NXT Discussion Thread (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Refreshing and can keep them on NXT for a bit longer
Quite frankly it's what they needed, I'm as big a UE mark as most but there's nothing left for them to do as heels.

no more McAfee dammit! might be skipping Takeover at this rate :thumbsdown:
That's a bit of a kneejerk reaction, Threatening to skip an entire takeover just because of McAfee.

I get Pat isn't everyone cup of tea but this is well beyond your usual celebrity crossover

I think Adam Cole's dead :eek:
He definitely sold it like someone poisoned his Monster (again)

Which works for the angle too, If any of us got kicked in the face by any given KPF we'd die on the spot too.

1dcb0e548641acd7f51991ac62bc2d37.jpg

This is something we’re doing now? The monster heel running to twitter seconds after his crime seeking validation?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's a bit of a kneejerk reaction, Threatening to skip an entire takeover just because of McAfee.

I get Pat isn't everyone cup of tea but this is well beyond your usual celebrity crossover

Bullshit. He hasn't played a NFL game since the Obama presidency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was still cool but i reckon they botched the Kross-Lee build.

Kross going on a tear and beating the s**t out of randoms because " you won't give me a title shot " is stupid because Keith stood in the ring and laid the belt down.

IF the point of it was " Yeah i saw you lay the belt down but i'm gonna pretend you didn't just so i can beat up randoms because i like it " then i can dig it , but the fact i have to ask means they ****ed it.

The Dijakovic beatdown would've been a good point to end the build IMO.
Could've been an all-time build had they nailed it imo.

so full card for Takeover (unless they add something else at last minute):
Keith Lee (c) vs Karrion Kross (NXT Championship)
Io Shirai (c) vs Dakota Kai (NXT Women's Championship)
Bronson Reed vs Damian Priest vs Cameron Grimes vs Johnny Gargano vs Velveteen Dream (Ladder Match for NXT North American Championship)
Adam Cole vs Pat McAfee
Legado del Fantasma (Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde) vs Breezango vs Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch (pre-show, no 1 contenders for NXT Tag Titles)

so full card for Takeover (unless they add something else at last minute):
Keith Lee (c) vs Karrion Kross (NXT Championship)
Io Shirai (c) vs Dakota Kai (NXT Women's Championship)
Bronson Reed vs Damian Priest vs Cameron Grimes vs Johnny Gargano vs Velveteen Dream (Ladder Match for NXT North American Championship)
Adam Cole vs Pat McAfee
Legado del Fantasma (Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde) vs Breezango vs Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch (pre-show, no 1 contenders for NXT Tag Titles)

When you consider the strong likelihood of a non-finish in the main event - they arent going to take the belt of Lee yet - that's comfortably the most underwhelming Takeover I've ever seen. I won't even bother watching this unless Bronson wins the NA title.

When you consider the strong likelihood of a non-finish in the main event - they arent going to take the belt of Lee yet - that's comfortably the most underwhelming Takeover I've ever seen. I won't even bother watching this unless Bronson wins the NA title.

strong chance for main roster to outperform Takeover. The Takeover shows don't feel as special atm, since NXT went to 2 hours every week.

Who the hell is Pat McPhee? More importantly should I care?
One of the best punters to play in the NFL in the last decade, now a media personality with his own podcast and radio show who often pops up on ESPN, WWE preshows and the like.

I'm not going to sit here and demand you care, But watch some of the promos leading up to this. The man is gold on the mic, He's come in and is already a better promo than 90% of the roster.

so it’s like bam bam vs Taylor than!
Technically yes, But in this case both guys are going to be far and away better than their 80's counterparts. Should be extremely entertaining rather than just a spectacle.

Apparently McAfee wants to do more than 1 match, if so I guess they’ll stretch this out until Wargames?

I mean if it gives us Undisputed Era one more War Games before hitting the main roster, I think we'd all be all for that!

I mean if it gives us Undisputed Era one more War Games before hitting the main roster, I think we'd all be all for that!
UE winning War Games as faces then Main Roster? That'd be legit

UE winning War Games as faces then Main Roster? That'd be legit
Be the perfect way to send them off NXT.

Sending them off as faces so they can do a proper curtain call and then returning them heel on their main roster debut would work so well.

Haha McAfee is such a natural on the mic. He comes in and doesn't have that wooden typical feel to him like the rest. The only thing that is awkward is that he legit dwarfs Cole.

Apparently McAfee wants to do more than 1 match, if so I guess they’ll stretch this out until Wargames?

McAfee has been training to wrestle (admittedly part time) for over 2 years now--- wouldn't be surprised if he has a semi-decent match and then has an actual part time run over the next few years.

McAfee has been training to wrestle (admittedly part time) for over 2 years now--- wouldn't be surprised if he has a semi-decent match and then has an actual part time run over the next few years.
Expect it to be incredibly overbooked though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back