NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly, on the VAFA forum they are saying that Blackburn's ruckman is transferring to Xav's now that EFNL has cancelled the season.
He is described as the EFNL's top ruckman. I wouldn't say he is the best ruckman in the comp, but Lachie Howe did play really well in last years GF.

Howe is pretty handy cliff. Hopefully if true the deal is he comes back when EFNL returns. Agree with your comments on the other post too. Essentially clubs will have 2 faces here - must run juniors for fear of having to refund fees

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Interestingly, on the VAFA forum they are saying that Blackburn's ruckman is transferring to Xav's now that EFNL has cancelled the season.
He is described as the EFNL's top ruckman. I wouldn't say he is the best ruckman in the comp, but Lachie Howe did play really well in last years GF.

he was their best player

I can’t believe some people have been so critical and derisive of anyone who has said, or even hinted that the season should be cancelled.

Since competitions have cancelled their season they have continued to be highly critical of the League's decision.

They don’t seem to comprehend just what is at stake for clubs. If you make a decision and it’s wrong and you play and things are not successful, then that could be the end of your club. No more club. That's the reality of the current situation.

It’s easy to be a keyboard cowboy and make lots of statements telling everyone what clubs should do without any regard to the consequences, just because you would like to watch footy on the weekend..

Anyone critical about club’s not playing, simply name your club, put up your house for collateral and if they fail; sell your house and give them the money for their survival. Because that is akin to the reality of the what people making the decisions for your club have to decide.

Strangely Cliff those that have been the most critical have generally floated over from other boards. Not sure why they feel the need to venture to these parts.

EFL will be back stronger & better in 2021 with all clubs in tact. Let’s hope a few other metro leagues do get off the ground. EFL recruiters will be out in droves 😀 show us your best.

Funnily enough there are still 4 leagues left who are happy to wait...doesn’t sit well with me if only a few leagues play on. The transfers/players demanding to move for half a year will be a complete sh** storm.

Clubs who would die from a season with reduced crowds and no player payments must be in pretty bad financial shape to begin with.

The clubs I’ve been involved with in the past have always had a nest egg and run to ensure enough profit for a rainy day or bad season.

Aa for coming back bigger and stronger, yeah sure, except for the players lost to other comps who were willing to do the hard work and players flock to this season won’t be back.

Clubs who would die from a season with reduced crowds and no player payments must be in pretty bad financial shape to begin with.

The clubs I’ve been involved with in the past have always had a nest egg and run to ensure enough profit for a rainy day or bad season.

Aa for coming back bigger and stronger, yeah sure, except for the players lost to other comps who were willing to do the hard work and players flock to this season won’t be back.
Clubs with reduced gate takings will suffer no matter how much they have in the bank.
If players leave because all they want is money, are these the sort of players you want at your club?
If what you say will will happen, (and it's not very clear what you mean) then clubs will be better off in the long run.

Name your club and put your house up for collateral..

Last edited:

Your running with hypotheticals there aren’t you? Can’t recall any leagues been given the green light and a start date? Still a long long way off from any comp getting up and running

Clubs with reduced gate takings will suffer no matter how much they have in the bank.
If players leave because all they want is money, are these the sort of players you want at your club?
If you say will what will happen, (and it's not very clear what you mean) then clubs will be better off in the long run.

Put your house up.

If players are going to leave for the VAFA and EDFL ( zero salary cap) then players are leaving to continue to play the game they love and not for the money. They are the exact players you want at your club and you may be letting them slip through your fingers.

If players are going to leave for the VAFA and EDFL ( zero salary cap) then players are leaving to continue to play the game they love and not for the money. They are the exact players you want at your club and you may be letting them slip through your fingers.
Did I say that. I don't believe so.
"If players leave because all they want is money".
Which EFNL Club do you support?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If what you say will will happen, (and it's not very clear what you mean) then clubs will be better off in the long run.

Name your club and put your house up for collateral..

No one is leaving for money in 2020, they are leaving to play football because they love the game.

The leagues that go ahead will be playing for nothing and if the EFL wasnt prepared to play for nothing then it says a lot about the league and it’s clubs. Was it an option for zero player payments?

My club is fine financially and is still preparing for a successful 2020 season as it wants to play, unlike the EFL premier clubs.

Your running with hypotheticals there aren’t you? Can’t recall any leagues been given the green light and a start date? Still a long long way off from any comp getting up and running

Well given venues will be allowed 100 people indoors by mid July, there is a very strong probability that outdoor gatherings such as football matches should be allowed by then. Plenty of time to get a half season in.

Junior competions have already set July 12th as their start date and the VAFA were targeting that weekend also with a start date any time by August 1st enough time for a 9 week season and 3 week finals.

I’d rather play than spend the next 5 months sitting inside waiting for cricket season.

No one is leaving for money in 2020, they are leaving to play football because they love the game.

The leagues that go ahead will be playing for nothing and if the EFL wasnt prepared to play for nothing then it says a lot about the league and it’s clubs. Was it an option for zero player payments?

My club is fine financially and is still preparing for a successful 2020 season as it wants to play, unlike the EFL premier clubs.
Who is your club?
Have you put up a lot of money on sign on's and need to play to get your money back?
Put your house up on another club, in another competition that plays for nothing and if they fold give them your house.
It's easy to say all those things without consequences.
Don't be surprised if more comps pull out.

Well given venues will be allowed 100 people indoors by mid July, there is a very strong probability that outdoor gatherings such as football matches should be allowed by then. Plenty of time to get a half season in.

Junior competions have already set July 12th as their start date and the VAFA were targeting that weekend also with a start date any time by August 1st enough time for a 9 week season and 3 week finals.

I’d rather play than spend the next 5 months sitting inside waiting for cricket season.
At the moment they are at 20 people training with zero contact and you expect in 5 weeks time they will allow 100 at training and full contact games? Will allow 300-400 people outside to watch a football game? 100 in restaurants, cafes, bars with lots of restrictions is a hell of a lot different to a local football setting. VAFA can have any date in mind right now, but it means absolutely nothing if the health minister disagrees and they can’t demonstrate how they will keep up social distancing in a public area like a football ground. Hey good luck to them, but can’t see it happening. I reckon EDFL will be the next to fall!

At the moment they are at 20 people training with zero contact and you expect in 5 weeks time they will allow 100 at training and full contact games? Will allow 300-400 people outside to watch a football game? 100 in restaurants, cafes, bars with lots of restrictions is a hell of a lot different to a local football setting. VAFA can have any date in mind right now, but it means absolutely nothing if the health minister disagrees and they can’t demonstrate how they will keep up social distancing in a public area like a football ground. Hey good luck to them, but can’t see it happening. I reckon EDFL will be the next to fall!

Well the Premier today has thrown his support behind an outdoor gathering of over 15,000 this weekend so is it really that far fetched we’ll be allowed to have a couple of hundred at a football game in 6 weeks? 6 weeks ago we were in massive lockdowns with a premier trying to keep us locked up for 6 months with no outdoor recreational activities allowed. Now training has been allowed for 2 weeks and golf etc are allowed again.

Of course Dans protest may achieve what he truly wants, mass outbreaks and a return to full lockdown, but if it doesn’t what reason could he provide for refusing local sport? If 15.000 can gather without issue then football should be safe.

Who is your club?
Have you put up a lot of money on sign on's and need to play to get your money back?
Put your house up on another club, in another competition that plays for nothing and if they fold give them your house.
It's easy to say all those things without consequences.
Don't be surprised if more comps pull out.

Id happily put my house up for a club in the Ammos, but they don’t need it as they are financially viable and will be viable playing in 2020

1. Where did you hear that venues will be allowed 100 people indoors by mid July?
2.Yeah, you are correct junior comps will play, but thanks for the timeline,
3. Unfortunately, it looks like you won't get to play this year unless you transfer to another comp. Good luck.

Id happily put my house up for a club in the Ammos, but they don’t need it as they are financially viable and will be viable playing in 2020
No crap. It's easy to say. Put your house on the line. If as you say it won't happen then you should have no problem. Do it.
I'm happy to witness any signings.
Who do I sign you in as, Donald Trump?

Last edited:
1. Where did you hear that venues will be allowed 100 people indoors by mid July?
2.Yeah, you are correct junior comps will play, but thanks for the timeline,
3. Unfortunately, it looks like you won't get to play this year unless you transfer to another comp. Good luck.

The governments announcement of lifting of restrictions, was 20 people, then 50 on June 22 and 100 by mid July was the Governments aim. Which is another major change. Just 3 weeks ago the government couldn’t make any announcements ahead of time but now they can announce the next 2 months of plans, amazing.

No crap. It's easy to say. Put your house on the line. If as you say it won't happen then you should have no problem. Do it.
I'm happy to witness any signings.

Have you ever been involved in an ammo club? Their total turnover is less than the EFLs salary cap, it’s a very different organisation and they don’t have gate fees as they don’t need them to survive.

Then it's all really easy, sign over your house Donald.
Or better still nick off to the politics forum.

Last edited:
Explain your reckoning because I can't see that happening.
But, whatever does happen, we will still be there next season, with money in the bank, new lights and night games.
Hey Cliff I was having a laugh as by the persons comments I struggled with how you can be relegated without playing a game. The Rams have turned the corner and the haters will always hate.

Players going to the Ammos for the love of the game? You are taking the piss!! Sure Ammos don't pay cash direct to a player but they do have incentives that get players and retain players at their clubs. The higher the level in the Ammos the higher incentive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back