he is. He’s a similar build to his old man. He doesn’t have to think about it – he’s in the right place at the right time all the time. He never looks knackered. When he learns to actually extend himself as far as his running capabilities he’s just going to rack them up.”

Playing in a distinctively lively, clean, smart and stylish yet arrogant manor, Nick Daicos for the second successive week starred, consolidating his status as a likely top-5 draft choice and one of Victoria's best.

Daicos is a prime mover in traffic who boasts agility and evasion, but that's just the beginning. He moves around with his arms outstretched, so if he gets tackled he's poised to deliver the releasing handball to a target, in a style mirroring Scott Pendlebury. Daicos is also a master at dropping his knees to draw free kicks, making him all the more dangerous amid heavy defence. If no free kick is drawn, because his arms are outstretched with ball in hand, he'll deliver the handball on time and on target.

Another of Daicos' unique talents is that he is routinely on the move, picking up off the ground on-handed, receiving by hand and taking marks cleanly. He does so in a style reminiscent of former Brisbane Lion and Gold Coast Sun, Jared Brennan, with Daicos similarly taking the ball as often one-handed as he does two-handed.

Collingwood have reason to celebrate, with the son of Peter and younger brother of Josh looking likely to join the Magpies as a father-son selection in this year's draft. On Saturday in Oakleigh's 42-point win against Eastern, Daicos was the standout, splitting his time between playing through the midfield and up forward.

Daicos secured 30 disposals, 10 contested possessions, five tackles, six clearances and three goals in a complete performance. This follows 28 disposals and three goals last week against Sandringham.

Daicos' key areas of improvement over time will be further developing his endurance and strength. If he can develop his endurance to a high level, he can be a star. Standing at 183cm and 72kg, Daicos remains slender and as long as his agility isn't impacted, additional strength would help the contested side of his game to continue improving.

https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_...rap-nick-daicos-consolidates-top-five-billing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back