Now the Herald-Sun have a secret tape of Hird, Corcoran, Bomber et al?

Remove this Banner Ad

The bigger question is why they waited until 6 days after the interim report to discuss finding out the truth? Little is right, it's a bit late at that point. I wouldn't put much thought into that comment. Bomber was the one recording and feigning interest in getting the bottom (loved the bang on the table for effect). It was a throw away line. Why wouldn't you trust ASADA to find out the truth through their investigation?

This was one of their issues - initially they did put faith in ASADA to investigate. But then ASADA shafted them by sending an incomplete investigation to the AFL (interim report) so the afl could punish EFC without the nations anti doping body even determining if an anti doping crime had been committed.

Personally I think Essendon wants this gone as much as anyone.

All this is going to do is derail the first ''clean'' season we have had in 5 years.

Sigh...
yeah, one thing thats almost certain is this wasnt released by people who are currently at the club.
You mean EFC not recording their program.
I mean the person who actually ran the program, gave the injections. You know, the only person in a position to record it

Please

The players knew exactly what they were taking I have no sympathy for any of them.
Have'nt you noticed that EFC have NOT been proven guilty of taking anything illegal!? Tests were sent to the highest drug testing lab in the world, Cologne. Nothing to see here boys!
The AFL and ASADA(Australian Government Agency) had nothing. Cleared. Then it goes to CAS. And another country's laws decided something went on so 'you're gone'. Fair dinkum, what a joke!
"We reckon you did it! Prove you didn't!" What the? How can you prove you didn't if you didn't? It's weird!!!!!!!! How can you show records of impropriety if they don't exist?
I hear someone say well show us something!!! I say open every clubs books for the last 5 years! Now that'd be a good read OR lack of reading!
BTW, was the interaction of the AFL with ASADA a Federal Offence with a possible 2 year stint in jail!
Hello Andy!

Move on!!
I love it. It's the gift that keeps on giving.
I hope this saga out runs Days of our Lives.

I don't. This is becoming bizarre at this point.

Those involved have worn the consequences. Whether you consider the consequences too little or too severe, the consequences have been served. It's time to get on and play football.

I've seen people quote Vlad about the AFL not injecting anybody. Neither did the Essendon members and supporters, so bear that in mind. The constant dragging up of the same issues eventually needs to stop, if for no other reasons than that good of the game.

There will be no more punishments put on Essendon for the supplements program and the players won't get their year back. All this crap driven by the lunatic fringe with the ban players for life or the justice for the 34 mob is just that, crap.

It's time now to let it die and move on.

Discuss drugs in sport for sure, discuss AFL management, discuss the operation of the code going forward. These are worthy discussions but it's time to let the past be the past.

My 2c

Have'nt you noticed that EFC have NOT been proven guilty of taking anything illegal!? Tests were sent to the highest drug testing lab in the world, Cologne. Nothing to see here boys!
The AFL and ASADA(Australian Government Agency) had nothing. Cleared. Then it goes to CAS. And another country's laws decided something went on so 'you're gone'. Fair dinkum, what a joke!
"We reckon you did it! Prove you didn't!" What the? How can you prove you didn't if you didn't? It's weird!!!!!!!! How can you show records of impropriety if they don't exist?
I hear someone say well show us something!!! I say open every clubs books for the last 5 years! Now that'd be a good read OR lack of reading!
BTW, was the interaction of the AFL with ASADA a Federal Offence with a possible 2 year stint in jail!
Hello Andy!
That's the thing though isn't it?
The other clubs have books to open.

I don't know about that.

Kitching is involved which is odd as she's Shorten to the core, and Shorten is Vic ALP and they are very tight with the AFL.

Hunt has been making noises but I suspect at some point someone will say "Ummm, you do realise that if this inquiry goes ahead, Ben McDevitt will front it and tear everybody apart. And the Crime Commission will probably get a run too, you DO NOT WANT TO GO THERE".

McDevitt tear everybody apart? LOL - the guy was hopeless when losing the original case and had to beg WADA to do a better job of prosecuting. He's a muppett

This was one of their issues - initially they did put faith in ASADA to investigate. But then ASADA shafted them by sending an incomplete investigation to the AFL (interim report) so the afl could punish EFC without the nations anti doping body even determining if an anti doping crime had been committed.

More like the AFL was going to go after EFC regardless, based on the information they collected themselves directly from the joint investigation, and demanded the information from ASADA.

ASADA in providing the AFL the interim report was caught between a rock and a hard place, do nothing and have evidence rendered potentially useless or provide an interim report and try to limit the damage.

yeah, one thing thats almost certain is this wasnt released by people who are currently at the club.

I mean the person who actually ran the program, gave the injections. You know, the only person in a position to record it
Ah yes , now I see.The guy employed by EFC to facillitate the illegal doping program but nothing to do with the club. Dank did not record program therefore is not EFC fault. EFC allowed an unqualified person to inject unknown substances not fit for human use but EFC are not accountable????

I don't. This is becoming bizarre at this point.

Those involved have worn the consequences. Whether you consider the consequences too little or too severe, the consequences have been served. It's time to get on and play football.

I've seen people quote Vlad about the AFL not injecting anybody. Neither did the Essendon members and supporters, so bear that in mind. The constant dragging up of the same issues eventually needs to stop, if for no other reasons than that good of the game.

There will be no more punishments put on Essendon for the supplements program and the players won't get their year back. All this crap driven by the lunatic fringe with the ban players for life or the justice for the 34 mob is just that, crap.

It's time now to let it die and move on.

Discuss drugs in sport for sure, discuss AFL management, discuss the operation of the code going forward. These are worthy discussions but it's time to let the past be the past.

My 2c
Well said.
However, I don't begrudge those implicated and punished to express their dissatisfaction. That's their right. If you consider yourself in the same position I can understand. They have quite possibly been 'screwed wrongly'. If wrongly I accept their desire to pursue justice.

McDevitt tear everybody apart? LOL - the guy was hopeless when losing the original case and had to beg WADA to do a better job of prosecuting. He's a muppett
or maybe he was dissatisfied with how the AFL tribunal came to their decision after seeing how Gil and Essendon seemed to be on the same page about getting the Essendon players off. He thought it would be best to take it to the professionals to sort out.

Complete conjecture stated as fact. Also, in your hypothetical, all the clubs who allegedly did the same as EFC did get the same treatment, the AFL swept it under the carpet. Because your club was hostage to an egomaniac they ****** it up.

Remember that time Geelong said they never ordered any drugs from Dank. Next minute oh hang on they did order some drugs from the Ukraine through Dank...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Andy!

Reminds me of those US survivalist forum postings. ITS AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!

Ah yes , now I see.The guy employed by EFC to facillitate the illegal doping program but nothing to do with the club. Dank did not record program therefore is not EFC fault. EFC allowed an unqualified person to inject unknown substances not fit for human use but EFC are not accountable????
no you dont see at all. I never said this had nothing to do with the club or it wasnt their fault. I was answering a question about where the records were and why they were shredded. They were never kept in the first place. The reason we know this is Dank openly admitted he didnt believe keeping records was his responsibility despite being the only person in the position to do it accurately.

Maybe there was only one AFL club cropping up regularly in Australian Crime Commission investigations that were relating to PEDs...

Maybe there was only one club that self reported drug infractions after being tipped off by the friendly and corrupt AFL (which Hird tried to use against the AFL).

No let's stick with EFC being singled out unfairly and being a victim...sure...

That is simply not true - Nathan Bock was administered a banned substance by Dean Robinson at Gold Coast FC. Melbourne FC used Dank to run a program including AOD9604 and thymomodulin.

The AFL officials who gave evidence at CAS didn't help the players one iota

Except to try and find them not guilty. Once CAS got their hands on it the AFL were screwed, they weren't able to do their routine actions of sweeping it under the carpet. CAS has no emotional attachment to the code or players so they were judged by the their and Essendon's actions, nothing else. To blame the AFL for that is futile.

I can understand in some regards EFC supporters being miffed at the AFL, in another regard I cant expect them to cover up an offence being investigated by an independent organisation ( they would if they could)
I just don't get the denying and deflection though, the pointing the bone at other clubs does not mitigate EFCs bahaviour.

Enough to make your blood continue to boil. Amazing that Gil went on to take the top job, whilst club, players and Hird got screwed. When is the "Senate inquiry into the conduct of the AFL and ASADA" going to happen?

Getting penalized tends to happen when you shoot up the offerings of this guy.

1399118400330.jpg

Why is it so many Essendon fans cut this guy a break and go looking for the messenger to shoot?

no you dont see at all. I never said this had nothing to do with the club or it wasnt their fault. I was answering a question about where the records were and why they were shredded. They were never kept in the first place. The reason we know this is Dank openly admitted he didnt believe keeping records was his responsibility despite being the only person in the position to do it accurately.
I do see. EFC are 100% responsible for what Dank did.
Their inability to have have a system that ensured checks and balances to ensure no line was crossed , the mismanagement ,the blind trust in Hirdy, the whatever it takes attitude
All EFCs doing and total responsibility.

I can understand in some regards EFC supporters being miffed at the AFL, in another regard I cant expect them to cover up an offence being investigated by an independent organisation ( they would if they could)
I just don't get the denying and deflection though, the pointing the bone at other clubs does not mitigate EFCs bahaviour.
I think the club are miffed the AFL insisted on being so heavily involved rather than letting ASADA handle the investigation without AFL interference. Yes the AFL were trying to protect Essendon, but in the end they had no capacity to and only made empty promises.

However, you'd have to be pretty stupid to think the club are behind this leak. This leak comes from someone who was in the meeting, and none of them currently work for Essendon

That's the thing though isn't it?
The other clubs have books to open.
Good then let's have the AFL investigate all clubs over the last 5. That will qualify the validity of 'the books'.
Surely, after the SAGA that would be the right approach? Not if they might find more troubles. Maybe even things that might result in 'positive tests' that would be confirmed! Blood samples are kept. No denying positive results should they arise! They didn't for Essendon. Would other clubs be confident???

I do see. EFC are 100% responsible for what Dank did.
Their inability to have have a system that ensured checks and balances to ensure no line was crossed , the mismanagement ,the blind trust in Hirdy, the whatever it takes attitude
All EFCs doing and total responsibility.
Im not arguing about who was responsible, Im answering why records werent kept. Essendon were at fault for not supervising Dank adequately, but talks of shredding ignore Dank's own admissions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back