NOW to sometime later in the year (maybe) - Talk about anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be a guessing game as to the strength of sides after the Covid debacle, no idea what to expect in Div 1

Think Mooroolbark should go into the season stronger than 2019 unless father time has caught up with the likes of Wright, Georgiou and Polky etc

From the outside the new rooms/social rooms look awesome at Heathmont plus the ground surface I saw 3 weeks back.What is so good for EFNL footy are all these ground surface upgrades plus rooms in the last couple of years.Was impressed with that bottom ground at Norwood in 2019 as well.

Well it is now official Cliff.Walker Park has been voted as the best ground in the EFNL and we now have the bragging rights as the premier ground in EFNL Footy.lol.I have been telling you for ever Walker Park is the MCG of the EAST.

Well it is now official Cliff.Walker Park has been voted as the best ground in the EFNL and we now have the bragging rights as the premier ground in EFNL Footy.lol.I have been telling you for ever Walker Park is the MCG of the EAST.

Can’t get more official than that. You must have RSI G, give those fingers a rest now old mate.

Not at Silvan anymore?

to be perfectly honest I just threw out names of some guys I’d played juniors/18s with there having completely forgotten he’d left:D
(but basically as it stands their recruits add more than any players who have left so unless some older guys go backwards the team should be better)

Fingers,lol lets say finger.A bit of worry for you I would think at the end of November no photos from Cliff of the new rooms at Morton Park or the new cricket nets at Walker Park.

Congrats tigers. Can’t say I agree mitcham best of all efl as too small for my liking. Great deck and atmosphere though.

Shall try and get photo of new rooms tonight (cricket training) - really progressing well now and looking mint

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I go away for a couple of weeks and you rig a survey by voting a zillion times and wear out your finger is that it?
Gee, if it is the best ground then obviously it will get the Div 1 GF.
Great ground for cricket, but it always felt a bit small playing footy on it. Where will the car park be GMac, is it the one that will be built for the Art Centre?

Last edited:
I go away for a couple of weeks and you rig a survey by voting a zillion times and wear out your finger is that it?
Gee, if it is the best ground then obviously it will get the Div 1 GF.
Great ground for cricket, but it always felt a bit small playing footy on it. Where will the car park be GMac, is it the one that will be built for the Art Centre?

Will be the car park built for the Arts Centre,300 car spaces (free which is surprising) and built behind the police station.Would think a D1 grand final would be better at Mitcham then Boronia but you would think finals would return to WP 2021.PS Only 1 vote per person allowed. As for size of grounds I would like the EFNL to look at 16 players a side,take out the wings and stop this flooding into sides forward lines.In EFNL Premier for example we have Balwyn,Blackburn and Vermont all grounds similar sides to Mitcham if not smaller.Even on a big ground it is going to open up the games more.

Last edited:
Will be the car park built for the Arts Centre,300 car spaces (free which is surprising) and built behind the police station.Would think a D1 grand final would be better at Mitcham then Boronia but you would think finals would return to WP 2021.PS Only 1 vote per person allowed. As for size of grounds I would like the EFNL to look at 16 players a side,take out the wings and stop this flooding into sides forward lines.In EFNL Premier for example we have Balwyn,Blackburn and Vermont all grounds similar sides to Mitcham if not smaller.Even on a big ground it is going to open up the games more.
I would be surprised if it was completely free parking. From my questions I have been told; Free parking is for Arts centre patrons, council enquiries. payments , etc. some library users. They are worried that people will use the parking spots during the day. The fear is that people will park there and walk to the train station.
If there is an Arts Centre performance or program during the week or weekend parking will be free as long as you have your ticket. You should check the fine details with your mate Ben.
No real argument with 16 a side. Been a fan since the VFA days. But do you see congestion as a problem in the EFNL?
I haven't noticed it really. Much less congestion and kicking backwards in 2019 (though it was a long time ago). Great for smaller grounds like Mitcham, Blackburn, Vermont etc. Not sure how it would go on Ringwood. You would have to move the boundaries in a long way.
The only real down side I could see is that less people would get to play footy each week. Lets say 40 teams in the EFNL, that means that as 4 players from each club miss out (1's & 2's), thats 160 people each week (around 8 extra teams). A lot less money coming into the EFNL, so I can't see it happening any time soon.
If you used a VPN then in theory you could vote as often as you like in any survey. It might be that only Mitcham supporters use FB.
I guess we will see the EFNL's view on reality when they allocate finals grounds in 2021.

I would be surprised if it was completely free parking. From my questions I have been told; Free parking is for Arts centre patrons, council enquiries. payments , etc. some library users. They are worried that people will use the parking spots during the day. The fear is that people will park there and walk to the train station.
If there is an Arts Centre performance or program during the week or weekend parking will be free as long as you have your ticket. You should check the fine details with your mate Ben.
No real argument with 16 a side. Been a fan since the VFA days. But do you see congestion as a problem in the EFNL?
I haven't noticed it really. Much less congestion and kicking backwards in 2019 (though it was a long time ago). Great for smaller grounds like Mitcham, Blackburn, Vermont etc. Not sure how it would go on Ringwood. You would have to move the boundaries in a long way.
The only real down side I could see is that less people would get to play footy each week. Lets say 40 teams in the EFNL, that means that as 4 players from each club miss out (1's & 2's), thats 160 people each week (around 8 extra teams). A lot less money coming into the EFNL, so I can't see it happening any time soon.
If you used a VPN then in theory you could vote as often as you like in any survey. It might be that only Mitcham supporters use FB.
I guess we will see the EFNL's view on reality when they allocate finals grounds in 2021.

16 a side,6 on the bench same as 2,s.No issues with playing 16 a side at Ringwood,lets make it kicking backwards play on while we are there.Lets stops this spare man on the back line and open up the game which could bring back the 100 goal full forwards again. Car parking in the new Arts centre car park.Why would people use that when there is a similar car park being built at Mitcham station plus a bit of a walk from Nunawading to Walker Park.

Last edited:
Next we will be wearing bibs & allocated areas within the ground. Really!!!

Take 5 minutes away from the infrastructure jerk fest & then look at the scores for the last 10 rounds in Premier 2019. Then perhaps reconsider this non issue.

Some of you blokes need to actually watch a local game now & then. Granted that was difficult in 2020.:cool:

Merry Christmas GMac. A present for you from my Dad's photo collection.
Mitcham001.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope G has a large bucket of disinfectant. Mitcham the epicentre of covid in Melbourne let alone the EFL & we don’t need a rigged vote for that.

Stay safe old mate & let’s hope this passes over quickly & safely.

Would recommend you look at the number of posters that post on this site compared to EDFL FB .Phi Merton mentioned this to me EFL Forum days.Would recommend you join FB and nominate Walker Park as the EFNL Best Ground which is a current competition the EFNL are running.lol Lets see how many posts I get for this post,Big Footy EFNL is dead,FB EFNL is alive.Perhaps Cliff you do not use FB because you have to use your own name on FB and you haVe to post under your own name,lol
This is why GMac. It would be much easier if they said what information on you they don't collect.
image_2021-01-08_193843.png

Extracts from Donald Trump’s report cards.

"Since my last report, this student has reached rock bottom and has started to dig."

"His friends would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity."

"I would not allow this student to breed."

"Works well when under constant supervision and cornered like a rat in a trap."

"When he opens his mouth, it seems that it is only to change feet."

"He would be out of his depth in a parking lot puddle."

"This young man has delusions of adequacy."

“He sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them."

"This student is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot."

"This student should go far, and the sooner he starts, the better."

"Got a full 6-pack, but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together."

"A gross ignoramus -- 144 times worse than an ordinary ignoramus."

"He doesn't have ulcers, he's a carrier."

"I would like to go hunting with him sometime."

"He's been working with glue too much."

"He would argue with a signpost."

"He has a knack for making strangers immediately."

"He brings a lot of joy whenever he leaves the room."

"When his I.Q. reaches 50 we should sell."

"If you see two people talking and one looks bored, he's the other one."

"A photographic memory but with the lens cover glued on."

"A prime candidate for natural deselection."

"Donated his brain to science before he was done using it."

"Gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming."

"Has two brains: one is lost and the other is out looking for it."

"If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week."

"If you give him a penny for his thoughts, you'd get change."

"If you stand close enough to him, you can hear the ocean."

"It's hard to believe that he beat out 1,000,000 other sperm."

"One neuron short of a synapse."

"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge; he only gargled."

"Takes him 1 1/2 hours to watch 60 minutes."

"The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead."

Hey Bob, if only Doncaster and Vermont could get a ground.
I notice Mick Gillin is at Doncaster. If it's the Mick Gillin I know, get very friendly, his brother owns a brewery at Phillip Island.
If it is don't let him lie down on the wooden seats around the side of the rooms or he will be there all night.

Hey Bob, if only Doncaster and Vermont could get a ground.
I notice Mick Gillin is at Doncaster. If it's the Mick Gillin I know, get very friendly, his brother owns a brewery at Phillip Island.
If it is don't let him lie down on the wooden seats around the side of the rooms or he will be there all night.

Is this the Mick Gillin from Wantirna South,surely not.

Not like you Cliff to be so far behind. Mick came on board in late 2019.

As the salary cap hits ridiculous lows clubs are looking at other ways to improve. Hopefully one day some sort of sanity will prevail & a happy medium is reached.

Mick has been a breath of fresh air & his efforts are very much appreciated. Shame 2020 didn’t happen as the club would have been extremely competitive with their on & off season additions.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back