Nick Vlastuin set to move into Richmond’s midfield in 2017 in team shake-up

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the opinion that Nick is very keen to become a permanent part of the midfield and pushed for that over the preseason. Caddy was obviously the same. Circumstances conspired against both. I really like Flossy in the middle but he is a better backman. I think he reads the play well, is poised and confident with ball in hand and is a beautiful disposer of the ball. I also think his lack of pace becomes a none issue in the backline as his ability to predict ball movement means he is a step ahead of his opponent in most encounters. Caddy is in a similar boat.

I would love to see both players rotated through the middle as a game unfolds and slows but I do feel their best spots atm are backline and forwardline atm.

With some tough games to come in the run in, the return of Vlastuin is pretty timely. Easily in our best side. Even better we still have Houli set to return, Miles probably still in the frame when he is fit again and Griff (hopefully his injury isn't too bad) to come in and bolster our strongest side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back