NTFL/TEAFA Thread 2009/10

Remove this Banner Ad

JDC!

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Use this thread to talk about upcoming season news in the Northern Territory Football League and the Top End Australian Football Association.

It will be an interesting season in the NTFL with new coaches and rules regarding the eligibilty of NTFC players playing for their local team. There have also been a few key players changing clubs.

Coaches:

Wanderers - Paul Motlop
Nightcliff - Mark Motlop
Southern Districts - Unknown
Waratah - Lincoln Withers
St Marys - Brenton Toy
Tiwi Bombers - Karl Gunderson
Palmerston - Russell Jeffrey
Darwin - Steven Stokes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The TEAFA Fosters A-grade will field six teams while the Coca-Cola reserves competition will have eight teams. Waratahs (A-grade) and Southern Districts (reserves) are new to the TEAFA while Combined Services will rejoin the A-grade competiton.

Godden won't be coaching Southern Districts next year as he was offered a SANFL coaching role.

Mago pretty much certain to coach Sth Districts this year!

Poor Mark Motlop at Nightcliff, All he's Katherine players pretty certain to move on after being snapped up by Wanderers. Liam Patrick, Stevie Andrews. Rex Issac all on the way with ex St Marys junior Lewis Roy. Add Relton Roberts, Peter Amarant also from the Katherine area already at Wanderers.

Former AFL star Russell Robertson may be playing for an NTFL club this season. He is in Darwin at the moment and is supposed to be having a meeting with Nightcliff soon.

Mago pretty much certain to coach Sth Districts this year!

Poor Mark Motlop at Nightcliff, All he's Katherine players pretty certain to move on after being snapped up by Wanderers. Liam Patrick, Stevie Andrews. Rex Issac all on the way with ex St Marys junior Lewis Roy. Add Relton Roberts, Peter Amarant also from the Katherine area already at Wanderers.

A handful of guys from Dunolly and other MCDFL clubs are heading up to Wanderers this year after Motlop, Karpany and a couple of other Wanderers came down for our season.

Any good?
What positions?

J Mac will be back again. He just won the league B&F down here and should be up for round 1 or 2.

Shannon's talking to the rest of the guys that he wants to come up. He has a pretty good idea who to take after playing this season with us and against various opponents.

Still early talk but there are a couple of handy players looking at heading up from around the league. I'll post once it all becomes a bit more definite.

J Mac will be back again. He just won the league B&F down here and should be up for round 1 or 2.

Shannon's talking to the rest of the guys that he wants to come up. He has a pretty good idea who to take after playing this season with us and against various opponents.

Still early talk but there are a couple of handy players looking at heading up from around the league. I'll post once it all becomes a bit more definite.

Wouldnt be too certain that there will be any from other clubs other than Dunolly heading up. While Dunolly have a great arrangement with Wanderers and need to supply players to continue it, most players that i have spoken to arent keen on going up just so Dunolly can recruit next year to play against them.
There are some that would like to go up and play but not to the Detrement of their home clubs.

Wouldnt be too certain that there will be any from other clubs other than Dunolly heading up. While Dunolly have a great arrangement with Wanderers and need to supply players to continue it, most players that i have spoken to arent keen on going up just so Dunolly can recruit next year to play against them.
There are some that would like to go up and play but not to the Detrement of their home clubs.

You know best. Wait and see I guess.

It looks as though Nightcliff have signed four ex North Adelaide players: Ryan McGahey, Matt Krieg, Josh Coulter and Brett White.

It looks as though Nightcliff have signed four ex North Adelaide players: Ryan McGahey, Matt Krieg, Josh Coulter and Brett White.

Also heard strong rumours of Darren Ewing and Cameron Betts crossing over to Sth Districts.

Round 1 starts this week and should be interesting to see where clubs are at.

Wanderers Vs Darwin Wanderers by 10+ Goals
Tiwi Bombers Vs St Marys Tiwi by 2 Goals
Nightcliff Vs Palmerston Palmo by 3 Goals
Sth Districts Vs Waratahs Sth Dist by 3 Goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also heard strong rumours of Darren Ewing and Cameron Betts crossing over to Sth Districts.

Round 1 starts this week and should be interesting to see where clubs are at.

Wanderers Vs Darwin Wanderers by 10+ Goals
Tiwi Bombers Vs St Marys Tiwi by 2 Goals
Nightcliff Vs Palmerston Palmo by 3 Goals
Sth Districts Vs Waratahs Sth Dist by 3 Goals

hard to tell, 1st game of the season is a lottery.

Saints will be at pretty much full power for Sat on Bathurst, including pretty much all their NT Thunder players.

My son made his debut for Darwin Buffs last night under lights at Marra and they got beaten by just under 10 goals by Wanderers.

He rang me after the match and said that he couldn't believe how fast the Koori boys are. The tempo of the game is a complete shock to him straight after playing a season of C Grade ammos in Adelaide.

My son made his debut for Darwin Buffs last night under lights at Marra and they got beaten by just under 10 goals by Wanderers.

He rang me after the match and said that he couldn't believe how fast the Koori boys are. The tempo of the game is a complete shock to him straight after playing a season of C Grade ammos in Adelaide.

We dont call them Koori down here mate, Alot of different tribes from all around NT make up the Aboriginal players in the comp.

Obviously you didn't mean to offend Sheik but you will upset many people by referring to NT blokes as Kooris.

Have the nth adl connection arrived yet, by trhe looks of the tigers result in r1....obviously not. Whilst i havent heard of McGahey what types of players are White, Coulter & Kreig !? position wise....

Palmerston belted Darwin by about 70 points last night.

The quality of some of the players currently getting a game of league footy up here in nearly every team is a joke.

I know its only early in the season but this is the worst standard of NTFL I have seen since I have been watching in 30 years.

fair comment Nt Bomber :thumbsu:

in fairness to the NTFL.. it is only round 2 and because of Thunder restrictions .. it does make it hard to watch and watching some players who are average at best getting a league game is laughable.... clubs will go local for the first 3-5 games while they continue to confirm southern recruits...

I spoke to Nightcliff player Aaron Motlop (last years club B&F winner) last week about the possibility of Ex-AFL (Jeff Farmer/Robertson, etc) & North Adelaide players flying in to play again for Nightcliff this year as previously reported... he said it doesn't look like happening unless they're willing to relocate for the season.. which will be tough on them as well due to their work and family commitments interstate. they will struggle this year after losing Nichol's Medallist Warren Berto to Palmerston and Club Legend John Bonson to Wanderers and their Katherine players to other clubs.. not to mention Aaron's out for the year with his knee and Thunder restrictions on Damien Roe, Marty Smith, Jackson Emblem & Jayden Kickett... dark times ahead... although they've signed Troy Parker & possibly Robbie Ahmat from Districts and still have Robbie Campbell & Thomas Motlop playing

Palmerston look good but not great.. Mishai Perry has kicked 13 goals in 2 games, although they've only played Nightcliff and Darwin :eek: heard rumors there recruits are coming in soon headlined by Peter Shepherd

Wanderers could be around the mark again... good core group of players, if they can keep Relton Roberts, Shannon Motlop, Jamie Scrmyjour & Brad Stephenson injury free.. they are a big chance for the flag

Will be hard to beat Saints this year - although the competition looks like it will be alot more competitive than in recent years.

Ladder Prediction:
St. Mary's
Waratahs
Wanderers
Tiwi
Palmerston
Sth Districts
Nightcliff
Darwin

now i'm a little tired after that spiel :p

fair comment Nt Bomber :thumbsu:

in fairness to the NTFL.. it is only round 2 and because of Thunder restrictions .. it does make it hard to watch and watching some players who are average at best getting a league game is laughable.... clubs will go local for the first 3-5 games while they continue to confirm southern recruits...

I spoke to Nightcliff player Aaron Motlop (last years club B&F winner) last week about the possibility of Ex-AFL (Jeff Farmer/Robertson, etc) & North Adelaide players flying in to play again for Nightcliff this year as previously reported... he said it doesn't look like happening unless they're willing to relocate for the season.. which will be tough on them as well due to their work and family commitments interstate. they will struggle this year after losing Nichol's Medallist Warren Berto to Palmerston and Club Legend John Bonson to Wanderers and their Katherine players to other clubs.. not to mention Aaron's out for the year with his knee and Thunder restrictions on Damien Roe, Marty Smith, Jackson Emblem & Jayden Kickett... dark times ahead... although they've signed Troy Parker & possibly Robbie Ahmat from Districts and still have Robbie Campbell & Thomas Motlop playing

Palmerston look good but not great.. Mishai Perry has kicked 13 goals in 2 games, although they've only played Nightcliff and Darwin :eek: heard rumors there recruits are coming in soon headlined by Peter Shepherd

Wanderers could be around the mark again... good core group of players, if they can keep Relton Roberts, Shannon Motlop, Jamie Scrmyjour & Brad Stephenson injury free.. they are a big chance for the flag

Will be hard to beat Saints this year - although the competition looks like it will be alot more competitive than in recent years.

Ladder Prediction:
St. Mary's
Waratahs
Wanderers
Tiwi
Palmerston
Sth Districts
Nightcliff
Darwin

now i'm a little tired after that spiel :p

Spot on with the ladder prediction mate. Waratahs are a better looking team this year with the recruiting of Ruckan Mark Bradley and Full Forward Josh Hill from SA.
Nightcliff will strugle unless they get players flying in and out every week from SA n WA, Which wouldnt be good for team spirit having players only show u for a game. But i dont think they have a choice.
Wanderers are abit of the unknown, We all know they should be in the finals at seasons end but anything can happen at Wanderers. For the first time in years the Eagles have a long list of talls who can play threw the spine with Schilds, Stephensen, Patrick, Young Kruse, White all capable of playing in the Ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back