2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Was hoping Cuningham and DVR would have got more of the ball.

JMG at least had more of the ball than he normally does. (albeit just scrapping into double figures)

Unfortunately I was not in attendance yesterday; I just jump into the VFL threads when I'm not at the game to add some atmosphere as the updates or coverage roles in (save for when we're on TV).

That being said, Jeremias, can tell you straight up we'd be paying overs for Dale and Webb unless something's gone horrible wrong with their bodies in the last 6 months, while Hrovat has had recurring ankle issues.

Honeychurch lacks the necessary combination of size and speed to play his game at the next level long-term, but if they delist him I wouldn't say no to a one-year deal given the back end of our list. Regularly prominent at VFL level and judging by the commentary he was racking them up.

Who does McKay play like? Physically he resembles Gold Coast's Tom Lynch. Really good showing in his first full hit out.

That's as good a comparison as you will find.

He does have an aura about him also. Just one of those intangibles, but he forces you to watch him.

Cunningham/DVR weren't horrible, just missing when it counted. Footscray came at them hard late in the third/for most of the last quarter, run had completely dried up from the guys that had given them plenty at the start (Tutt, Gowers, Wilson), and when those 2 were getting their hands on it, they didn't look tired, still had plenty of zip, just nowhere near the footy. Viojo impressed with a bit of poise in the last few minutes with the game on the line. I'd be happy to give him a game at the end of the year (Viojo), but think the cards may be marked.

Foster was OK - just no real obvious match up.

Think the Lynch comparison is quite fair for McKay - maybe a bit of Joe Daniher in terms of how good he is when the balls on the deck. I'd be happy to give him another week and let Everitt play for a contract or Jaksch to get some confidence. Realistically he played most of the day on either no opponent at all, or one half his size. Cynically, I'd rather bring him in for the Saints or Melbourne home games, where it may be beneficial to the gate takings/attendance.

cunningham had zero effect, is an outside player as is DVR both run on and the outside and wait for the rest to do all the hard yards ...
foster tries hard.
i rechon bye bye DVR & FOSTER..cunningham a waste of a pic

For sure........but what do you think of Cuningham? :)

Looked anything but a waste of a pick through the pre-season, before injury.....the in-season one.
Has ample tools to make it within a proper structure. I'm buoyant.

cunningham had zero effect, is an outside player as is DVR both run on the outside and wait for the rest to do all the hard yards ...

foster tries hard.

i rechon bye bye DVR & FOSTER..cunningham a waste of a pick.

mckay is ready now

$2 in the Cuningham jar thanks .......

Tell us what you really think of Cuningham!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cunningham had zero effect, is an outside player as is DVR both run on the outside and wait for the rest to do all the hard yards ...

foster tries hard.

mckay is ready now

Cuningham the first year player coming back from hip surgery?

The same Cuningham who has played all of 5 and a half games of VFL?

Seriously mate, get some perspective.

foster tries hard.

mckay is ready now

Saw the goal on the highlights..my goodness gracious me..draft certainty?
Did you go... or?

Your posts definitely give Hisham every chance to be noticed by those who just scour BigFooty when recruiting players, ie. no one.

Bloody hell!! Who is Korcheck?? I'm not too up to speed with the VFL however that is a ripping grab. Is he a rookie or purely on the Northern list?

Thanks Aph, so what's the go, is that like a normal rookie in terms of elevating to get a senior game?

I am a rookie with this rookie business hence I turn to the enlightened and smart Carlton BF community.

Not too sure but I think they can be an Int Rookie for 2 years then get moved onto the rookie? list.

zeeCFC would be the best to answer that for you.

Anyone that watched Korcheks kicking through the pre-season wouldn't have put a bottle-top up, for Big Matty to kick this goal.
He's come a long way and far better than I thought he may be faring at this stage.

Could be a bit of a surprise next year.

As I understand he missed a shot from the same position in the pre-game warm up. ;).

A few of the players were none to confident about him nailing the shot when he took the mark in the last quarter. :p

What was pleasing was seeing the boys get around him after he kicked it. :D

I was also pleased to see Kye Declasse get amongst it.

Is he a rough chance for a rookie spot next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back