North Hobart - Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing that the board did not want anything to do with the idea to start with, im sure they are more than happy that they changed thier minds.

Was a great day, great crowd. Congrats to the organisers.

Not looking a good year for the dees on the field after watching the kicking displays from the two they had representing them. They were both awful! :thumbsdown:

Seeing that the board did not want anything to do with the idea to start with, im sure they are more than happy that they changed thier minds.

Was a great day, great crowd. Congrats to the organisers.

It was a risk to put the money up for this match no doubt, I reckon hearts were racing looking at the grey sky about lunch time:eek:.
The crowd just rolled in & in & in. It was an amazing site to see the old ground in such good condition & with such a good crowd. I reckon NH would have made over 100k.
Maybe that will show the HCC & AFL Tas that people will go to NHO. Maybe now lights will be put up.
NRL & A League would be perfect for NHO. I wouldnt be bothered about getting TSL finals, there's no money in them anyway:p

It was a risk to put the money up for this match no doubt, I reckon hearts were racing looking at the grey sky about lunch time:eek:.
The crowd just rolled in & in & in. It was an amazing site to see the old ground in such good condition & with such a good crowd. I reckon NH would have made over 100k.
Maybe that will show the HCC & AFL Tas that people will go to NHO. Maybe now lights will be put up.
NRL & A League would be perfect for NHO. I wouldnt be bothered about getting TSL finals, there's no money in them anyway:p

Good call! The NHFC took a chance and hopefully will be paid well for their punt.

If the break even was around 5,000 people then the addtional 6,752 people should have a huge result when combined with food/grog sales. I also believe the ADF threw some money in as a sponsor.

Hopefully the profit may range between $100,000 to $150,000 which will stand the club in a good position.

A query for the North Hobart supporters. I've seen on a site that there was a history book produced a while back, are there any copies still available and if so how do you get hold of one. I've been doing a bit of family history research and discovered my Grandfather played for North Hobart. He came up through the juniors and played a few years in the senior side between 1909 and 1913. Be good to know if there are photos from this era in there. Thanks.

can anyone tell me who was missing from the senior side in the game against the Mariners squad yesterday?

Dobosz has a slight groin strain but should be right for Burnie. Callum Dell is a 50% chance of playing after a ankle strain. Other than that i am not sure.

unfortunately madmug the people & organisations who could get something done don't give a toss. Hobart City Council is full of anti-sport latte drinkers & Green party members who are as much anti sport as they are to mining ,forestry, aquaculture & anything else that might progress the state. As for AFL Tas they are just biding their time til they move onto their next empire at Bellerive oval.
Don't get me wrong tho' i reckon North Hobart is the best footy ground in the south of the state & deserves a much needed upgrade. I know the club is quietly confident of a 10 thousand strong crowd for this weekends NRL practice match, that should go a long way to prove what a great venue it is but i cannot see HCC taking any notice of it. they will just sit back & take their cut of the earnings.

The bulk of the problem surrounding the redevelopment of North Hobart and a subsequent installation of lights is a local multiple property owner by the name of Kevin Arkless. Professional complainer, millionaire, Ferrari driver and in the fishing industry. Blocking Council works are a sport for this tosspot.

Report on ABC Radio Ryde street grandstand fire not sure at this point how much damage

on the mercury website:

VANDALS set fire to the Ryde St stand at North Hobart Oval this morning, destroying the historic structure.
The Tasmania Fire Service said the fire was first noticed shortly before 3.30am.
The fire caused approximately $500,000 damage to the heritage listed grandstand.
Two crews from Hobart fire brigade and one from Glenorchy attended the fire, which was brought under control within thirty minutes.
The TFS and Tasmania Police will investigate the cause this morning.
Smoke from the blaze was visible across North Hobart, but there was no danger to the public.

absolute tragedy !!! the building is a real mess , will take a lot to rebuild the old girl to her former glory !

It's utterly ruined. The brickwork is still fine but everything else is in ruins. Apparently it was a homeless person sleeping in the back corner who started a small fire to keep warm and on a very windy night it got out of control and the stand went up. This is not the first structure that has suffered damage like this by people who have been desperate for warmth. It's a tragedy on a lot of levels. Noticed that someone had set fire recently to plastic wheelie bins on the fence in front of the Doug Plaister Stand as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard a whisper that a disgruntled North Hobart forward who is currently out of the side set fire to the ryde street stand on saturday night in protest, can anyone confirm or deny this rumour?

I heard a whisper that a disgruntled North Hobart forward who is currently out of the side set fire to the ryde street stand on saturday night in protest, can anyone confirm or deny this rumour?

Sh*t call by you Halftimehero. This would be a criminal offence and for you to get on here on gossip pointing the finger at someone is putrid.

Gee calm down champ, it was obviously a tongue in cheek bit of fun, wasnt pointing the finger at anyone in particular just a throw away line that you have obviously taken offence too. Whats the world coming to with all this political correctness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back