2nds Northern Blues 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

From BigGartos @ TalkingCarlton:

KJ a good second half but not enough of the heavy lifting early.
SoSoS - see my earlier reports and he became a real threat as game wore on.
Gowers - rookie? Always been a fan but he was , to quote Yabby Jeans, "a good driver in heavy traffic".
Best game I've ever seen from Whiley.
But the standout was Philips. Absolutely dominant , especially second half. Brilliant ruck work, ver effective link and forward play.

They're making Jaksch earn his spot and he keeps delivering in the VFL, hard to read from the outside, but you'd think that would be a huge improvement on the mental side of things. Think Gorringe will have to have a blinder to keep KJ out of the team against the Giants. As for SOS, I reckon a debut against Collingwood is what is shaping up and I can not wait.

Peter Jackson VFL 2016

Box Hill Hawks 4.2 5.3 7.4 10.7 (67)
Northern Blues 2.2 4.5 10.9 15.13 (103)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Willsmore 3 Webster 2 Miles 2 Iles Jones Brolic
Northern Blues: Silvagni 4 Jaksch 4 Buckley 2 Jones 2 Phillips Ballard Kerbatieh

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Lovell Iles O'Rourke Willsmore Kidd Brand
Northern Blues: Phillips Jones Whiley Gowers Dick Tutt

Phillips apparently dominated. Whiley continues to get good numbers. Gowers showing improvement last two games. Jaksch & SOS performing well together in forward line.

Peter Jackson VFL 2016

Box Hill Hawks 4.2 5.3 7.4 10.7 (67)
Northern Blues 2.2 4.5 10.9 15.13 (103)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Willsmore 3 Webster 2 Miles 2 Iles Jones Brolic
Northern Blues: Silvagni 4 Jaksch 4 Buckley 2 Jones 2 Phillips Ballard Kerbatieh

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Lovell Iles O'Rourke Willsmore Kidd Brand
Northern Blues: Phillips Jones Whiley Gowers Dick Tutt

Phillips apparently dominated. Whiley continues to get good numbers. Gowers showing improvement last two games. Jaksch & SOS performing well together in forward line.
from a few reports, sounds like Phillips was BOG

What role is SOSOS playing in the NB forward line? And when he gets his call up how do people think he will fit in to the ones?

I seriously can't believe the transformation that has swept through the club in such a short period of time. I was this time last year saying that we were looking to go through as bad a period as Melbourne have, now through astute trading, player development and new coaching staff the club is as good a position I've seen in a very long time. Future looking very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously can't believe the transformation that has swept through the club in such a short period of time. I was this time last year saying that we were looking to go through as bad a period as Melbourne have, now through astute trading, player development and new coaching staff the club is as good a position I've seen in a very long time. Future looking very good.
'We can't get too high or too low. We have to maintain equilibrium'

Phillips could be a beauty for us.
Loved what I've seen of him and I feel he has the right balance of self-confidence about him.

Surprised he played that well in what may have been, trying conditions.

i really rate him. be interesting to see what bolts does. i dont think he & kruezer work well in the same side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back