Rumour NicNat's Groin

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, excuse the intrusion. It was reported tonight on Melbourne radio station SEN that NicNat's groin is a lot worse than thought and may affect him during the 2013 season. This supposedly came to light when he had surgery after the season was over. They said his groin was pretty stuffed for the second half of season 2012 and he was jabbed to keep him on the field. May be just a rumour but the reporter seemed pretty confident of his information. Regardless of which team you support NicNat is one player everyone enjoys watching. Thanks.

Did anyone else hesitate to open this thread, thinking it might be NSFW?

"This is the greatest case of False Advertising I've seen since I sued the movie The Never Ending Story"

SEN always has a rumour that the highest profile Eagle with an injury is going to be out much longer than we're letting on.

Groins are a bitch but Round 1 is 10 weeks away. I'm not worried just yet.

Heard it on SEN as well, basically Mark Allen (I think it was) said that when NicNat went in for the op they found it was a lot worse than they expected. FWIW he was very confident on his source of info.

Not surprised. In the 2nd half of the year he lacked power and wasn't his usual self. I hope they manage Naita correctly - we don't want Judd like loss of power, speed and acceleration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard the same thing from a few close to the eagles about a month ago. Apparently won't play til round 8-10. I'm just saying what I heard so don't break my balls and rip into me.

If this is the case, and I'm not sure we know what's going on yet enough to determine this; just let him build through a standard running program (Akin to Scooter's and JK's from last year that got them out on the park) when he's good and ready.

Naitanui uninjured and unaffected over the course of his career = A bigger premiership window over the next 5 to 9 seasons; he is that important.

Saw Naitanui and Hill at the Wildcats game yesterday, he was walking just fine from what I saw, and at a good pace also (probably to GTFO out of the crowd asap =P)

He's had surgery now he just has to recover. He will be fine. Plenty of players have had groin injuries in the past. Our own captain for one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back