2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole Northern setup needs to be looked at. Not necessarily becoming standalone (which it is supposedly the nature of the current deal anyway), but every contract and budget in the joint needs to be scrutinised.

The Knights have only finished in the TAC finals once in the last 6 years, and have been bottom two virtually every other year in terms of the TAC (12 teams), including one year where the NSW/ACT team had more wins than them.

I'm not sure there's been a worse performer at TAC level, and probably only Frankston have been worse than us over the last 6 years in the VFL.

It helps the teams in the Calder/western and Eastern catchments that they have what I see as the two strongest local footy leagues. On top of this huge growth in those areas in the last 10 years.

The northern knights catchment zone in the last 3 or do years has been booming in terms of population growth and new families but that will take quite a while to filter to the football side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to do a match report but there is nothing really to say. Tutt was excellent but the rest of our AFL listed players were well beaten by their VFL opponents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back