Switch Nintendo Switch - teaser trailer page 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
UI and its functions, MyNintendo integration and Virtual Console plans would've been a nice start. Crazy how little we still know this close to launch.
Can't believe they spent which seemed like 20 minutes explaining a simple button that's been on a controller for 2 decades but don't show off the UI or explain their internet services which theyre now charging for.

The Wii released with barely anything as well and surely even you'd concede it was a massive success. Launch games don't matter much, what matters is what Nintendo can do to increase sales during its lifetime. The Wii U had a few good launch games and look where that ended up.

The more hardcore gamers like us are only a small segment of the potential Switch market.

Because at the time the Wii gimmick was new. That's worn off now.... Wii also was bundled with Wii sports.

Adjusted for inflation the Switch is the 4th cheapest console upon release.

iPL4dVj.png

Last edited:
http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/01/14/nintendo-talks-voice-chat-online-approach-for-switch

When asked why voice chat for Nintendo Switch will be tied to a mobile app, Reggie said, "we want to reinforce the capability to take your experience with you on the go.... The ability to do matchmaking, voice chat through your phone, it's a hell of a lot more convenient than having a gamer headset stuck into your backpack trying to do that. That's why we're doing it the way we are. We see the convenience, we see the ease of delivery. We think it's going to lead to a better experience."

Additionally, GamesBeat spoke to Nintendo of America assistant manager of public relations David Young about the future of Miiverse and StreetPass, and Young confirmed that Switch won't support either. "I can answer that we’re not going to be using Miiverse for Nintendo Switch," he said.

Words, i have none.......

Wii U's suddenly become much more valuable *hugs Wii U*

Because at the time the Wii gimmick was new. That's worn off now.... Wii also was bundled with Wii sports.

Who is to say this console/handheld gimmick won't take off either?

It's too early to call. I'm sure the people at Nintendo know a lot more about their own console and how it might fare than we do.

Decided i'm going to buy a Wii U (maybe a preowned one)
As i never had one and i've missed out on so many good titles for it.

yep pretty much exactly my thoughts, hopefully there are some good deals around black friday or xmas

This is a better comparison video showing clear Switch differences

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so I just had a look on the EB games website and they have 1,2 Switch listed at $69.95.

Who the hell is going to pay $70 just so they can stare awkwardly into their friends eyes while they pretend to toss off a cow?

Should be a pack in game or it shouldn't exist at all.

Ok so I just had a look on the EB games website and they have 1,2 Switch listed at $69.95.

Who the hell is going to pay $70 just so they can stare awkwardly into their friends eyes while they pretend to toss off a cow?

Should be a pack in game or it shouldn't exist at all.
There must be some reason why Nintendo keep thinking these types of games are a good idea at full price.

Maybe they're super popular in Japan?

Wii U version has this fog effect. I'm tempeted to cancel my pre order for the Switch version.

Wait, you're saying that video made you want the Wii U version more?! Did you crank the youtube quality up to HD, because that makes a hell of a difference. It looks glorious on the Switch and I can't imagine depriving myself of that for what looks like being one of the greatest Zelda adventures of all time.

Wait, you're saying that video made you want the Wii U version more?! Did you crank the youtube quality up to HD, because that makes a hell of a difference. It looks glorious on the Switch and I can't imagine depriving myself of that for what looks like being one of the greatest Zelda adventures of all time.

The video made me want the Switch version more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back