NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a question... where did the little fella at Hawthorn, Nick Watson, play his junior footy?

From what can be seen on social media, there's about 3 or 4 EFNL clubs claiming him as their player šŸ¤£

Always happens. A mate who got rookied at sydney, played a few games for the dogs had about 3 or 4 teams he'd played for put their hand up,eligible for some kinda grant if they play a game you'd think

Always happens. A mate who got rookied at sydney, played a few games for the dogs had about 3 or 4 teams he'd played for put their hand up,eligible for some kinda grant if they play a game you'd think
Not any more unfortunately. Junior clubs don't get a cracker for having a player drafted

Good transfer in for Doncaster East, former St Kilda player Ed Phillips. Is at Box Hill Hawks so wonā€™t play much. But looks like another who has been lured by the amazing culture at DE.
Ex Beverley Hills junior handy 1 point player for East.

Think your last line is naive in this instance. Family were very much entrenched in the junior club.

This junior club puts some highly lauded EFL junior set ups back in their box for numbers of those drafted.

Hearing Beau Mitchener has let Templestowe know he wont be playing with them anymore and has join Kilsyth. Templestowe has apparently agreed to release him.

Huge pick up for Kilsyth. He's going to take the piss in Div 4.

In good news for other div 4 teams looks like this has fallen over.

Needed to be a deal struck between the two clubs. Kilsyth reluctant to do the deal as it stands, as player cant confirm his total commitment due to family and work.

Kilsyth haven't given up hope of a mid season type recruit depending on how things are looking for both clubs.

Think your last line is naive in this instance. Family were very much entrenched in the junior club.

This junior club puts some highly lauded EFL junior set ups back in their box for numbers of those drafted.

Fair enough, my bad.

Hoenstly though, can't say I feel too silly about my assumption given the way they operate.

So entrenched that his Dad was President for a while

I just got back from a terrific BBQ at Wonga Park. While there I heard this from someone who plays cricket at Croydon North. Well, itā€™s a name I never thought I would see again. The ā€œgreatā€ Danny Casset has signed up for his 61st club. Apparently the Wooly Jumpers, Croydon North MLOC have signed him for the coming season!!!!!!!! Why?
At 52 you would have to wonder how he will go. No more high flying speccys in the goal square you would imagine. I would have thought he would have finally retired.
I guess it will get a few people along just to see what sort of shape heā€™s in.
Not sure if Frankie will be making an appearance!

Further reading from some time ago for anyone not familiar with Danny.
https://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2010-04-07/casset-records-straight/

Return of the Love Rat !

My brother played a premiership season with him at St Kilda City years ago, interesting character

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backing local talentā€¦ get your hand off it fellas, you won the grand final with 37 points, significantly higher than bloody South Belgrave

Time to start the season, a few clubs need to loosen the pre-season grip they have on themselves! šŸ˜‚

Backing local talentā€¦ get your hand off it fellas, you won the grand final with 37 points, significantly higher than bloody South Belgrave

Time to start the season, a few clubs need to loosen the pre-season grip they have on themselves! šŸ˜‚

Ferntree Gully is reasonably local to Mitcham isnt it?

Pleaseā€¦ Mitcham was no better than most and the mention about local talentā€¦

Nick Hallo was offered significant coin at the start of the 2023 season to move there from The Basin. He certainly didnā€™t go there as a local.

I wish clubs would stop writing this claptrap.

Dales battled hard and were with Boronia for the first half

Begley kicked a bag and they ran away from us in the second half, hes going to be a handful for comps backmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back