Solved OJ Simpson Case

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
'O.J. Is Innocent And I Can Prove It': In New Book, P.I. William Dear Claims O.J. Simpson's Son Was The Killer

It's often said that the only certainties in life are death and taxes. But you can add "rehashing of the O.J. Simpson case" to that list -- at least for the last 18 years.

So it should come as no surprise that a new book has been published about the 1994 murders of Simpson's ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend, Ron Goldman.

In 1995, a California jury acquitted O.J. Simpson of the killings. A civil lawsuit, later filed by the victims' families, resulted in a 1997 judgment finding Simpson liable for the deaths and ordering him to pay $33.5 million in damages.

The latest installment in the Simpson library is not another "If I Did It," in which the former gridiron great speculated on how he might have killed his former wife. Instead, the new book points the finger of guilt away from Simpson and lays the blame on his son, Jason Simpson.

"Everything we have in the book is documented. It is not theory or hypothesis. It is fact," renowned private investigator William C. Dear told The Huffington Post about his book, "O.J. Is Innocent and I Can Prove It."

Dear's 576-page "true account," according to Amazon.com, hit the shelves today, retailing at $18 for the hardcover edition.

In the investigation into the murders of Brown and Goldman, Jason Simpson was never considered a suspect or a person of interest. The 41-year-old lives in Miami, where he reportedly works as a chef. HuffPost was unable to reach Simpson for comment Monday because his phone had been disconnected.

But Dear said he has spent nearly two decades looking into the case and assembled a mountain of circumstantial evidence, which, he said, suggests that O.J. Simpson had nothing to do with the murders of Brown and Goldman.

"I flew out two weeks after the murders," he said. "I climbed over the back gate and walked the walkway to the front door, and that's when I realized O.J. could not have done it. But he was there. He was either there at the time or there afterwards [and] became part of the crime."

In his book, Dear claims that he has the knife used in the murders, along with photos and other evidence that suggest the true killer was Jason Simpson, O.J.'s son with his first wife.

"When I tell you we have the weapon -- we found the weapon in Jason's storage facility that he failed to make payments on. We know he carried it -- his initials were carved in the leather sheath," Dear said.

"We have emails from his former roommates that were in college with him. We have our suspect's diaries. We have his forged time card, and we have the vehicle he was driving on the night of the murders," said Dear.

The private investigator also claims to have photos of Jason Simpson wearing the knit cap that was found at the murder scene.

But why? Why would Jason Simpson kill Brown and Goldman?

During O.J. Simpson's trial, prosecutors alleged that the defendant was obsessed with his ex-wife, that he was prone to jealous rages and that he would stalk her.

Dear contends that Jason Simpson has his own demons and suffers from "intermittent rage disorder."

"Our suspect at the time was 5'11" and 235 pounds," Dear said. "He was 24 years old, and he was on probation for assaulting his previous employer with a knife. In addition to that, he's had three attempted suicides and has been in a psychiatric unit."

On the day of the murders -- June 12, 1994 -- O.J. Simpson and Nicole Brown attended a dance recital for their daughter. Dear alleges that Jason Simpson was working as a chef in a Beverly Hills restaurant and had put together a special meal for the family. Brown, however, did not attend.

"You're dealing with a young man who just weeks prior had checked into a hospital where he said he was out of his medication and was about to rage," Dear said. "I have no doubt he had no intention of killing her, but [he] confronted her and, as a result, something happened."

Dear said the diaries he obtained, which were allegedly written by Jason Simpson, refer to the young man's obsession with knives and the problems he was purportedly dealing with.

One entry allegedly reads, "It's the year of the knife for me. I cut away my problems with a knife. Anybody touches my friends -- I will kill them. I'm also tired of being Dr. Jekyll [and] Mr. Hyde."

O.J. Simpson was unavailable for comment at the Lovelock Correctional Center in Lovelock, Nev., where he is serving a 33-year prison sentence. In 2008, he was found guilty of armed robbery and kidnapping for taking sports memorabilia from a dealer at gunpoint.

While the book's bombshell claims have not been proved -- authorities in California have yet to comment on them -- Dear insisted he can back up every allegation.

"I have been inducted into the Police Officer Hall of Fame as a private investigator, so my credentials are not [that of] some idiot guy just throwing it out there. My reputation is important to me. I would not say any of this without a great deal of backup," Dear said.

Dear also contended that he has managed to convince others that his theory has merit.

"I recently did a speech in front of 533 law enforcement investigators and prosecutors," he said. "The first statement I made was 'How many of you believe O.J. was guilty?' and everyone raised their hand. When [my speech] was over, I asked the same thing and only three people voted guilty. So when you get law enforcement and all these people to take that position, that's a pretty strong position."

He's an interesting link:

Tucked away on the CNN server is still the 'OJ Simpson Trial Hub' from way back in 1996.

original.jpg

There is no direct link to the page, nor can you find it on the menu structure, but you can get there from the link below.

It's a complete resource of the entire trial, all in 1996 web graphics.

Fascinating.

http://edition.cnn.com/US/OJ/

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Posting comments from another place I've discussed this....

Guarantee OJ didnt do it.
Read up on the EDT preservative found in the blood and how that blood was planted.
They erased it not wanting to get into it.

A well-known fact that the police had to tamper with the evidence, which fvcked up the prosecution in the first place.

It's well-known in LA circles that the son did it. Police officers, fathers of acquaintances, always knew. When the crime was first reported, from neighbors, the original tip called in was it was the son.

{snip}

He goes on to tell me that at one time, he worked in the call center that took all the calls from the tip hot-line for one of the major news stations in Los Angeles.

He said it was him and a bunch of other people in the room, and all day long they would just take calls of people looking to score a reward for notifying the news of the next big police chase or bank robbery.

When a call came in, it was his and his co-workers job to take down a quick report and then report back to the director in the back of this room. Now the director that ran this operation was on a whole ‘nother level. Lets just say, this guys job wasnt to report the news, it was to interpret it and MAKE THE NEWS. He had two phones at his desk according to my friend. One went to the network exec’s and the other went to the switchboard that could connect him to the eye’s in the sky and other mobile units that are on call 24 hours a day in major metropolitan areas such as LA.

When the OJ murders went down, low and behold, who do you think it was that got the very first tip call from one of the neighbors? Yep, you guessed it, my buddy.

According to him, it wasnt OJ that did it. OJ showed up after the fact. It was actually OJ’s son, from a previous woman. Apparently the kid just hated Nicole Brown. It was a VERY unstable household to say the least. Im not revealing anything new when talking about the coke/swinger parties and whatnot (some of which involved our very own Marcus Allen).

When OJ got there, he told his kid to get out and basically tried to do what he could. If youre wondering why the “glove didnt fit”. Now you know why. They should have tried it on the hand of OJ’s eldest son.

But nobody ever found out about this. Because once the call center director was given the cliff-notes of what had gone down, and it appeared that OJ was trying to cover up for his son, the director knew exactly what would make for a better media story and more profits for anyone involved. So they ran with the story that OJ was willing to somewhat contribute too. They pinned it on OJ even though they knew he didnt do it.

Why? It’s a far greater story. And so long as OJ is willing to play along, there are VERY few people that know the truth. The neighbors that callled in knew, but who was going to listen to them? The media? HA! YA RIGHT.

OJ went with it because the evidence didnt actually point to him. He figured he could get off. Or at the very least, protect his son.

The police went with it because busting OJ is a million times a greater story than busting his son. And the moment they set their sights on OJ, there was no turning back after the fact. Cause then everyone would know they were in on the coverup as well.

In the end, the police couldnt make it stick. They couldnt go back on it for obvious reasons. And the media won out due to what a HUGE story it became.

The better question to ask is even if they could prove the son did it, why would they?

Does the story have any legs anymore? Is there any reason for the media to get behind it?

More importantly, WHY WOULD THE POLICE department EVER dig this back up. You think they didnt talk to the neighbor witnesses. The same witnesses that spoke to my friend on the tip hotline.

They had to have told the police what they knew. And the police brushed it off and went with the bigger story. To re-open this case would only prove that they were in on the media blitz.

Everyone that stands to gain from re-opening this, loses. The media and the police. The only ones that would gain would be the lawyers on both sides but lets face it, OJ doesnt have that kind of money anymore so you can bet even the lawyers could care less about the truth.

Follow the money. It simplifies and reveals all.

Wonder if he can be tried for their murders after all these years?
———
Who knows, and to be honest, who cares.

The damage is already done. The two people are dead and never coming back.

Nothing is honestly gained by prosecuting the kid. Nothing at all. OJ wanted to take the fall, the fall was taken. Let sleeping dogs lie if you ask me.

And OJ’s reputation was ruined beyond repair and led him down a ugly path in life that he’ll never recover from. Those that believe the story might look at the actual evidence and rethink it. Others will hate OJ forever because that is the stance theyve chosen regardless of anything but the fact that a white girl is dead and a famous black man was blamed. That is enough to close a case for a lot of people.

The truth is, he did an unreal noble thing by taking the bullet for his kid. VERY few of us would have done the same. And maybe that is why most wont believe the story. Because if we do, then it makes us feel like less of parents and it really makes us look bad for any of the people that felt he was guilty.

People hate admiting they were wrong. Despite the fact that its the easiest thing to do. People have their minds made up about OJ and they arent going to change it. The son could come out and admit it himself and people would still want to hate on OJ.

The story about the Juice's son is 100% truth. The PI that spent 600k of his own money proved that back in the day. Most who don’t swallow what the media puts down knew this.

My Dad, (RIP) always believed OJ was innocent, and He was in Law Enforcement for 12 years.

I had no problem with OJ taking the fall for his kid if that is what he wanted to do. All the family of Nicole Brown wanted was vengence anyways, didnt matter who’s head ended up on a stake.

But I also believe in due process of law. If the police * up, YOU MUST let the person off, whether they are guilty or not.

As for Lee Harvey, great example of just how dumb our country is. It’s why I dont even vote. I cant support this crap anymore. It’s all a facade.

Hell, there isnt even a clear line of sight from where Lee Harvey supposedly took the shots from. That is the biggest joke on the American public EVER!

Nope. I am explaining to whoever said, “So that’s why the gloves didn’t fit” that the gloves, in their original state, did fit. Easy to see, even on tv.

Millions of men have hands the size of OJ’s–large hands, and fitting them into crinkle, shruken leather gloves while also wearing latex, is impossible unless you tug and tug and stretch the leather. (BTW, it can be done by stretching the leather, but first the leather must be cleaned.) Further complicating the process, try spreading your fingers. What a joke all that was, but some people like trite rhymes.

The gloves themselves were large-sized, but misshapen because of having shrunk.

Do I know what size hand OJ’s son has? No, I don’t. So what? Anyone wanting black leather gloves and not having any of his own would have grabbed the first pair he found in the house or in a car or wherever.

Even if the son committed the murder, he could have grabbed his father’s gloves.

Am I immediately impressed by your story. No, I am not. I’ve been around too long to be. Have seen too much of this alternate story explanation stuff to jump immediately to “Oh, my God, OJ really didn’t kill those two. His son did. A book’s been written!”

Might the alternate hypothesis be accurate? Yes, it could be, but that a book was written that makes the concept of another murderer seem likely or probable or even a little bit suggestive doesn’t impress me considering the number of books I’ve read in my life that were constructed to make a buck or the number of honest hypotheses I’ve seen tested in a science lab that seemed sure things only to fail the test of predictive repetition, the only test of hypotheses that matter in science.

I always believed it to be a case of a celebrity and their "bigger than Jesus" belief in themselves, especially given OJs bizarre episode that landed him in jail.
The article, and quotes, stating his son offer an interesting view of the murders. I'm not clear on the US legal system, but what grounds could this case be re-opened? Is it solely new evidence or something else.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I was watching the Colbert Show the other night and they were previewing an upcoming TV series on the Simpson murder trial - Cuba Gooding Jr as Simpson, John Travolta as one of his lawyers, Sarah Paulsen as the prosecutor

Anyway, I'm sure we all remember this case.

What do people remember most about it?

For me:

- The slow speed chase.

- The prosecutors asking Simpson to try on the glove...seriously WTF? Huge, huge blunder

- One of the lead cops being accused of being racist and therefore framing Simpson

- When the not guilty verdict came in everyone in America either cheering for it (blacks) or stunned and furious (whites)

It's an absolute travesty that he was found not guilty.

(Discalimer - no idea if there is a thread already on this, if there is, feel free to merge)

Perth gal

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The only reasons he got imo was that he was a celebrity and that racial tensions were running high at the time in LA and there would have been an absolute riot to end all riots if he had of been found guilty.

Isn't he in jail for an unrelated fraud charge?

May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
The guy is a tool with a long history of spousal abuse. Its very hard to convict someone so high profile. All you need is a shred of doubt in a one jurors mind. The family of Ron Goldman won the civil case for "wrongfull death" against OJ based on evidence without the use of a Jury.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Watched a very good doco called My Brother the Serial Killer that has this guy, an obvious but job and attention whore, claiming he was responsible.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...nicole-brown-simpson-bombshell-prison-letter/

The most common defences from the crazies who support Simpson are that someone else did it - some of them say his son, others say it was drug dealers looking for his wife's friends - and the other one is that the cops frames him and planted all the evidence against him.

The jury in his trial bought the police frame up story.

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
My best memory was that my kids were young at the time and i made the comment.
"This is america" and This is how they roll" so never trust a yank.
My son has never forgotten those words.

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
The police treated the case pretty poorly from what I've read. Poor collection and presentation of key evidence, particularly DNA evidence. Then the whole glove situation, why was he putting on a glove.. while already wearing gloves!? It was amateurish at best.

As mentioned before racial tensions were at extreme levels after the Rodney King trial and I believe the jurors were frightened about any potential ramifications if they were to find him to guilty.

Also I think that the jurors didn't understand the term 'reasonable doubt' the .000000000001% chance that DNA evidence is not accurate is not reasonable doubt

May 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I never understood why he was made to wear those gloves. Big mistake, this case had so many loopholes

Doco on Fox said that he had suffered from athritis of the hands from his football days and had been taking anti-inflammatory drugs for years. His defence team had advised him to come of his meds in the weeks leading up to the trial. Needless to say his hands were quite swollen. Make of that what you will...

plastikman

Debutant
Apr 5, 2015
West
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
- One of the lead cops being accused of being racist and therefore framing Simpson

When witness Kathleen Bell, her voice shaking with emotion, told of hearing Mark Fuhrman utter one of his racial epithets, the 22-year-old white woman in the second row of the jury looked as though she'd never heard anything so vile.

She frowned. Her brow furrowed. Her usually placid face turned troubled. Her eyes didn't leave Bell as the witness, a woman of her own race and time, remembered Fuhrman saying that, if he had his way, all African Americans--he used another word--"would be gathered together and burned."

The jurors' reaction was the same when the next witness, Natalie Singer, another white woman, remembered Fuhrman telling her and a friend that "the only good nagger is a dead nagger."

http://articles.latimes.com/1995-09-06/news/mn-42720_1_mark-fuhrman

chargers 09

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
A shithole
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Baltimore Ravens
The only reasons he got imo was that he was a celebrity and that racial tensions were running high at the time in LA and there would have been an absolute riot to end all riots if he had of been found guilty.

Isn't he in jail for an unrelated fraud charge?

Commited a jewellery robbery or something like that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
The shows excellent people should watch it when its on 10 or just get it right now that would be good too.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I never understood why he was made to wear those gloves. Big mistake, this case had so many loopholes

Yep, huge blunder. Just unfathomable why the prosecution went down this path.

That and the judge allowing the defence to play the race card were devastating to the prosecution.

Back