Old Man Hirdy Tags In

Remove this Banner Ad

QCs - shiver and shake ******* s**t scared. Walker. (Walker is the new w***er).

* me drunk. These guys honestly believe that there is one set of rules for the Essendon Football Club and another set for the rest.

They have been found guilty by the highest sports court in the world and they still believe that they have done nothing wrong.

Delusional, the lot of them, Hird (Snr), Hird (Jnr), Francis, Little, Watson (Snr), Jones.

One bit that interested me in Hird (Snr) latest rant is that WADA did not produce any new evidence to find Jobe and the other 33 players guilty.

Isn't that why they are appealing, that WADA was able to prosecute to CAS on new evidence, i.e. De Novo

I like how Hird's daddy copied the Prime Minister on his email.
I'd say Brucie gave him the current distribution list and they've collectively added a couple add a couple of additional names to it.
We can cross-check against Bruce's next epic.

Speaking of the sea kayaker, I still haven't received my defamation action.

Nor has Hirdy built another wing on his mansion.

Well, what have you got ?, what dirt can you dredge up against James Hird's grandfather, the bloke died 8 years ago.

He was enrolled in the Army during WW2, served as President and obviously played for Essendon and was also a former Victorian Director General of Education.

Keep up the quality posts :thumbsu:
Pfffft.

Hirdy has 3 ANZAC Day medals.

Great to see Hird Senior attacking the CAS kangaroo court.
Would have liked more of this earlier.
If CAS was a kangaroo court, what then was the AFL tribunal.

You know, the tribunal that was told by ASADA that not one Essendon player listed the PED injections on their "what drugs have you taken recently" forms but failed to mention this fact in their final findings.

You know, the tribunal that was told by ASADA that not one Essendon player listed the PED injections on their "what drugs have you taken recently" forms but failed to mention this fact in their final findings.

The AFL tribunal was more in accordance with the worldwide standard of proof of "Beyond reasonable doubt"
The CAS standard is the very definition of a kangaroo court.
All this hoo-ha of lying on forms was Mcdevitt grasping at straws to imply guilt.
If this was the basis for guilt in an a actual legal hearing, it would have got laughed out of court.

The AFL tribunal was more in accordance with the worldwide standard of proof of "Beyond reasonable doubt"

Criminal standard, not contractual or code breach where the standard in the Commonwealth is balance of probabilities...hence why it (AFL Tribunal) was appealed.

In fact the WADA code actually applies a HIGHER standard than what a court would impose.

The players did not commit a crime they breached a contract condition.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CAS standard is the very definition of a kangaroo court.
All this hoo-ha of lying on forms was Mcdevitt grasping at straws to imply guilt.
If this was the basis for guilt in an a actual legal hearing, it would have got laughed out of court.
Have you even read the code? Because if you have you just don't understand it.

beyond belief it was not brought up in the final findings by the "independent" AFL tribunal

is it still the situation the players are not allowing any of the documents from CAS or the AFL Tribunal to be released to the public?

is it still the situation the players are not allowing any of the documents from CAS or the AFL Tribunal to be released to the public?

32 of them anyway it seems, since Gil? come out and said he asked again if they would release it and it was not.

Not sure why they haven't as HS published it here...so it's public just not offically public.

http://media.heraldsun.com.au/multimedia/2015/aug/project/pdfs/Judgement.pdf

The players names are redacted as is the section about Alavi's credibility, and a few other paragraphs that likely refer to Alavi based on the paragraphs before or after. Think Alavi being redacted more to the HS not wanting to be sued for defemation by him rather than based on protecting players.

Last edited:
Hird added: "If you (McLachlan) had bothered to read the Court of Arbitration for Sport decision, you would know that not only was there no evidence to find Jobe and the other 33 players guilty, but WADA relied upon ASADA's misconduct/corruption to secure its guilty findings."

He said this view was supported by "a number of QCs who are now working on the matter. I suggest your (AFL) lawyers try and find holes in it. When they can't, you should do everything possible to ensure the guilty findings are overturned and that ASADA and WADA are held responsible for their misconduct.

"To be honest, I don't understand why Jobe doesn't demand that you charge him, and immediately set up a hearing which is open to the public. Allowing the CAS panel, which was incompetent at best, to make the decision for the AFL, is nothing but cowardly."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...nlow-medal-20160601-gp9bxi.html#ixzz4AJxWvEby
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

I'm sure Gil will like being called a coward, and insinuating he hasn't read the decision is asking for trouble.

Was this waffle also delivered from the ethics centre ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back