NTFL - Upcoming Season News

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah sorry bout that. didnt really have a look over it after i finished.

Hey fiddy two of my cousins are playing up your way There 2 koori boys kalune brown, and leslie bamblet. Have you seen these boys play and if so how do you rate them:thumbsu:

Adding on from bestyoucanget's opening post, here's a bit of background info on some of the coaches...

Southern Districts - Michael "Majo" Mclean (ex-Nightcliff, and Footscray, Brisbane Bears/Lions champ)

Saint Mary's - Warren Campbell (last season coached in the CAFL, ex-WAFL premiership player (South Fremantle) and North Melbourne Kangaroo (son of Basil Campbell, WAFL legend with South Freo, too)

Waratahs - Bill Martin

Palmerston Magpies - Darren Flanagan

Nightcliff - ????

Wanderers - Mark Motlop (NT legend and SANFL star in his day.)

Buffalos - Gilbert McAdam (SANFL Margaery Medallist (1989) and former St Kilda and Brisbane player with a one-season stint at Claremont in the WAFL)

Tiwi Islands - Greg Orsto

Thanks, dreamkiller.

Southern Districts - Michael "Majo" Mclean (ex-Nightcliff, and Footscray, Brisbane Bears/Lions champ)

Saint Mary's - Warren Campbell (last season coached in the CAFL, ex-WAFL premiership player (South Fremantle) and North Melbourne Kangaroo (son of Basil Campbell, WAFL legend with South Freo, too)

Waratahs - Bill Martin

Palmerston Magpies - Darren Flanagan

Nightcliff - Stephen Easton (former North Melbourne and Carlton forward). Assistant coaches: Ingvar Dyrting and Glenn Humphrey.

Wanderers - Mark Motlop (NT legend and SANFL star in his day.)

Buffalos - Gilbert McAdam (SANFL Margaery Medallist (1989) and former St Kilda and Brisbane player with a one-season stint at Claremont in the WAFL)

Tiwi Islands - Greg Orsto

he's certainly made a good impression in his limited time at the club so far and has bought a few new players with him............the key will be whether he can get some consistency in the side as that's been the big problem in recent years.

Have you sceen kaulen brown or leslie bamblet play yet?

Results from the Weekend round 4!!

Tiwi 4.3 13.8 19.12 28.15 (183)
Wanderers 5.2 9.4 17.6 20.8 (128)

Goals - Tiwi: D Rioli 4 E Tipungwuti 4 A Orsto 3 T Simon 3 R Pupungamirri 3 O Henry 2 S Munkara 2 R Farmer 2 N Pangiraminni 2 A Wonaeamirri T Wilson F Daniels. Wanderers: S Thompson 7 J Marika 3 D Miskin 3 J burgoyne 2 H Calma C Karpany D Cooper M Motlop J Sing

Best - Tiwi: E Darcy S Munkara D Rioli R Farmer M Wilson. Wanderers: J Burgoyne S Thompson C Karpany B Stephenson A Beaumont.

Nightcliff 6.1 13.3 15.7 21.9 (135)
Palmerston 4.2 5.5 8.7 11.13 (79)

Goals - Nightcliff: C McKinnon 7 M Bain 4 G Chivers 3 S Carr 2 A Kelly 2 J Kickett W Kossack R Roberts. Palmerston: P Heenan 2 M Perry 2 J Wilson 2 J Imbi 2 G Crawford 2 N Lawrence

Best - Nightcliff: S Carr B Moody C McKinnon R Roberts G Chivers. Palmerston: J Wilson J Imbi J Frank J Cockatoo J Morris

St Marys 3.6 8.7 13.8 15.9 (99)
Darwin 1.4 4.6 5.8 5.13 (43)

Goals - St Marys: B Stanislaus 3 D Gordan 2 B Serafin 2 R Kantilla 2 A loughman 2 I Vallejo S Rioli C Wilson R Priest. Darwin: C Stokes 2 M Dhurrkay 2 C Sharples

Best - St Marys: R Priest M Kerley L Stapleton M Patterson R Hale. Darwin: P Wills J Peris C Stokes C Sharples A Betts.

Waratahs 1.5 7.9 10.10 13.13 (91)
Sthn Districts 2.3 3.3 7.6 8.7 (55)

Goals - Waratahs: D Annable 4 K Bruce 3 G Puruntatameri 2 B Rayson 2 J Bury M Goodwin. Districts: A Wedding 3 K Archibald 3 K Whitehurst B Feeney

Best - Waratahs: J Smart D Annable D O'Sullivan T Tassman B Rayson. Districts: K Archibald P Fittock B Feeney B AhMat T Fittock
Archibald must be going alright has got mongrel has he

A few of the ex-Kerang boys seem to be in the action. Wedding, Kossak and Karpany in the goals or the best payers. Good luck to those blokes in their footy as they were very popular players when playing for Kerang.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another query, re Tiwi Bombers:

Is there to be a mid-season 'grand final' between the Bombers (once their seven games are up) and whichever team is leading the NTFL ladder?

I am sure I heard something along these lines.

A few of the ex-Kerang boys seem to be in the action. Wedding, Kossak and Karpany in the goals or the best payers. Good luck to those blokes in their footy as they were very popular players when playing for Kerang.
Is Karpany a aboriginal lad !? also is he from the central murray area as the name is familiar over in South Australia amongst the indiginous folk.

Just after some info on Heath De boo, played under Jimmy Jess a few years ago at Robe in s/e of sth aust including a premiership i beleive.I heard a whisper that he's up in Darwin playing, not sure if thats the ntfl he's at or in the sunday comp.Any news would be good.....

Just after some info on Heath De boo, played under Jimmy Jess a few years ago at Robe in s/e of sth aust including a premiership i beleive.I heard a whisper that he's up in Darwin playing, not sure if thats the ntfl he's at or in the sunday comp.Any news would be good.....

Heath played for Demons in the TEAFA (Association) last season not sure if still in Darwin as hasnt played this year.

Bit of a firey lad on the field.

Heath played for Demons in the TEAFA (Association) last season not sure if still in Darwin as hasnt played this year.

Bit of a firey lad on the field.

Ta Nt Bomber is the TEAFA the sunday competition !? yeah heard he is a firey lad, i think he missed close to half a season one year (in suspension !!) in his time at Robe.Saying that Jimmy Jess swore by him !!

Ta Nt Bomber is the TEAFA the sunday competition !? yeah heard he is a firey lad, i think he missed close to half a season one year (in suspension !!) in his time at Robe.Saying that Jimmy Jess swore by him !!

TEAFA play occasionally on Saturdays but mainly a Sunday competition standard about equal to B Grade AFLNT.

does anyone know of andy viola just been appointed coach in a geelong league, think he played for wanderers and coached port douglas to 3 flags

does anyone know of andy viola just been appointed coach in a geelong league, think he played for wanderers and coached port douglas to 3 flags
An absolute lunitic back in his day playing for Heidelberg. Travelled to darwin three or four years in a row dominated in both comps but took its toll and just recently had a lower leg amputated. I played under him in 98 a very hard but good coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back