Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Uninspiring game from both sides, if we can get back to our best form I wouldn't be too worried about playing either side... the teams to beat are the Demons and Giants IMO.

You can almost feel an all VFL GF is the narrative and it’s only round 4
Pretty much; it really is disgraceful the constant bias that many of the Victorian clubs experience particularly against interstate teams and it even applies when the Victorian teams are playing interstate too. What do you expect with some of these egotistical umpires.

I mean late in the game, Cripps takes on three players with prior, drops it and there is nothing to see by the umps. And you can’t tell me that wasn’t touched, the trajectory of the ball instantly changed and four umpires see nothing.

Worse yet is the commentators say nothing. That almost pisses me off more that they condone these umpire flogs and basically say oh well and the likes of Gerard Whately always say that umpiring never influences results. What AFL brown noses they all are.

Pretty much; it really is disgraceful the constant bias that many of the Victorian clubs experience particularly against interstate teams and it even applies when the Victorian teams are playing interstate too. What do you expect with some of these egotistical umpires.

I mean late in the game, Cripps takes on three players with prior, drops it and there is nothing to see by the umps. And you can’t tell me that wasn’t touched, the trajectory of the ball instantly changed and four umpires see nothing.

Yes! Those same VFL teams that get all of the advantages in this game complain about an extra game for Adelaide clubs.

Worst bit of play I've seen all season.

He sort of looks a bit vacant.

I couldn’t believe it. He had no opposition in the ruck and tapped it to the worst possible spot.

He did 215k in Melbourne over 2 nights.

Geez I'll spew if the Blues get another non deserved victory here.
I know. I did a google search on his attendances. Pretty much set attendance records where he went last year. 90k at one US venue. US, UK, AUS all big numbers.

I couldn’t believe it. He had no opposition in the ruck and tapped it to the worst possible spot.
I thought to myself well you deserve to lose it then. He didn't remotely look where he whacked it either.

As if one of his team mates was going to miraculously appear in space.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo are paying Jackson $1m a year and he is rucking against Crippa with 1min left in their d50 and Jackson taps the ball outside. How dumb can you get.
I'm all for that sort of ruckwork EXCEPT FOR WHEN YOU'RE DEFENDING A NARROW LEAD DEEP INSIDE THE OPPOSITION 50 WITH TWO MINUTES TO GO.

It's happened. They've had an easy draw
I disagree. I don’t think they’ll win the flag but they’ll definitely be a finalist. They have a great forward mix of tails with Hawkins, Cameron and Henry, there midfield is still strong and there defenders are also very good and arguably better than ours.

Obviously we have Melbourne beforehand, but Geelong is a bloody scary proposition in a fortnight’s time followed by Giants away. I don’t disagree that they haven’t had the hardest draw but gee thinking about our next three is bloody daunting. If we won all three I’d genuinely think we’re back and a shot at the flag but it’s probably more realistic that we only win one or those three.

I disagree. I don’t think they’ll win the flag but they’ll definitely be a finalist. They have a great forward mix of tails with Hawkins, Cameron and Henry, there midfield is still strong and there defenders are also very good and arguably better than ours.

Obviously we have Melbourne beforehand, but Geelong is a bloody scary proposition in a fortnight’s time followed by Giants away. I don’t disagree that they haven’t had the hardest draw but gee thinking about our next three is bloody daunting. If we won all three I’d genuinely think we’re back and a shot at the flag but it’s probably more realistic that we only win one or those three.
Their ability to regenerate their list via quality late draft picks, rookies and then trades is second to none in the last 15 years.

Don’t they have 4 or 5 really old guys who will retire next 1-3yrs
You’d think so. Hawkins, Danger, Duncan, Blicvacs, Stanley, Touy, Rohan are the ones off the top of me head but they seem aso seem to have a lot of ex Falcons that want back home and rejuvenate easily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back