Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even watching the last few episodes of the final season I found sufficient, it regularly gets raised here across these forums how very well done it was.

I wouldn’t recommend watching it over one weekend. Go outside.

The series (and that awful movie) starts off a bit kiddy and cheesy but finds it’s rhythm. There are also a lot of pointless episodes.

I think there are guides online which shows which episodes you should watch and which you can skip. Maybe look one of them up.
Which Season and Episodes are Filonis?

It's all made up. She's 10 years old in this show because the producers chose to write her that way. Then they cast a 10 year old who looks and moves like a toddler. Maybe this was intended to appeal to a young audience. But there's no character development for her.

The alternative I suggested earlier was to tell the story of Leia in her teens. She could have a role in the burgeoning rebel movement. That would actually fill some gaps in her story between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

Instead we get the tale of Reva, that is essentially a disposable character in the scheme of things.

It's made up?! Where did you learn this groundbreaking information?

You can make an alternative in your head if you want but you don't actually get to make the show.

Reva is a 'disposable character' and yet your main gripe seems to have been that all the characters involved are characters we already know the outcome for. In which case isn't a 'disposable character' where anything could happen exactly what you want?

I and my wife and two older teens are loving this series. Our complaint is it is not long enough. I’d love to see many more episodes. We know the movies back to front. And have seen the Clones Wars. We liked the CW’s and loved the season 7 encore series, but don’t know them back to front. But I reckon Ewan and Deborah are doing a sterling job at this point of the Star Wars timeline. I’d love to see more Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru and young Luke. Series 2?

It's made up?! Where did you learn this groundbreaking information?

You can make an alternative in your head if you want but you don't actually get to make the show.

Reva is a 'disposable character' and yet your main gripe seems to have been that all the characters involved are characters we already know the outcome for. In which case isn't a 'disposable character' where anything could happen exactly what you want?

Your argument against Leia not having character development was based on that she's 10 years old. I'm saying that was a choice by the producers, and in my opinion not a good one (unless you are trying to make the show appeal to preteen girls). A more interesting and relevant story would have been about Leia as a capable teenager becoming involved with the rebels.

My gripe was not that we know the outcome of the main characters. But that this show doesn't add much to their backstory. It actually detracts from Obi-Wan Kenobi's story. It paints him as a loser who has lost his skills - then he abandons Luke, when we know his one job, his purpose, was to protect him.

Your argument against Leia not having character development was based on that she's 10 years old. I'm saying that was a choice by the producers, and in my opinion not a good one (unless you are trying to make the show appeal to preteen girls). A more interesting and relevant story would have been about Leia as a capable teenager becoming involved with the rebels.

My gripe was not that we know the outcome of the main characters. But that this show doesn't add much to their backstory. It actually detracts from Obi-Wan Kenobi's story. It paints him as a loser who has lost his skills - then he abandons Luke, when we know his one job, his purpose, was to protect him.

Sure.. and they might tell that story in another show?

Is it?

Has he had to close his social media accounts due to bullying and harassment? Did he attempt suicide?

Or was he just criticised for acting in the same way plenty of other white male actors in those prequels was criticised?

Maybe he closed his Myspace account due to the heavy criticism he received for Revenge of the Sith. After Attack of the Clones I'm pretty sure he just switched his MSN status to 'appear offline'.

databank_forcechoke_01_169_93e4b0cf.jpeg

Anakin-Skywalker-Sand-Meme.png

Same guy. Apparently.

Maybe he closed his Myspace account due to the heavy criticism he received for Revenge of the Sith. After Attack of the Clones I'm pretty sure he just switched his MSN status to 'appear offline'.

databank_forcechoke_01_169_93e4b0cf.jpeg

Anakin-Skywalker-Sand-Meme.png

Same guy. Apparently.
If only there was like 2 decades of personal development between those two photos ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If vader can hold a ship with the force then why does he even need to bother with light sabre duels?

he could just send 200 men flying in all directions with the force.

I thought the latest episode addressed that, he is toying with people most of the time.

I liked that episode. It wrapped up what I expected to happen, made me feel smart and the complete lack of tactics from all sides just reinforced that the empire shouldn't be in power because it's clearly incompetent.

I hope they don't nerf Thrawn like this. It would be great to have a competent and capable enemy to defeat through something miraculous.

People love younger versions of Obi Wan Kenobi because Ewan McGregor is a good actor and portrays a believable version of the original character played by Sir Alec Guinness.

People hate Anakin Skywalker because...

He only really got to show anything other than petulant child in clone wars. Plus there's big question marks over how he got the senator's heart. Their love story didn't really make sense.

It would have been more interesting if it started at episode 2 and had three movies of essentially buddy cop stuff with Obi Wan and Anakin - where Padme flirts with both of them and jealousy gets Anakin. Playing on themes of inadequacy, seeking validation etc

I think a lot of people missed the character of Vader in late Empire/all of Jedi.

He spends the last five minutes pleading with Luke to join him and then all of Jedi being a frightened servant of the Emperor acting against his own will.

This idea that he's been cool calculating ruthless bad guy isn't accurate. Heck, even if his first scenes in Star Wars he's having a tanty because they can't find the plans.

Padme’s handmaiden/decoy?

Yeah. Think there's a place for that story to be continued, but it was such a non sequitor I didn't quite understand it haha.

Also not sure how something can be a 'missed opportunity' when there's no idea if Knightley is even interested in reprising the role.

I was just thinking laterally.

Knightley is now a star actress.

The character was a decoy for Padme who not only closely resembled her appearance but knew every aspect of her personality. It could have made sense if she had a role in Leia's upbringing as an echo/influence of her real mother.

I was just thinking laterally.

Knightley is now a star actress.

The character was a decoy for Padme who not only closely resembled her appearance but knew every aspect of her personality. It could have made sense if she had a role in Leia's upbringing as an echo/influence of her real mother.

It would make almost no sense for her to be involved as it would make it rather obvious who Leia is.

I thought you might have read the books about the handmaidens, which are quite decent and make a good case for there being more to their story, but they all go off and do their own things.

It would make almost no sense for her to be involved as it would make it rather obvious who Leia is.

I thought you might have read the books about the handmaidens, which are quite decent and make a good case for there being more to their story, but they all go off and do their own things.
It would make sense for Bail Organa to hire some personal security for Leia once he gets her back and who better than some of Padme's former handmaidens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back